What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
I also see this as falling into the same thinking that at no point could it have been done respectfully or with dignity to anyone looking at it with an emotional attachment to Sauce.

It happens halfway through the year and it can be seen as disrespectful for putting it on Josh’s plate during his most promising season in a long while.

It happens when it did and it’s seen as it has been already.

It happens a month after the grand final and it’s disrespectful to Josh for restricting his chances at finding longer term security for him and his family.

It doesn’t happen until next year and it’s an amplified version of the above.

Yep given the circumstances it was the best time

Kilkenny

Coach
I also see this as falling into the same thinking that at no point could it have been done respectfully or with dignity to anyone looking at it with an emotional attachment to Sauce.

It happens halfway through the year and it can be seen as disrespectful for putting it on Josh’s plate during his most promising season in a long while.

It happens when it did and it’s seen as it has been already.

It happens a month after the grand final and it’s disrespectful to Josh for restricting his chances at finding longer term security for him and his family.

It doesn’t happen until next year and it’s an amplified version of the above.

I will forever remember Josh Mansour as one of my favourite Panthers of all time.

Such a great person, great player, great clubman just a truly special person.

He deserved better, not so much by the club they had to make business decisions, just by the fans on here and sadly as it turns out his loyalty has not been repaid, just discarded as ‘irrelevant’. As Jane said so eloquently, ‘we are better off without him’ and that I suggest says it all really. A club legend no more.

Jane Murray

Bench
I will forever remember Josh Mansour as one of my favourite Panthers of all time.

He deserved better, not so much by the club they had to make business decisions, just by the fans on here and sadly as it turns out his loyalty has not been repaid, just discarded as ‘irrelevant’. As Jane said so eloquently, ‘we are better off without him’ and that I suggest says it all really. A club legend no more.
Mansour is gone, and he was great for a dropsie or two. He is ageing, and he is replaced by a younger player. Get over it.

panthersam

Juniors

I’m not denying any of the highlighted above, but I’m also more invested in looking to our future. I also probably think that Josh would have more support like yours over the broad Panthers fan base that isn’t just limited to these forums.

panthersam

Juniors
I wonder when these forums will be renamed from ‘Penrith Panthers’ to ‘Josh Mansour’ :joy: BRING ON ROUND 1 HAHA

Thankfully, such “eloquent” thoughts aren’t shared by the vast majority of Panthers fans.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I'm sure we've been through all of this before.
The last few pages should have been all written in the "former panthers" thread, im with jane on this one, if it had been Benji or a key position like whats happened with adam reynolds at the bunnies this past week, I'd agree, but josh felt that if he wasn't going to be 1st choice, then he was better off leaving, i expected him to prove them wrong by starting in reserves and killing it, then coming back in this season via a possible injury to either Staines or To'o.
The team carried him in 2020, he is lacking speed and the finishing touches for an expensive winger, he is a great player, but not worth the money he is on when only being a winger, had he learnt to shift to centre or be more flexible about starting in reserve grade.
Maybe I'd have some sympathy for the situation, he got a great deal to continue as he is at the bunnies, and hope for the best for him, we have a core of young players for the next 3-4 years, we cant be carrying "experienced" wingers.
Now props on the other hand that i can stomach "experience", i would have loved for Tamou to stay his final year, plus as Tetevano ended up taking the contract to the ESL, probably would have Jimmy Extended longer to maybe finish his career here..... ahhhh hindsight would be a wonderful gift for matt cameron

WestyLife

First Grade

I’m not denying any of the highlighted above, but I’m also more invested in looking to our future. I also probably think that Josh would have more support like yours over the broad Panthers fan base that isn’t just limited to these forums.

Yep one fan on LU does not a supporter base make.

My own video on it>

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep one fan on LU does not a supporter base make.

My own video on it>

I have not heard one person say bad things about Mansour. Other than the fact his time has come.

Assuming the trial sides are going to be the round 1 sides ( which they usually are at this stage) then as I predicted Mansour doesn't start for Souths.

Exactly where a few of us have been saying he should be at this stage of his career. No disrespect just reality

WestyLife

First Grade
I have not heard one person say bad things about Mansour. Other than the fact his time has come.

Assuming the trial sides are going to be the round 1 sides ( which they usually are at this stage) then as I predicted Mansour doesn't start for Souths.

Exactly where a few of us have been saying he should be at this stage of his career. No disrespect just reality

Smart play by Bennett. Got some NRL or near nrl quality depth for reasonable $$$.