What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test India v England at Ahmedabad, Feb 24-28 2021

Bazal

Post Whore
A replay of Jonny Bairstow taking that review

tenor.gif

TheParraboy

Staff member
Root may be in some trouble here with his hand

Or

Just killing some time so India get penalised for slow over rates?

I can't fathom what he was thinking? I don't think he thought he hit, it didn't look like he reacted that way. Looked more like he looked back at his leg stump and decided it was missing? Lol

He was dead certain which makes it even more laughable. Like my 11 year old adamant he wasn’t plumb lol.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Im never gonna complain about walking up the many steep steps at Bankwest Stadium after seeing the size of the stands in this stadium, particularly either side of the deck

Eelectrica

Referee
When I last checked the score the were down. Now not much more than an hour later, 8 down. Wow.
Good toss to lose then for India. Unless Broad and Anderson can do unto others.

undertaker

Coach
When I last checked the score the were down. Now not much more than an hour later, 8 down. Wow.
Good toss to lose then for India. Unless Broad and Anderson can do unto others.

Yep, the Indian spinners wreaking havoc like they did at the dustbowl in Chennai (first time I've seen spinners dominate in a pink ball test match)

Assuming England bowls in the night session, they will be desperately hoping there ain't any heavy dew on the ground, as that will nullify any potential swing/seam movement for Anderson/Broad/Archer.

undertaker

Coach
England only scoring 7 runs in the last 9 overs. Axar and Ashwin have got the Poms by the balls!

Broad/Foakes can't afford to get caught in such a rut and go into extreme defensive mode so early on day 1 in a test match, considering they must win this test to keep their WTC final qualification hopes alive.

undertaker

Coach
England 9/105. Axar gets another 5-fer.

Broad defending most of his 29 ball innings (for scoring just 3 runs) was completely counter-productive and did absolutely nothing.

Old saying says you don’t know who’s in front til both teams bat.

Anderson n broad hooping the pink ball a mile.

That said... the stokes “catch”... blatantly hit the turf, and I can’t fathom why England are remonstrating about it...

undertaker

Coach
That said... the stokes “catch”... blatantly hit the turf, and I can’t fathom why England are remonstrating about it...

Yeah, I dunno why the Poms are still whinging about it.

Gavaskar is correct: ball hit the turf and completely separated from Stokes' left hand (before he regathered it in his right hand), which is clear evidence to overturn the on-field "soft signal" from the umpire.

Latest posts