What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v parradontmatter

panthersam

Juniors
Fine for a game here or there but neither has a first grade kicking game

I don’t think anyone is expecting that to be the combo for anything more than a game or two anyway, and if that - I actually really rate Jarome’s short kicking game, an extremely overlooked aspect of his game. The kick he put through for Naden to score in Round 1 against the Roosters last year is a great example!

It’s Nathan’s long kicking that would definitely be missed, but that’s what they would be picking Burton as the next one up during Origin/Nathan wasn’t playing.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don’t think anyone is expecting that to be the combo for anything more than a game or two anyway, and if that - I actually really rate Jarome’s short kicking game, an extremely overlooked aspect of his game. The kick he put through for Naden to score in Round 1 against the Roosters last year is a great example!

It’s Nathan’s long kicking that would definitely be missed, but that’s what they would be picking Burton as the next one up during Origin/Nathan wasn’t playing.

That's the point. It's his game managing/long kicking that'd need to be replaced.

panthersam

Juniors
That's the point. It's his game managing/long kicking that'd need to be replaced.

I don’t think anyone has the long kicking that Nathan has in the competition so all the other teams are already behind us in that regards anyway.

In terms of the game management, we probably don’t have enough of a sample size in the top grade of Jarome leading the team by himself to really judge how he would be able to handle it but I back him to be fine with it. A player like Api would be a huge help in this situation too.

Kilkenny

Coach
In recent battle of the west trials didn’t we name a similar sized team ie 19 players but ended playing a number of players from the NSW cup side as well. I kind of expect Smith, Jennings and a few others will get some minutes as well in the main game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Does anyone know anything about Alec Susino? Named in NSW Cup, googled the name and a player who has played a couple of games in the lower leagues in the UK came up. Almost 26 years old. Front Rower, may not be the same one but it is not a common name. Sam McGregor as well haven’t heard on him previously and nothing came up under that name on Google other than a water polo player.

Just read another article on an Alec Susino who played 51 times for Barrow in the 2nd or 3rd tier. Has also played 3 times for Italy so we may have another international on our books.

Original Name

Juniors
Kikau comes off around 30th min. I would leave Capewell on for the rest of the game.
Kikau comes on for Martin. Then Martin comes on when a prop comes off
To me Blade's statement read like we're going to rest Yeo for a stint and shift Martin to prop which I'm not a fan unless we're winning comfortably.

Kilkenny

Coach
I did some googling myself, he seems to have played NYC for the sharks.

Must be a different Alec Susino. I just looked at a few links on the first page that came up and they all seemed to relate to someone playing in the UK lower divisions.

Blade23

Juniors
Does anyone know anything about Alec Susino? Named in NSW Cup, googled the name and a player who has played a couple of games in the lower leagues in the UK came up. Almost 26 years old. Front Rower, may not be the same one but it is not a common name. Sam McGregor as well haven’t heard on him previously and nothing came up under that name on Google other than a water polo player.

Just read another article on an Alec Susino who played 51 times for Barrow in the 2nd or 3rd tier. Has also played 3 times for Italy so we may have another international on our books.

Same one. Nicknamed "The Assassin" he is on a 2nd tier contract at the moment. He played for the Sharks a few years back. He spent a couple of years in England. He came home for family reasons last year. He is looking for an opportunity.

Kilkenny

Coach
Same one. Nicknamed "The Assassin" he is on a 2nd tier contract at the moment. He played for the Sharks a few years back. He spent a couple of years in England. He came home for family reasons last year. He is looking for an opportunity.

What about Sam McGregor do we know anything of his background.

Might be a cause for some concern if McGregor has a nickname of the ‘Eliminator’ or something similar.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal

McGregor played for St Marys last year. He is a 2nd rower