What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test India v England at Ahmedabad, Feb 24-28 2021

undertaker

Coach
Imagine:

- playing in your 100th test and potentially not getting a bowl throughout an entire innings
- being one of the best bowlers in test cricket, and potentially not getting a bowl throughout an entire innings, or
- being picked as a bowler in the team (batting at #8), and potentially not getting a bowl throughout the entire match?

I wonder how Sharma, Bumrah and Sundar are feeling right now?

undertaker

Coach
As much as I have doubts whether it will happen, I would love to see England score at least another 70 runs with a 100+ run lead.

undertaker

Coach
Cue to Nathan Lyon after Ashwin's wicket of Ollie Pope: learn how to bowl a straight ball instead of the one-dimensional off-break ball pitched a foot or so outside of off-stump that was constantly dished up during the last test series vs India.

undertaker

Coach
Just remembered that the last test (starting on March 4) is also played at this stadium (albeit a red ball test)

Assuming India wins this one, it's going to be very interesting to see what pitch gets dished up for next week's test, especially since India needs to win the test series to advance through to the WTC final.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if a high-scoring road (designed to last 5 days) was produced for the final test. BCCI won't want to run the risk of giving either England's fast or spin bowlers an opportunity to take 20 wickets.

undertaker

Coach
49 runs to win.

Realistically, England needed a 100+ run lead to give Leach/Root an opportunity to put India under pressure.

Last edited:

Latest posts