What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial versus Storm

Frederick

Staff member
Geez you must be fun at parties. Never blocked anyone on here but your insufferable attitude and comments have forced me to . Do me a favour and stay out of threads when the knights play.
You know, being a mod I didn't think I could put members on ignore, but there you go:
Screenshot_20210227_182836.jpg
Going to be a lot more enjoyable around here without having to read that insufferable merkins bullshit

Spot On

Coach
Power to you Freddo!!

Now if only you could put your insufferable NRL team on ignore...

You'd be a winner!!!

Volcom6685

Juniors
Anyways . Biggest positive out of the game . Brailey looks good still . Frizzel looked like a beast . And Dom Young definitely didn’t look out of place

Spot On

Coach
Frizell looked like our best prop and Young our best back.

Attack and kicking game looked best when Pearce went off.

Volcom6685

Juniors
Thing is, we've seen it all before mate. Nothing has changed and I'm not sure what can when we have the worst halfback in the league...
Yeah because trail form means everything . Remember when we looked like world beaters against the raiders . Than got the wooden spoon ?

Spot On

Coach
Thing is, we've seen it all before mate. Nothing has changed and I'm not sure what can when we have the worst halfback in the league...

It's cute how many supporters get upset over people discussing what they see when watching the same game.

I support my team every year but I can clearly see the problems the coach (and club) face with some of the highly paid players in the squad and lack of depth.

Call it as it is right now. Look at the players we have in key positions v the rest of the squads. Surely most peole know what we have and don't have.

Sure we can improve. Otherwise what the f**k are they doing as an organisation??? Dom looks like he can make the grade with a bit of work and we need a player like him in our backline - desperately.

Yeah it's a trial, yeah we're missing a few and we will be for a while.

We have a massive problem in our spine and backrow. And that is not going away.

We don't have the depth of many of the other squads. And that is not going away.

A few people have commented we have an easy first 6 weeks. I hope they are right.

Last edited:
Yeah because trail form means everything . Remember when we looked like world beaters against the raiders . Than got the wooden spoon ?
Sure but it's still a first grade side against another first grade side. Our team played exactly like they did last year and our halfback is the same he's been for 10 years. No surprise we looked ok when Pearce went off. He's a massive liability to the team and perhaps the biggest problem imo.

Spot On

Coach

I think he is also looking over our squad. Lose a couple of first graders and there's not much to replace them with.

That is pretty much a repeat of most seasons.

Spot On

Coach
Sure but it's still a first grade side against another first grade side. Our team played exactly like they did last year and our halfback is the same he's been for 10 years. No surprise we looked ok when Pearce went off. He's a massive liability to the team and perhaps the biggest problem imo.

I hope he can suddenly turn into a player that is worth a million a season in 12 days time and maintain that form for more than 6 of the 25 rounds but the reality is he is not a million dollar player, no where near it, lacks a footy brain and footy instincts and his one strength is that he can kick the ball 40+ metres on the fly.

Jerome Hughes is a makeshift halfback who shits on Pearce after a season in the position.

Yosh

Coach
Being a trial isn't an excuse. The problem is that we weren't a solid side and had a bad day. It's clear to everyone that every single problem we had in 2020 has just carried over.

I don't know how much influnce a halfback can have on a club but Pearce is stinking up the place hard. He needs to step down quickly and let the team play. He is holding back the whole side. So slow to get the ball and our whole attack stalls when he is out there making it a ton too predictable.

Crossland seemed to have been let loose when Pearce went off and played it as it came. Want to see more of that and I think a little more flair and less structure could see Ponga have more impact in games.

Watson wasn't fantastic but I could see his value out there. Crossland should keep his place but where does that out Mann?

Joel-22

Juniors
From that trial and last season, our strongest 17:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Starford To'a
3. Dom Young
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Phoenix Crossland
7. Blake Green
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey
10. David Klemmer
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Lachlan Fitzgibbon

What I'm seeing only from the first half is that we have the same old.
We have good players who can step or push up and we try to get the ball to them and expect them to pull something off.
We don't create anything for them though.
I reckon we need more work on how we approach attacking structure.

Being a trial isn't an excuse. The problem is that we weren't a solid side and had a bad day. It's clear to everyone that every single problem we had in 2020 has just carried over.

I don't know how much influnce a halfback can have on a club but Pearce is stinking up the place hard. He needs to step down quickly and let the team play. He is holding back the whole side. So slow to get the ball and our whole attack stalls when he is out there making it a ton too predictable.

Crossland seemed to have been let loose when Pearce went off and played it as it came. Want to see more of that and I think a little more flair and less structure could see Ponga have more impact in games.

Watson wasn't fantastic but I could see his value out there. Crossland should keep his place but where does that out Mann?
Great evaluation. My thoughts exactly.