What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
no, Matterson is more likely to break the line....

for 2020:

Yeo averaged per game 8.75 m per run / 1.7 tackle breaks (at 16 runs / 140 m )

Matterson averaged per 9.6 m per run / 2 TB ( 13 runs / 125 m)

Matterson is more productive

Additionally in 2019 where Matterson played more games are lock he averaged 1.5 TB 9.35 m per run. So better stats playing edge.

Finally why wouId you want to move Matterson to the middle? I rather he uses less energy defending which he will have to do more off in the middle. And save that energy to use his skill set for attacking...

Ditto for Lane.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep. Nobody attacks better in the middle, because there are more defenders filling the space and none of them are halfbacks. Yeo has a solid running game but Kikau and Martin are genuine tackle breakers, which is why they're on the edges.

The only forwards who are better in the middle are ones with a high defensive work rate, because their work rate is somewhat wasted on the edge. Luckily for us, Matterson gets plenty of work because our right edge is heavily targeted.

The other reason to put a dangerous attacking forward in the middle (rather than out wide) is because he is huge and cumbersome and fullbacks and halves would have a field day against him one-on-one, like when they tried to make Taumalolo an edge forward early in his career.

Cam Murray is the best attacking forward behind Kikau imo. He plays 13.

parra pete

Referee
Managers drop a 'hint' as to Clubs chasing a player....Nek minit..Panic sets in..people start necking themselves.
I trust Mark O'Neill's judgement and negotiating..
Hasn't done too badly in strengthening the squad.
Worry about 2021....its happening NOW

Gronk

Staff member
I wasn’t overly impressed with Lussick in the trial. For someone who ran from dummy half so frequently he didn’t make many breaks.

Agree i thought he was average.

He's better than stone, and prolly plays most his role better than Smith. Hopefully Roache is the full package.

Latest posts