What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2021

mickeylane

Bench
Good for your team, and anyone in a tipping comp. You can bank those two points.
no, I think we will do the Sharks...today was a good wake-up call..i remember 2010 Bennet lost all 4 trials...we needed a baseline evaluation of where we are as a team and we got it! way behind the premiership favourites IMO The Rabbits...Griffin and co will make some wholesale changes...Rava will come in for sure as a minimum.. geez we need a big prop

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
I didn’t see the match how did Jack Bird go.

From what I saw he actually went alright, actually our backs in general aware more impressive than anything that was happening in the middle. Which isn't really saying a whole lot.

Won't be long and the Dragon touch will rub off on him and he will be playing as pathetically as all the rest.

Gareth67

First Grade
No injuries - good . Players have had a run against a quality side , but were found wanting as a team - most disappointing .

Has this flogging rammed home that they must improve and not return to their old ways - well if I were the coach I would be replaying this match (?) walkover to them every day until the beginning of the premiership proper .

Bad point - Captain Benny cannot afford to have a lousy game regardless if it is a trial or club match - a captain always performs, he is the example to the entire team .

One good thing to take out of the game is that they can only improve from here - how many of us will be saying to one another later in the season “ And to think that we all but wrote the boys off after losing the Charity Shield “ . :wink:

Dragon David

First Grade
In general, we were crap again. It was a trial and like all other teams some play blinders and others play dumb. In the first two trial games we played this year most of the players were juniors and hopefuls and we got done by other juniors and hopefuls in the Cronulla and Parramatta teams.

This trial against the Bunnies was always going to be a big win to them considering the class of players they have and even their reserve graders could mostly play first grade. Is there a salary crap (cap)?

I missed watching the first half but my Dragons supporter brother gave me a clue as to how we were going which made me wonder if I should watch the second half. I turned on Kayo and behold, we started to do something with the ball and we scored a couple after they started the rot. Then I realised that they had their reserve team on and when the camera panned to the Mitchells, Walkers, and co. on the sideline watching on, boy they looked like the premiers to me.

So in fairness, we came up against what is a very strong club in 2021 in Souths and in my opinion will be playing in the grand final. Yes, we need a massive improvement to win more games and that means being better defenders mainly as our attack is there.

I think we can do the Sharks in the first premiership game of 2021.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No injuries - good . Players have had a run against a quality side , but were found wanting as a team - most disappointing .

Has this flogging rammed home that they must improve and not return to their old ways - well if I were the coach I would be replaying this match (?) walkover to them every day until the beginning of the premiership proper .

Bad point - Captain Benny cannot afford to have a lousy game regardless if it is a trial or club match - a captain always performs, he is the example to the entire team .

One good thing to take out of the game is that they can only improve from here - how many of us will be saying to one another later in the season “ And to think that we all but wrote the boys off after losing the Charity Shield “ .
We will see more vs the Sharts, a team I doubt will make the 8. With the young inexperienced side we have we can't afford to drop games like that. I wouldn't say it is a must win but its pretty close. We won't be beating too many top 8 sides this year. I think we have to face the fact this is a rebuilding year.

kit66

Bench
Rava also got a bit lazy at the end though as he can tend to do.

Our forwards should be so lazy - Rava made 154 metres that's triple any of our forwards efforts except Lawrie ( but still more than double Lawries' ). He has to start ( he loves smashing Sharks ).

I'm yet to see the game but the highlights were ugly, the defence worse than last year, no cohesion at all just holes out wide left and right, embarrassing stuff. Still making lots of Errors and Possession 63% to our 37% gives you no hope. And why the hell was Kerr in the back row fmd has Hook been reading this forum or maybe he called Mary for some advice.

2 weeks to fix that sh*t up, I'm not confident even though we usually do well against the Sharkies.