What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2021

blacksafake

First Grade
Griffin farked himself for not recruiting anyone of note
I’m sure he’s tried but after the last 8 years we’ve become an unattractive club for players & managers.
Welch would have been a good signing but rejected us. Some of the others we were supposedly talking to such as Joe O, John Asiata wouldn’t have made too much of a difference. Even though it looks like we’re in for a long season we need to give Hook some time. IMO.

thebigredv

First Grade
The whole club is a joke.

The Dragons are in serious, serious trouble and I'm not just talking about the on-field results either. From a holistic perspective, the situation is f**king dire.

I guess it was bound to happen but we have become pretty much the worst team in the league in terms of being consistently and predictably woeful.

I haven't witnessed this in my life time as a Dragons fans. Sure, there's been a whole heap of heartbreak and a few lean seasons here or there but now we are just a farce.

Always took pride in our heart. Not anymore.

thebigredv

First Grade
Disappointing result tonight yes.......could it be a long season yes......is it the end of the world No......a bit of tweaking here and there and much better performances will come..........keep your powder dry everyone and reflect on the positives otherwise it will eat you up early

I don't think pretty much replacing every player from 10-17 could be referred to as a 'bit of tweak'. Tell me a player in the forwards that deserves to keep his position.

hewi

Bench
With the problems we have in the forwards would it be that silly to play Rav as a wide running second rower and let him smash a few more opposition players, he also has massive leg drive.

George Sancti

Juniors
Although we were comprehensively outplayed in all areas by a red hot Souths team, the game reinforced that five eight and the edge forwards appear as our most vulnerable weaknesses.

As far as five eight goes, we have options in Dufty, Clune, Bird or Sullivan. As far as our edge forwards are concerned, Tyrell Fuimaono would be my first selection and possibly Mikaele Ravalawa could be used until Tariq Sims regains form or another option becomes available.

Gareth67

First Grade
We will see more vs the Sharts, a team I doubt will make the 8. With the young inexperienced side we have we can't afford to drop games like that. I wouldn't say it is a must win but its pretty close. We won't be beating too many top 8 sides this year. I think we have to face the fact this is a rebuilding year.

This the 1st season under a new coach with totally different ideas , as such it was always going to be hard , but as you have said it is a season where we are building a team that has some resemblance to a decent side - it will undoubtedly not be pretty .

blacksafake

First Grade
Our forwards should be so lazy - Rava made 154 metres that's triple any of our forwards efforts except Lawrie ( but still more than double Lawries' ). He has to start ( he loves smashing Sharks ).

I'm yet to see the game but the highlights were ugly, the defence worse than last year, no cohesion at all just holes out wide left and right, embarrassing stuff. Still making lots of Errors and Possession 63% to our 37% gives you no hope. And why the hell was Kerr in the back row fmd has Hook been reading this forum or maybe he called Mary for some advice.

2 weeks to fix that sh*t up, I'm not confident even though we usually do well against the Sharkies.
Don’t bother watching it :rolling_eyes::weary:
Souths were red hot in the first half with what seemed like 80% possession & 100% completion & when players like Walker, Mitchell & Cook are getting that much ball on the front foot they’re unstoppable.
Still it looks like a long season coming up.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Our forwards should be so lazy - Rava made 154 metres that's triple any of our forwards efforts except Lawrie ( but still more than double Lawries' ). He has to start ( he loves smashing Sharks ).

I'm yet to see the game but the highlights were ugly, the defence worse than last year, no cohesion at all just holes out wide left and right, embarrassing stuff. Still making lots of Errors and Possession 63% to our 37% gives you no hope. And why the hell was Kerr in the back row fmd has Hook been reading this forum or maybe he called Mary for some advice.

2 weeks to fix that sh*t up, I'm not confident even though we usually do well against the Sharkies.
He didnt play huge minutes, and come on vs the reserves. Lomax played sublime in attack and put him and Ramsey down the sideline a few times. It's easy to rack up meters off a break he didn't do much damage coming out of trouble. I would definitely play him but Ramsey is ahead of him for me. He is in everything, reminds me of Lomax in that sense. Out of JP and Rava I think Rava won the spot. but still did let Dufty take a few runs he should have taken and was slow to get back onside. It was his first trial.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
8 years of MacGregor and people are panicking about Griffin after 3 trials.His here to build a team.He won't be looking after mates .He will be making changesHe has a big job is to improve our forwards.we are going nowhere until we win the ruck.Start whinging half way through the season.ps have any these forward's been introduce to being in zone

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
8 years of MacGregor and people are panicking about Griffin after 3 trials.His here to build a team.He won't be looking after mates .He will be making changesHe has a big job is to improve our forwards.we are going nowhere until we win the ruck
I guarantee the side he had locked in his mind will be doing a few rotations in him mind tonight.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I don't think pretty much replacing every player from 10-17 could be referred to as a 'bit of tweak'. Tell me a player in the forwards that deserves to keep his position.
I agree with you re our forwards they were poor...it can only be a bit of a tweak as we all know we havnt got the roster to replace every player from 10 to 17.....I could ask you name me the players you would replace them with

thebigredv

First Grade
I agree with you re our forwards they were poor...it can only be a bit of a tweak as we all know we havnt got the roster to replace every player from 10 to 17.....I could ask you name me the players you would replace them with

When you hang on to duds you end up in this position. A tweak won't stop teams like Souths toying with us all season. I've suggested players over the last year or so which would have fit the bill and could have replaced the likes of Frizell, Host and JDB. We've resorted to Ellis, Fuimoano, and Kerr who probably would go alright somewhere else but all play like they couldn't care less. Vaughan, Lawrie and Sims go missing in matches constantly.

Here's a list of players who we would have had the money to sign but purely didn't. Most would have been better than any forward we have:

Welch
Arrow
Ofahengaue
McGuire
Sue
Sorensen

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I’m sure he’s tried but after the last 8 years we’ve become an unattractive club for players & managers.
Welch would have been a good signing but rejected us. Some of the others we were supposedly talking to such as Joe O, John Asiata wouldn’t have made too much of a difference. Even though it looks like we’re in for a long season we need to give Hook some time. IMO.
Meanwhile the bulldogs...the team who came second last...hired the worst coach available in Barrett and signed up a shit load of quality players. And we’re making excuses as to why we can’t sign decent players?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
When you hang on to duds you end up in this position. A tweak won't stop teams like Souths toying with us all season. I've suggested players over the last year or so which would have fit the bill and could have replaced the likes of Frizell, Host and JDB. We've resorted to Ellis, Fuimoano, and Kerr who probably would go alright somewhere else but all play like they couldn't care less. Vaughan, Lawrie and Sims go missing in matches constantly.

Here's a list of players who we would have had the money to sign but purely didn't. Most would have been better than any forward we have:

Welch
Arrow
Ofahengaue
McGuire
Sue
Sorensen
I agree with you and I could add a few more to your list so you wont get an argument from me.... our recruitiment in the past 8 or 9 years has been pitiful.....but your quoting players that we havnt got....therefore whether we like it or not we have to do some tweaking with the players we have end of story

thebigredv

First Grade
I agree with you and I could add a few more to your list so you wont get an argument from me.... our recruitiment in the past 8 or 9 years has been pitiful.....but your quoting players that we havnt got....therefore whether we like it or not we have to do some tweaking with the players we have end of story

I'm sure there will be some continued changes as I doubt Hook will be too pleased with today. The forwards have to take the lion's share of accountability for this match and many others over the last few seasons. We have ended up so far behind the better clubs that making the 8 will be liking winning a gf for us if you know what I mean. One would hope we can't play that badly every week.

Latest posts