What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee

First Grade
Thanks for that Stan.

I almost responded to DP that Billy was probably having a plate put in his arm as he did have a couple done as did Ian Walsh.

He was probably trying to give "Lurch" a gold old fashioned stiff arm.

Dennis Manteit always comes to mind when I think of Queenslanders making the touring teams.
I think the badly broken arm was from a John O’Neill spear tackle. The RLW had a great photo (except for the content) of Billy at about 10degrees off vertical heading to the ground.

Old Timer

Coach
Would we nominate Changa as a great player -> not so great coach ?
Richardson was a dual international at 5/8.

Met him once at a rugby match which had something to do with Bond University Qld

He played a couple of tests and gave way for Timmy Pickup.

Changa was a great coach of a pretty mediocre squad with a win rate of 59%

Slippery Morris

First Grade
One of the first pages I look at when I get on this is this one with the hope of hearing a new player being linked to the club but most of the threads are not that. I am also guilty of that. Any chance we can limit this thread to purely just rumours?

On Facebook, I saw a rumour that Saints were talking to Wiremu Greigg who played in the All Stars game. Came into the squad last minute after the Storm players pulled out. He looked solid in the game and maybe a good buy for the Dragons. He is a Cowboy's player who plays prop.

redVinme

Juniors
One of the first pages I look at when I get on this is this one with the hope of hearing a new player being linked to the club but most of the threads are not that. I am also guilty of that. Any chance we can limit this thread to purely just rumours?

On Facebook, I saw a rumour that Saints were talking to Wiremu Greigg who played in the All Stars game. Came into the squad last minute after the Storm players pulled out. He looked solid in the game and maybe a good buy for the Dragons. He is a Cowboy's player who plays prop.

Great to watch him. Seemed full of joy to be out there and a great haircut

LINESPEED

Juniors
I was at that game...
It was a disaster...
Felt so sorry for Chang...

Yeah I too was there -
a traumatic day.

I’d love to hear a rumour that Duff’s soon to 5/8 (where his speed, penetration & passing would be better utilised)

Worth a try -

I reckon he’s matured,& would be deadly inside the 20m

.. & Cody to f’back (wasted on the wing) once he’s settled in.

He’s very Changa-like - especially the lanky frame, metre step & acceleration.

If Duff spits the dummy then the position’s Sullivan’s

Chang was a regular at the Elouera coffee shop on the beach in his later years

He had the Jubilee Hill on a string

PS
Hook’s r’ship with Norman could end up being his Achilles heel
- especially if he fails to select ruthlessly on form

Last edited: