What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st T20: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch Feb 22nd 2021

shiznit

Coach
You hating on Suzie Bates, lol... she is pretty awful

to be fair to her I can’t see another reason to have him in the team

she’s f**king terrible...

reminds me of that Will Ferrell character from Teledega Nights... Ricky Bobby... when he first gets interviewed...

HandyFelineIbizanhound-small.gif

gUt

Coach
have not read the thread and watching the replay now. I am up to where Maxwell just got out.

I have to know what the f**k do these Stars and Renegades merkins offer? Did Zampa do anything in the bbl? If he did I don't remember. Finch, Maxwell are still dining out on reputations they sort of earned 10 years ago. I can't understand it. A guy like Lynn is rightly judged harshly on his international form but has at least consistently performed in the BBL. Finch and Maxwell do nothing and walk into the side. Finch especially is a total nuffie, his field setting alone cost us 20-30 runs let alone his worthless wicket putting pressure on a debutante and the rest of the team. Baffling the way these guys have a mortgage on their spot.

gUt

Coach
It's like they cast a spell on commentators, either that or commentators get a little kickback by talking these guys up in the media and when they get a contract or an IPL berth...

eg Junior who is usually pretty good, going on about Maxwell's "control" as a bowler even as he's bowling shit down leg side.

And Finch's "instinctive" captaincy in a good light while with the next breath going on about all the easy runs they're getting via no mid-wicket. Then noting he didn't get an IPL contract... let's change the subject.

They're all mates and they don't want to hurt feelings.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Finch has been a gun for Australia in the short form of the game

Problem is he has gone on a year or two too long, and looks it.

Will be 35 later this year

Eelectrica

Referee
We're not getting near the WC final with Finch in the side. I don't see a dramatic turn around happening.
Its been a long time since he's really taken a bowling attack apart.

Granted we're probably not getting in the T20 final regardless. With Finch it's no chance.

Maybe after this series the selectors will see that too. Unless in game 5 NZ rest all their main bowlers and he has a big game against some park bowlers NZ try out. I'd back the park bowlers though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We're not getting near the WC final with Finch in the side. I don't see a dramatic turn around happening.

Granted we're probably not getting in the T20 final regardless. With Finch it's no chance.

Maybe after this series the selectors will see that too. Unless in game 5 NZ rest all their main bowlers and he has a big game against some park bowlers NZ try out. I'd back the park bowlers though.
But but but Finch is da best t20 captain in the world!

TheParraboy

Staff member

This years T20 World cup in in India

and there is another T20 World cup in 2022, in Australia

2023 ODI World cup in India

Be amazing if Finch makes the first one, let alone the next two..

Eelectrica

Referee
This years T20 World cup in in India

and there is another T20 World cup in 2022, in Australia

2023 ODI World cup in India

Be amazing if Finch makes the first one, let alone the next two..
Yeah. I feel this series was the one to cut him loose. His form hasn't warranted Australian selection.
Hell, Maxwell could have been an option as captain for this tour.

I know the selectors hands were tied a little having to pick a squad for SA as well.

Bazal

Post Whore

This is all true but we also have way more issues than Fatty. When was the last time Wadey did anything? Or Stoinis or Maxwell or Kane Richardson?

We're picking players on potential instead of performance...Ben McDermott is in the squad and amazing form with the white rock. There's ONE Sixers player, they won the comp?? Yeah we had a test squad at the same time but that doesn't mean we have to pick the same old hacks

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This is all true but we also have way more issues than Fatty. When was the last time Wadey did anything? Or Stoinis or Maxwell or Kane Richardson?

We're picking players on potential instead of performance...Ben McDermott is in the squad and amazing form with the white rock. There's ONE Sixers player, they won the comp?? Yeah we had a test squad at the same time but that doesn't mean we have to pick the same old hacks
This isn't Wade trolling but he did score 58 and 80 at a good click against India in the previous series.

That said I'm a Phillipe man both as opener and keeper in t20s.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah. I feel this series was the one to cut him loose. His form hasn't warranted Australian selection.
Hell, Maxwell could have been an option as captain for this tour.

I know the selectors hands were tied a little having to pick a squad for SA as well.
Two tours at the same time was never a good idea... obviously this series could change but like Brettig on cricinfo suggested, looked like there was a fair gulf between international cricket and BBL...

JJ

Immortal
This isn't Wade trolling but he did score 58 and 80 at a good click against India in the previous series.

That said I'm a Phillipe man both as opener and keeper in t20s.
Is Carey first choice in this stuff, or is he odi only