What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd T20: New Zealand v Australia at Dunedin Feb 25th 2021

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Much closer than it should have been, but that's the nature of T20.

No harm done, sometimes it's nice to see the minnows jump up and bite the big dog on the ass, but glad it didn't cost us in the end.

Bazal

Post Whore
We win that game if at least one of Finch, Marsh or Agar were even the slightest bit decent.

End of the day we didn't even need decent from them. Pretty much just one more run each.

That said I don't think Marsh is the problem in white ball cricket. If anything I think he came in too late judging from the card?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
End of the day we didn't even need decent from them. Pretty much just one more run each.

That said I don't think Marsh is the problem in white ball cricket. If anything I think he came in too late judging from the card?
He came in @ 7, some more elite stupidity from the so called brains trust.

JohnDoe

Juniors
that was some rubbish death bowling from the black caps bowling. Jamieson is not a T20 bowler, and Southee bowls to much variations at the death needs to focus on bowling yorkers. Ferguson & Milne in for those two at the World Cup.

shiznit

Coach
Can we get some commentators that are actually at the ground? Twice this over Guha has called it 6 when it's been caught on the ropes...

believe me... if the commentary was anything like the first game you don’t want to hear the merkins at the ground either...

Meth

Staff member
Don’t watch T20 at all so may have missed something. But just looked at the card and saw that Agar was batting at 6, ahead of Marsh and Sams (who I don’t know, but he seemed to go well)

Is that normal? I remember him hitting 98 once but haven’t ever thought of him as a batting allrounder

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Don’t watch T20 at all so may have missed something. But just looked at the card and saw that Agar was batting at 6, ahead of Marsh and Sams (who I don’t know, but he seemed to go well)

Is that normal? I remember him hitting 98 once but haven’t ever thought of him as a batting allrounder

It's not normal for bald people like Agar to even be allowed in public bro let alone bat at number 6

JJ

Immortal

Apparently Sams debuted in first class cricket for Canterbury?

we missed Ferguson big time, but that aside pretty decent imo...

jargan83

Coach
1. Josh Phillipe
2. Matt Wade (Could open with Stoinis)
3. Marcus Stoinis
4. Mitch Marsh
5. Ben McDermott/Ashton Turner
6. Ashton Agar
7. Daniel Sams
8. Jhye Richardson
9. Riley Meredith
10. Jason Behrendorf
11. Tanveer Sangha

Aaron Finch, Glenn Maxwell and Kane Richardson are donkeys.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Pretty close contest in the end

Sams hits a 6 off that full toss off the first ball of the last over, Aussies likely win it easily

Well done kiwis 2-0 up

Not really fussed at this stage. Though a 5-0, or 4-1 kiwis series win will be deflating.

Bigger picture is we are missing at least 4 automatic selections , possibly 5 and it’s a good fact finding mission to see who steps up and wants to be in the World Cup