What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial form cause for concern? Or just teething problems?

TruSaint

Referee
Will the Charity Shield team be announced today?

Dragons (squad): Daniel Alvaro, Jack Bird, Adam Clune, Matt Dufty, Kaide Ellis, Poasa Faamausili, Max Feagai, Jackson Ford, Tyrell Fuimaono, Ben Hunt, Jaiyden Hunt, Josh Kerr, Blake Lawrie, Zac Lomax, Andrew McCullough, Trent Merrin, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira, Cody Ramsey, Mikaele Ravalawa, Tariq Sims, Jayden Sullivan, Paul Vaughan, Brayden Wiliame.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/23/nrl-team-lists-week-3-trials-squad-announcements/

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Waiting for someone to question why Alvaro is playing fullback....

Coffs dragon

Bench
I posted this question a couple of weeks ago & got wildly criticised. But after tonight how do we all feel now? Our forwards are soft & I think there’s legitimate cause for concern.
We have the weakest & softest pack in the NRL plus the worst 5/8 in the comp. Our team has a monumental deficiency and will take 12 months to recruit and rebuild.

thebigredv

First Grade
I posted this question a couple of weeks ago & got wildly criticised. But after tonight how do we all feel now? Our forwards are soft & I think there’s legitimate cause for concern.

I was hoping Griffin could work some sort of miracle to get the pack dominating a little more than in the past. Not even winning, but just wanted us competing again up front. It looks like that hope was misplaced and I am genuinely worried about a spoon at this point in time.

Aside from not being able to stop the onslaught either, our wing-three quarters and fullback looked alright with ball in hand for the better part of today's match. Bird was good and he stayed fit.

Outscored by Souths second string side. I mean, our forwards deserve to walk home from Mudgee if they are fair dinkum. Early days indeed given the season hasn't even started, but I think we should all be making some room in our drawer below the cutlery over the next 6 months for a new utensil.

This Year?

Immortal
We have the weakest & softest pack in the NRL plus the worst 5/8 in the comp. Our team has a monumental deficiency and will take 12 months to recruit and rebuild.
Let's be honest, like Mary taking the team to the central cost honest.
We have our enforcer in court battling for his freedom.
We have approx 2 mil of our cap in the worst performing halves in arguably the JV's history.
I'm thinking 2 years minimum before we can re-shape our team into something remotely competitive.
When you really think about it, we never stood a chance in 2021 and even 2022.
I'll be surprised if Griffin doesn't quit before the end of this season and we end up with Elliott as coach.
Panthers and Broncos fans must be in hysterics watching us now.

BLM01

First Grade
Let's be honest, like Mary taking the team to the central cost honest.
We have our enforcer in court battling for his freedom.
We have approx 2 mil of our cap in the worst performing halves in arguably the JV's history.
I'm thinking 2 years minimum before we can re-shape our team into something remotely competitive.
When you really think about it, we never stood a chance in 2021 and even 2022.
I'll be surprised if Griffin doesn't quit before the end of this season and we end up with Elliott as coach.
Panthers and Broncos fans must be in hysterics watching us now.
No Hook will stick it out snd slowly improve this team, unless our BOD sack him.

The only thing that concerns me ATM is that Mary, Gus & Webster having a beer together today and probably already gloating “ I told you so”
very few in all areas including supporters will give Griffin the time he deserves and needs to get us to be truly competitive consistently

Crush

Coach
We needed to recruit well in the forwards, we didn't. Hook needed to attract quality players to the club, he didn't. Our halves need to stand up and play out of their skins, they won't.
There was cause for concern months ago, now its just confirming what we already knew.
Boys against men, I predict we will win 4 games this year.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
We needed to recruit well in the forwards, we didn't. Hook needed to attract quality players to the club, he didn't. Our halves need to stand up and play out of their skins, they won't.
There was cause for concern months ago, now its just confirming what we already knew.
Boys against men, I predict we will win 4 games this year.

Do we get 4 bys this year?