What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
97 ya f**kwit
Asked a question based on what I knew, no need to be abusive about it.

(even so, reviewing footage of 1997, every club had an SL logo on their jumper, and only Adelaide and the Mariners had their logos on their upper chest?)

kdalymc

Bench
Asked a question based on what I knew, no need to be abusive about it.

(even so, reviewing footage of 1997, every club had an SL logo on their jumper, and only Adelaide and the Mariners had their logos on their upper chest?)
Nope.

GAZF

First Grade
Don't think they did at all? Happy to see a pic..

I've asked the question a few times on here with no answer but unsure when all teams were given the comp badge, here is an early game of Adelaide v Hunter and only the rams have a team badge.View attachment 46178
If I remember correctly, the Mariners logo was a violation of the broadcast code (too hot for TV), and was banned for all FTA broadcast games. News Ltd lobbied to have the code amended for the season proper. Not sure what the outcome was.

flippikat

Bench
Knights have released a heritage jersey.

Proudly celebrating the 20th anniversary of their 2001 Premiership with this jersey, displaying 2 stars above Knights logo representing premierships in 1997 & 2001.

1310-949.jpg
1311-949.jpg

Oh, they just HAVE to wear that against Parra this year, just to troll & trigger the opposition fans.... yeah?

Like how they wore the orange mining shirt against the Tigers so often.

Newcastle are great for alpha-Jersey selection. ;)

yakstorm

First Grade
I don’t remember the NRL badge in the middle of the chest. Is this some kind of NRL preseason adaptation of the Super League jersey?

It was most likely something like that. They took another team photo before the actual start of the season for the Daily Telegraph and it was all fixed by then.

l_1998%20daily%20telegraph%20team%20card%20201407130001%20(14).jpg

Don't think they did at all? Happy to see a pic..

I've asked the question a few times on here with no answer but unsure when all teams were given the comp badge, here is an early game of Adelaide v Hunter and only the rams have a team badge.View attachment 46178

Teams started added the competition badges shortly after the first round of the Visa World Club Challenge was completed (so late June / early July). Warriors appear to be the first team to have it added, although it's a bit crazy how many variations of jerseys teams had that year.

Canterbury for example, had 3 different implementations of 'Canterbury Leagues' on their jersey over the year.

Canterbury Leagues - In a Box:
jason-hetherington-canterbury-bulldogs-14-july-1997-HXX98G.jpg

Just Text:
daryl-halligan-canterbury-bulldogs-rlfc-22-july-1997-HXX9BA.jpg

Nicely integrated:
5f29205e749de7e650ea3b3ab247494a

When you look through the photos, there are quite a number of other clubs which just had changes made during the season like the above.

GAZF

First Grade
The old NSWRL logo always looked like someone had kissed the top of the logo. Now it straight up looks like a Sherrin.

And the maroon part of the origin logo (on black) needed to be lighter.

sempmrh

Juniors
Big fan of the new Blues logo. If only the Brydens Lawyers logo would look like that on the jersey, too. Who knows, though - maybe it actually will?

The Maroons jersey looks good, too. I think a white collar would have completed the look but otherwise it’s very clean. A little surprised by the Origin logo on the jersey - I would have thought at least the Ampol logo would have been on it.

yakstorm

First Grade
Maroons Puma 2021 Jersey
View attachment 46188

It's a very Queensland kit, simple predominantly Maroon design with a bit of white on the sleeves. Outside of the collar being different, it is pretty much the 2020 design again.

For me, the only complaints are:
  • Wish they used a white keyline / border for the Origin logo, firstly so you could see it and secondly to balance it with the Maroons logo
  • Wish AusBank didn't suddenly add a strange box outline on their logo
But other than those small items a real positive start by Puma. Hopefully their 'Blues' kit uses the same template.

Latest posts