What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020/21 Offseason - Knights

Tony Morris

Juniors
Is anyone else not feeling all that excited about the upcoming season?

The way we finished last year, the injuries and other teams improving their rosters I can’t see us making finals.

Was definitely feeling a lot more optimistic this time last year compared to this year.

Yeah feeling it too. Excited for the Clubs future though, but got to think we're a few years off before we start having a real GF chance. Have to say I'm really excited to see Hodgson develop. My pal in the UK sent me some clips of him the other day and his hype is justified. Looks like a real talent at FB. They've definitely gone for a kid VERY similar to KP so I'm intrigued how this one will go

Spot On

Coach
Is anyone else not feeling all that excited about the upcoming season?

The way we finished last year, the injuries and other teams improving their rosters I can’t see us making finals.

Was definitely feeling a lot more optimistic this time last year compared to this year.

Agree.

A lot of pressure on Brailey this season as the spine we have is substandard compared to most sides ... again. He's the only player that can amke a big difference if he can stay on the park. We know what we are getting with our 6, 7 and 1.

Backrow is a big problem as well. Starting backs, if fully fit most weeks, should hold their own.

O'Brien will be hailed as a genius if he can get us to win a semi final.

Jono078

Referee
Not much said on yesterday’s trial. Going by tweets it would appear Dom Young was instrumental in the first two tries, scoring the first himself.

Jono078

Referee
Damn that fend was nice! We haven’t had many centres able to do that over the past couple of decades. Hope he can do the same in first grade when he gets there!

Joel-22

Juniors
Was anyone at the trial? I'd like to know how Young went outside of those two clips. I have high hopes that he'll finish the year in the centres with Best

Yosh

Coach
Recruiting seems to be spot in since O'Brian came. That left fend was beast.

I'm worried about our structure though. With Mann at 6, we don't get the ball early enough or in enough space for our centres... Can't take advantage of Best or Young even if they do have all the ability in the world. Also, Pearce is so slow to get the ball out to Ponga and that move gets shut down way too often.

Perhaps having Watson causing havoc in the middle could mean defenses are less prepared. Clifford should definitely help our backs next year.

aqua_duck

Coach
Damn that fend was nice! We haven’t had many centres able to do that over the past couple of decades. Hope he can do the same in first grade when he gets there!
Our last real centre in that mould who used to just bully the opposition was BJ who on his day was near unstoppable, hopefully Young has a few more brain cells and isn't a complete imbecile

aqua_duck

Coach
Well colour me impressed. Kids got a future from what I saw
Musgrove was a very highly rated junior, made the blues under 18s squad in 2016 alongside guys like Cotric, Papenhuyzen, Lomax, Haas, Campbell Graham, Cam Murray, Moses Suli, etc but was had a tonne of injuries from the age of about 18-20, signed with Manly last year but quit due to home sickness. Perfect build for a modern day outside back at 6'2 and about 102kg

Rodney Rude

Juniors
Of course.....

Have to wonder what the Knights have done to be hated this much by the football gods...

How many injuries will we get this weekend in the storm trial? Best out for 6 months? Brailey does his ACL again? Frizell and Klemmer break something?

To be honest... the little interest I had for the upcoming year is slowly evaporating even more...

Gonna be a long year.

Last edited: