What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Some guys are slow burns while other guys just exceed expectations and develop quickly.
He is one I am keen to follow this year to see how he progresses.

Yep no doubt.

I am not making a call on Turuva either way I just dont think it takes a full season of NSW cup for an outside back to prove they are ready for the NRL. If he is playing well he will come into contention if we happen to get some injuries in the backs i think. Turuva in particular looks pretty developed physically for an 18 year old.

betcats

Referee
Matterson would struggle to get on our bench at full strength. He is a good player but I prefer Kikau, Martin and Capewell, hard runnin guys who like the phsyical stuff.

Matterson is no Wade Graham, they might have similar skillsets but they do no play the same, Wade is a tough merkin he doesnt have a soft streak like Matterson.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep no doubt.

I am not making a call on Turuva either way I just dont think it takes a full season of NSW cup for an outside back to prove they are ready for the NRL. If he is playing well he will come into contention if we happen to get some injuries in the backs i think. Turuva in particular looks pretty developed physically for an 18 year old.

He’s very nuggety in stature, not your lean athletic looking fullbacks (I understand his debut in the NRL will be on the wing) in the Tommy Turbo, Tedesco or our own Dylan Edwards mould. He has an entirely different body shape. I’ve only ever seen him at fullback in Ball and last weekend in the trial. My opinion only I just think 12 months playing against the men will do him the world of good. Certainly doesn’t lack in the organisation or communication department you could hear him calling out our defensive line last week, directing our defence. If he gets a debut this season that can only mean one of two things, he is absolutely outstanding and demands selection or we have had a run of injuries to our front line choices which obviously we don’t want.

betcats

Referee
He’s very nuggety in stature, not your lean athletic looking fullbacks (I understand his debut in the NRL will be on the wing) in the Tommy Turbo, Tedesco or our own Dylan Edwards mould. He has an entirely different body shape. I’ve only ever seen him at fullback in Ball and last weekend in the trial. My opinion only I just think 12 months playing against the men will do him the world of good. Certainly doesn’t lack in the organisation or communication department you could hear him calling out our defensive line last week, directing our defence. If he gets a debut this season that can only mean one of two things, he is absolutely outstanding and demands selection or we have had a run of injuries to our front line choices which obviously we don’t want.

I agree the more cup he plays the better. 18 is old enough for the top talents to be playing against men.

I think if he’s really going outstanding in cup they will look to get him a game off the bench or maybe rest one of our backs later in the season depending on how we are going also.

All I’m saying in regards to the trial is it’s not really enough to show if he could step up or not this year. After a few rounds of cup when he has adjusted to the speed and how physical it is I think we will a better idea of how far off the nrl he is.

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree the more cup he plays the better. 18 is old enough for the top talents to be playing against men.

I think if he’s really going outstanding in cup they will look to get him a game off the bench or maybe rest one of our backs later in the season depending on how we are going also.

All I’m saying in regards to the trial is it’s not really enough to show if he could step up or not this year. After a few rounds of cup when he has adjusted to the speed and how physical it is I think we will a better idea of how far off the nrl he is.

Entirely possible, so many things can happen during the course of a tough NRL season.

I think we shouldn’t put the cart before the horse, he needs to demonstrate that he is something well above average, so it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Blade23

Juniors
@Blade23 any idea which players will be elevated into the first grade side?

We are still chasing a prop that will impact how many get elevated. They might pick one up within the next week. Not a done deal yet though. If we get him he will need a release first. Don't expect a big name.

I know of at least 2 players getting promoted. Nothing is official yet and I am reluctant to say who until they have been told ;)
One is not a big surprise though.

Kilkenny

Coach
We are still chasing a prop that will impact how many get elevated. They might pick one up within the next week. Not a done deal yet though. If we get him he will need a release first. Don't expect a big name.

I know of at least 2 players getting promoted. Nothing is official yet and I am reluctant to say who until they have been told ;)

I think at this late stage, we could not expect a big name. Still given we are light on in the front row I think any addition can only assist the cause.

Jane Murray

Bench

Can you say who the released, potentially, prop is?

Kilkenny

Coach
Can you say who the released, potentially, prop is?

Jane, patience is a virtue.

We are all looking forward to the final make-up of our roster, it has been a rather long time coming, in the overall scheme of things the remaining roster spots will most likely be inconsequential involving players unlikely to figure in too many games this season, if any.

Jane Murray

Bench
Jane, patience is a virtue.

We are all looking forward to the final make-up of our roster, it has been a rather long time coming, in the overall scheme of things the remaining roster spots will most likely be inconsequential involving players unlikely to figure in too many games this season, if any.
Been patient for a while. Luia still hasn't signed on.

betcats

Referee
Been patient for a while. Luia still hasn't signed on.

He is not going anywhere Jane. Jerome posts a lot on Instagram like every day and all he does outside of training and time with his family is hang out with Bizza, and critta and all those mt druitt boys in our side. Turuva is popping up a lot now also, hanging out in cafes and shops and shit like that, those guys seem to always be together.

Jane Murray

Bench
He is not going anywhere Jane. Jerome posts a lot on Instagram like every day and all he does outside of training and time with his family is hang out with Bizza, and critta and all those mt druitt boys in our side. Turuva is popping up a lot now also, hanging out in cafes and shops and shit like that, those guys seem to always be together.

I don't have Twitter.

It just paperwork, loose ends, means nothing, for all we know he probably signed on the dotted line weeks ago, the club is just spending out announcements for marketing purposes.

Still there are a lot of vacant spots though. Most clubs have theirs all full now.

panthersam

Juniors
Still there are a lot of vacant spots though. Most clubs have theirs all full now.

Again this just seems to be creating worry when there is nothing to worry about. Whoever fills those spots will barely affect the make up of our team, and should affect our performances on the field nil at this point. Whoever needs to be training with each other would have been for at least a month or so now (or whenever Momo was signed) and by all reports he fit in like a duck to water.

Jane Murray

Bench
Again this just seems to be creating worry when there is nothing to worry about. Whoever fills those spots will barely affect the make up of our team, and should affect our performances on the field nil at this point. Whoever needs to be training with each other would have been for at least a month or so now (or whenever Momo was signed) and by all reports he fit in like a duck to water.
Good point.

panthersam

Juniors
Good point.

The culture for lack of a better word at the club seems to be at an all time high right now and I find it hard to see many things being able to change or break that, these boys just seem so invested in each other and invested in being successful which is going to be very exciting for us come game day this season! Two weeks to go!

franklin2323

Immortal

Ahh yep. Surprised Hopgood hasn't already been announced

maple_69

Bench
Probably clutching at straws but my guess is Whitbread from the Tits. Not in their starting 17, only contracted one more year and perhaps they need to find a whisker of space for a big signing...

Latest posts