What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

stryker

First Grade
Reynolds is a very one dimensional halfback, all he does is kick and manage, admittedly both extremely well. However he doesn’t take the line on or set up his outside men. He has also been fortunate enough to have these players in his spine:

1. Inglis/Latrell
6. Keary/Walker
9. Luke/cook

Not to mention the multitude of rep forwards infront if him

Meanwhile Brooks has had the likes of Lolohea, Mbye, Anasta, McIllwrick, Godinet

Jock Madden plays an extremely similar way to Reynolds, I’d rather give him a go for a tenth of the price then a 31 year old who’s had a terrible injury run over the years
It would be a nice change to have a halfback who can kick and manage. Been a decade since we had one.

Reynolds is a very one dimensional halfback, all he does is kick and manage, admittedly both extremely well. However he doesn’t take the line on or set up his outside men. He has also been fortunate enough to have these players in his spine:

1. Inglis/Latrell
6. Keary/Walker
9. Luke/cook

Not to mention the multitude of rep forwards infront if him

Meanwhile Brooks has had the likes of Lolohea, Mbye, Anasta, McIllwrick, Godinet

Jock Madden plays an extremely similar way to Reynolds, I’d rather give him a go for a tenth of the price then a 31 year old who’s had a terrible injury run over the years
Reynolds being injured a lot is just a myth.

Vozzy

Juniors
From what I've heard of people who have watched Edene Gebbie reckon he is a gun and just needs a good opportunity and patience. He seems like he is in the same mould of Sivo/Semi/Olam who all started off raw.

Also on a podcast with Billy Walters he said Jock Madden is pound for pound the strongest in the team. He also gave wraps to Stefano, Musgrove and Fitzgibbon.

Despite not having star players the squad to me seems fresh. There isn't much past baggage. They may not make the 8 but I feel like the current players are all on board with Madge. They look really fit especially the forwards. I think they can build towards success. The round 1 team seems like it will be full of young talent. They may not gel round 1 but I'm more excited this year then last year. The forwards are massive and the backs are quick seems like its been the opposite the last 10 years.

From what I've heard of people who have watched Edene Gebbie reckon he is a gun and just needs a good opportunity and patience. He seems like he is in the same mould of Sivo/Semi/Olam who all started off raw.

Also on a podcast with Billy Walters he said Jock Madden is pound for pound the strongest in the team. He also gave wraps to Stefano, Musgrove and Fitzgibbon.

Despite not having star players the squad to me seems fresh. There isn't much past baggage. They may not make the 8 but I feel like the current players are all on board with Madge. They look really fit especially the forwards. I think they can build towards success. The round 1 team seems like it will be full of young talent. They may not gel round 1 but I'm more excited this year then last year. The forwards are massive and the backs are quick seems like its been the opposite the last 10 years.

It’s pretty much the foundation side for future success. A few tweaks, but the fundamentals are present.

We need to get their heads right though. Everyone on board.

I’ve been watching the game for a long time and used to play. You can make an extraordinary defensive impact quite legally and without any nonsense.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s pretty much the foundation side for future success. A few tweaks, but the fundamentals are present.

We need to get their heads right though. Everyone on board.

I’ve been watching the game for a long time and used to play. You can make an extraordinary defensive impact quite legally and without any nonsense.
You'll probably make a better statement if you take on JWH and the like and knock them flat on there arses:p:cool::mad:

gordsy

Juniors
And he wins the tight games one after another with his kicking under max pressure
And he’s the real deal as a leader that we desperately need.
Who is the runner if we sign Reynolds and / or if Madden develops as the wraps say he will who is the running foil for him ?

WA Tiger

Bench
All I know is this thing could easily explode for us in this second trial..It could also turn to shit..

Nofo will love playing with The Jet AND BJ..
Nofo and BJ will be excited to be playing with a player that likely has more impact on a game than iether of them..The Jet hopefully feels good, and less pressure at WT.

Laurie and Kapaoa will hopfully lift playing with not maybe but definitely the highest quality players in those 3. I’d like to see Kapaoa with a bit more confidence. Theres something about that boy. Madge may be on to it.

Reynolds will fit in there somewhere

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
I don’t know what that phrase means
Yeah fair enough, from what I have read Madden has been described as an organising half, (to me that means pass first run second) now if we keep Brooks does he become the running half and if we punt Brooks do we have AD as the running foil to Madden's organsing.

And given that a lot of clubs play one half on one side of the field does that mean Madden would organise say the left side of the field and if the ball went out to say brooks on the right hand side of the field would that mean predominantly running play only on that side ?

Latest posts