What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2021

BLM01

First Grade
This would have been a good opportunity to give Blacker another run, he showed some good signs in the earlier trials. We need to develop him quickly and get him in the 17, you don't want a big, strong 116kg prop being wasted in CC, at 21 years old he should be a regular very soon. He's got to be a better option than Ellis whose only good performance for us so far was last week against reserve graders like himself.
I'd say Blacker was rested for this as he has a 3? or 4 week holiday on the sidelines. He aint going to feature in 1st grade anyway for sometime.

getsmarty

Immortal
Stars turn out for trials as Hook weighs up half options
Author
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 24 Feb 2021, 02:15 PM
walshdan-head.png

Share on social media
Corey Norman will line up for the Dragons in Saturday's Charity Shield as he prepares to appeal his NRL breach notice as several premiership heavyweights name full-strength trial squads.

Dragons coach Anthony Griffin will take 24 players to Mudgee for the annual clash with South Sydney, including Norman and fellow halves Adam Clune and Jayden Sullivan.

Hunt will captain the side for the first time as the club prepares to appeal Norman's two-match ban (one game suspended) and $20,000 fine for his part in a streetfight that also involved James Segeyaro.

The NRL is yet to receive a formal appeal from Norman and the Dragons, but the club is preparing to submit one in coming days. Regardless, he is free to play in the Charity Shield as his proposed suspension applies to NRL fixtures.

If Norman's ban is upheld Griffin will most likely look to Clune to replace him for their March 14 season opener, though youngster Sullivan is also highly rated at the joint-venture.

remote.axd

Hunt surprised by captaincy

Hunt surprised by captaincy

The Rabbitohs will bring star recruits Jai Arrow, Josh Mansour and Benji Marshall off an extended bench for the clash, with Latrell Mitchell, Cody Walker, Adam Reynolds and Cameron Murray all named to start.

Coach Wayne Bennett has previously indicated a preference to play Murray at lock as Arrow works his way back to full fitness from a hamstring issue.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/02/24/stars-turn-out-for-trials-as-hook-weighs-up-half-options/

getsmarty

Immortal
20-210218_gt_09_202121819017.jpg

JERSEY FLEGG

Combined lower grade trial team named
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 25 Feb 2021, 10:33 AM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra will play a combined NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg pre-season trial on Saturday, February 27 at Sid Parrish Park (3pm)

St George Illawarra lower grades team: Pre-season trial v South Sydney –
1. Sitiveni Moceidreke
2. Sam McCann
3. Charly Runciman
4. Shaun Sauni-Esau
5. Ryan Papas
6. Tony Pellow
7. Zeik Foster
8. Eddie Blacker
9. Tyran Wishart
10. Luke Chalker
11. Matthew Delbanco
12. Hayden Lomax
13. Lachlan Peachey

Interchange:

14. Harris Georgopoulos
15. Blake Dowel
16. Hayden Budd
17. Ollie Parrish
18. Billy Brittain
19. Sam Hooper
20. Dallas Collins
21. Aaron Johnson
22. Kaylen Miller

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/02/25/combined-lower-grade-trial-team-named/

getsmarty

Immortal

boardlumps62

Juniors
Just turned on TV Foxtel 2015 Charity of Shield a Draw. A lot of recognisable names some ordinary players like George Rose too fat but a youthful Benji and Widdop. Strange how some players just never made it Rorey O'Brien. Hutcho and that huge Fijian Eto Nabuli. Now watching 2016 Kurt Mann and Damien Cook for Rabbits. Others Havilii still playing with Raiders. This is when we had such a shit coach. Go the Dragons

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Heading off soon to Mudgee to meet a few Saints fans.

Looks like we have a spare ticket in the grandstand.

Anyone interested, send me a PM.

This Year?

Immortal
I hope all the fans that are going have a great time. The ones like me that aren't will be envious of you getting to watch in such a beautiful backdrop. We are so lucky as fans that Mudgee has let us have a game there.
That sunset is a photographers dream.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Some captains run photos on IG.

Great photo of Ramsey flying high.
Tariq looking fit.
Faama enjoying his 1st CS
and....
Periera appearing to be training on the right wing.......mmmm

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
20-210218_gt_09_202121819017.jpg

JERSEY FLEGG

Combined lower grade trial team named
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 25 Feb 2021, 10:33 AM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra will play a combined NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg pre-season trial on Saturday, February 27 at Sid Parrish Park (3pm)

St George Illawarra lower grades team: Pre-season trial v South Sydney –
1. Sitiveni Moceidreke
2. Sam McCann
3. Charly Runciman
4. Shaun Sauni-Esau
5. Ryan Papas
6. Tony Pellow
7. Zeik Foster
8. Eddie Blacker
9. Tyran Wishart
10. Luke Chalker
11. Matthew Delbanco
12. Hayden Lomax
13. Lachlan Peachey

Interchange:

14. Harris Georgopoulos
15. Blake Dowel
16. Hayden Budd
17. Ollie Parrish
18. Billy Brittain
19. Sam Hooper
20. Dallas Collins
21. Aaron Johnson
22. Kaylen Miller

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/02/25/combined-lower-grade-trial-team-named/
Looks like Tyran has jumped the queue over BB. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Looks like Tyran has jumped the queue over BB. Will be interesting to see how he develops.
I saw this too... I thought Britain was injured? But then he is in the reserves for the game, while Wishart starts at 9...

Either Forbes is right, or they at least are interested enough to investigate if he might.

must admit, I liked him more (wishart not Forbes :flushed:)

possm

Coach
I saw this too... I thought Britain was injured? But then he is in the reserves for the game, while Wishart starts at 9...

Either Forbes is right, or they at least are interested enough to investigate if he might.

I'd like to see a Wishart / McCullough hooker rotation. Wishart can also play in the halves if injury strikes during a game.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors

Billy played in the trial last week
Did he get injured in that game...