What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020/21 Offseason - Knights

Of course.....

Have to wonder what the Knights have done to be hated this much by the football gods...

How many injuries will we get this weekend in the storm trial? Best out for 6 months? Brailey does his ACL again? Frizell and Klemmer break something?

To be honest... the little interest I had for the upcoming year is slowly evaporating even more...

Gonna be a long year.
Hopefully we're just getting our yearly large injury toll out of the way before the season starts instead of during..

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Of course.....

Have to wonder what the Knights have done to be hated this much by the football gods...

How many injuries will we get this weekend in the storm trial? Best out for 6 months? Brailey does his ACL again? Frizell and Klemmer break something?

To be honest... the little interest I had for the upcoming year is slowly evaporating even more...

Gonna be a long year.

Honestly doesn’t bother me, Just means Star will take his jersey, thats a good thing.

Yosh

Coach
Is he here to play in the outside backs only or are we looking to groom him into a strike back rower?

ryana87

Juniors
Team for round 1?

1. Tex Hoy

2. Edrick lee (or Young if lees still injured)

3. Enari Tuala (or Toa)

4. Bradman Best

5. Hymel Hunt

6. Kurt Mann

7. Mitchell Pearce (sigh)

8. Daniel Saifiti

9. Jayden Brailey

10. David Klemmer

11. Tyson Frizell

12. Mitch Barnett

13. Connor Watson

Interchange:

14. Chris Randall

15. Jacob Saifiti

16. Sauaso Sue

17. Josh King

slotmachine

First Grade
Team for round 1?

1. Tex Hoy

2. Edrick lee (or Young if lees still injured)

3. Enari Tuala (or Toa)

4. Bradman Best

5. Hymel Hunt

6. Kurt Mann

7. Mitchell Pearce (sigh)

8. Daniel Saifiti

9. Jayden Brailey

10. David Klemmer

11. Tyson Frizell

12. Mitch Barnett

13. Connor Watson

Interchange:

14. Chris Randall

15. Jacob Saifiti

16. Sauaso Sue

17. Josh King

Randall only on a development deal so can't play till 30 June?

With Watson at 13 sounds like they don't need a utility, so Brodie Jones in place of Randall imo.

Yosh

Coach
If don't have Crossland somewhere in that 17, we have literally zero play making ability out there. I'm including Pearce. Brailey will be busy doing his own thing after a year out and Mann/Watson/Hoy are all basically the same player who have exactly the same skill set. Can't see why or how we are holding onto all three.

We need Crossland out there or we will never get a repeat set nor will thr outside backs get any good service.

Seriously, if we run out with no Crossland but all three of Mann, Watson and Hoy, I'm burn my jersey or something

Lol it's funny how many of you have turned on a 21yo with next to no 1st grade experience when 12months ago he was the golden child

Hoy is green and only going to improve

Tony Morris

Juniors
Lol it's funny how many of you have turned on a 21yo with next to no 1st grade experience when 12months ago he was the golden child

Hoy is green and only going to improve

Just read a recent interview with Mark O'Meley and he speaks VERY highly about Bailey Hodgson. He suggests the club has "huge plans for him". I can't see Tex getting a deal next season sadly, I like the kid. I know it's suggested a few times on the boards but I can see us trying to shift KP into the halves and bringing Hodgson in to the FB position within a season or 2.

Yosh

Coach
100% can see a spine of hodgson KP clifford brailey in 2023

I guess that's the plan right? And keep Pearce around just to help the kids bed in.

If Pearce is on $680,000, after he leaves, I wonder where we spend that money because the spine looks set.

Burwood

Bench
The salary cap has already been dropped by 6% in 2021/22 because of COVID. The good news is, Pearce’s drop in value covers a good chunk of the roughly $600,000/yr. :D

Latest posts