What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

DtotheE

Juniors
Celebrating the 24th birthday of the Adelaide Rams
Completely different jersey to the Rams.... completely different, just because it is red and blue doesn’t make it a rams jersey.... like the away jersey of this design was compared to the roosters, completely different jersey... it’s like saying the roosters and tigers are the same because they are both v’s or manly and Brisbane are the same because they are both maroon horizontal stripes!

DtotheE

Juniors
So many clear differences, red to the bottom, straight lines not curves, red sleeves....

same colours does not mean same jersey!

Attachments

• 317F184D-E586-4499-BF6E-DE888DD48E2E.jpeg
    317F184D-E586-4499-BF6E-DE888DD48E2E.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ABE403BA-DA25-48D9-B24B-9057AEF62964.jpeg
    ABE403BA-DA25-48D9-B24B-9057AEF62964.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 7

toomuchsoup

Juniors
No no no the stripes have been done to death and then more... the stripes have been done and done, stick with our current jersey like the dragons and roosters have stuck with theirs.... have the other designs for the other events like WIL 9’s Anzac Indigenous or Heritage and change away jerseys if need be, but stick with the current home forever... but please can we have the horizontal red panels wrap around the back... the Knights country regional teams have the red panels wrap around the back and use yellow numbers! White numbers are fine but please can we get some pressure on the knights to get the red panels to wrap around the back as it was in the original design and then stick with that jersey for a home for the next 100 years like the Dragons, roosters and South’s....

And please forget about the bloody stripes!
Strongly disagree. I think they should return to the vertical stripes and stick with them. When I think of the Knights I think of that jersey. It’s a unique style in the comp

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Knights have released a heritage jersey.

Proudly celebrating the 20th anniversary of their 2001 Premiership with this jersey, displaying 2 stars above Knights logo representing premierships in 1997 & 2001.

1310-949.jpg
1311-949.jpg

love it!!!!

I assume I am one of the very few, but this is my favourite Knights jumper.

It goes heavier on the red than any other we have had and it always brings back memories of 2001

Perth Red

Post Whore
Completely different jersey to the Rams.... completely different, just because it is red and blue doesn’t make it a rams jersey.... like the away jersey of this design was compared to the roosters, completely different jersey... it’s like saying the roosters and tigers are the same because they are both v’s or manly and Brisbane are the same because they are both maroon horizontal stripes!

i wouldnt say completely different t lol, maybe 30% different.

MugaB

Coach
I don’t remember the NRL badge in the middle of the chest. Is this some kind of NRL preseason adaptation of the Super League jersey?
Geez the rams had all there badges backwards, NRL crest in the middle, ram logo on the right side, sponsor on the left where the rams should be, wanted to be unique, but then go and copy and paste a knights jersey from 2001, seriously whats up with them :grin:

GAZF

First Grade
It's almost like that O'Neill's template was made for the Knights jersey. The sleeve cut works very well with the design.

MugaB

Coach
This place is full of absolute idiots :thermometer_face:

I forgot this is the place that hates on any jersey any club comes up with....
I like the rams jersey, and the colors too, seems like after they folded in there 2 year stint, knights used a similar design.
Current knights jersey is amazing, i just wished that the NIB wasn't in a huge green box, and the yellow numbers returned, that '88 design was flawless,
I watched a game on foxleague last night in 1994 raiders v knights, that jersey popped, one of the most iconic RL by far
l_1994 series 1 card0104.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
I don’t remember the NRL badge in the middle of the chest. Is this some kind of NRL preseason adaptation of the Super League jersey?
Would have been a quick cut and paste over some (left over/early?) 97 jerseys, also funny to note the Rams were the only team to have a logo on chest, only for the early rounds tho, until all teams were patched with the comp logo.

Attachments

• images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 27

Frailty

First Grade
Would have been a quick cut and paste over some (left over/early?) 97 jerseys, also funny to note the Rams were the only team to have a logo on chest, only for the early rounds tho, until all teams were patched with the comp logo.

Because outside of the Rams and Mariners, the ARL owned the rights to the clubs logos. Rams and Mariners also didn’t have the logo on their jerseys for long in 1997.

On another note, from an Instagram story, the grips on the Sharks home jersey appear to be in the shape of the Sharks logo:
upload_2021-2-25_17-13-11.jpeg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1998?

I can't find any teams without a logo on their chest in Round 1 - maybe Canterbury against Canberra?

kdalymc

Bench
Mariners also didn’t have the logo on their jerseys for long in 1997.
Don't think they did at all? Happy to see a pic..

I've asked the question a few times on here with no answer but unsure when all teams were given the comp badge, here is an early game of Adelaide v Hunter and only the rams have a team badge.images (4).jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts