What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norman suspended

BLM01

First Grade
Fox (Mary backers and Dragon haters) so happen today get told by the SMH (Gus and Webby's employee for NRL reporting) they know what the police and NRL think after we get smacked last night.
Yep timing's perfect for the size 12 slippers getting tossed our way.

Police cant have it both ways, they decided not to charge for a reason and I am sure they were not there when the fight first broke out.
So are we led to believe weeks after the event....ohh we were close and we are still investigating..yeh right. They got better and more important things to do than continue an investifgation into a street scuffle that was not apparently charge worthy.
Geez they would never get any work done to seek and catch real crims if that was protocol.

The NRL can pull out any scenario as an exciuse to how they fight should of been avoided in the first place.
Dragons should fight it and for me... OK..put some blame on him for the whole scuffle iNRL f you must.
I am sure privately the club were not happy he was there either.
But fine sufficient.

Lets refer to Vylandy's stance and words himself re Haas and the Broncos..the club and fans should not be unfairly penalised.
That is why Haas only got a similar to slightly higher time out of the game for a far superior issue.
Talk about bias

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Fox (Mary backers and Dragon haters) so happen today get told by the SMH (Gus and Webby's employee for NRL reporting) they know what the police and NRL think after we get smacked last night.
Yep timing's perfect for the size 12 slippers getting tossed our way.

Police cant have it both ways, they decided not to charge for a reason and I am sure they were not there when the fight first broke out.
So are we led to believe weeks after the event....ohh we were close and we are still investigating..yeh right. They got better and more important things to do than continue an investifgation into a street scuffle that was not apparently charge worthy.
Geez they would never get any work done to seek and catch real crims if that was protocol.

The NRL can pull out any scenario as an exciuse to how they fight should of been avoided in the first place.
Dragons should fight it and for me... OK..put some blame on him for the whole scuffle iNRL f you must.
I am sure privately the club were not happy he was there either.
But fine sufficient.

Lets refer to Vylandy's stance and words himself re Haas and the Broncos..the club and fans should not be unfairly penalised.
That is why Haas only got a similar to slightly higher time out of the game for a far superior issue.
Talk about bias
I'm starting to dislike rugby league mainly because our club nearly always cops the brunt of unfairness on many issues the likes of which have been printed in this forum over years and years.

C'mon NRL and Vlandy's give us a break for Pete's sake (pun intended)! You surely cannot forget when you said -
"When I was at school and kids used to get bashed up because they were different, I used to go and defend them. I have no tolerance for people who put other people’s lives into violence or whatever."?

Why is it that the NRL appear to make us the black sheep club out of all of the other clubs?

Golf will not be the same without Tiger Woods, so rugby league will also not be the same if the joint venture Dragons did not exist anymore. Allow us to reach the same heights as the other big clubs, please.

How long should we give this bum before we drop him?

I’m ok giving him 4 games. If he doesn’t impress in that time sell him to Dapto.

He was absolutely hopeless yesterday. In his defence, so was everyone else.

Dragon David

First Grade
How long should we give this bum before we drop him?

I’m ok giving him 4 games. If he doesn’t impress in that time sell him to Dapto.

He was absolutely hopeless yesterday. In his defence, so was everyone else.
We have been saying over and over again these past couple of years that both Norman and Hunt are not worth two bob notwithstanding the fact that they are earning almost a combined sum of $2M per year which is a big chunk out of our salary cap. They do not believe in the Dragons and are just going through the motions as far as I am concerned.

Our forwards are not much chop on top of the lack of "brilliant" halves that we have in Norman and Hunt.

What also might be a big problem at the club is motivation and the desire by the older members of the squad to impress in every game. Do they have a best and fairest player picked after every game?

By Hook or Crook, the coaches have got to be hard and relentless in their pursuit of getting better teamwork and cohesion and mistake free games from our players. Those that do not get to that level immediately dropped. No fear or favour given to any of the players.

When was the last time we saw a player from our first grade kiss the badge of his jersey after a try? Where has the passion gone?

Dragon David

First Grade
It's still a bullshit decision.
This is going to be tough for the footballers to have a night out with friends and family if a couple of hooligans want to stir, taunt, jeer, push and shove to embarrass the player and get him to throw a punch knowing all too well that should that player touch, push the offender away and throw a punch, that player can be reported and he will cop the penalty as has Norman. What a joke.

How in hell does one show strength and hold back in front of your friends when intimidated and stirred on and you know that whatever retaliation you take will result in a fine and suspension?

The players will live a boring social life by not going out so that they don't get into trouble.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This is going to be tough for the footballers to have a night out with friends and family if a couple of hooligans want to stir, taunt, jeer, push and shove to embarrass the player and get him to throw a punch knowing all too well that should that player touch, push the offender away and throw a punch, that player can be reported and he will cop the penalty as has Norman. What a joke.

How in hell does one show strength and hold back in front of your friends when intimidated and stirred on and you know that whatever retaliation you take will result in a fine and suspension?

The players will live a boring social life by not going out so that they don't get into trouble.
Actually, the decision shows that an arsehole with a few mates can now punch a player in head, have a scuffle, get it onto social media and run away.

The player gets punished while thugs everywhere are having a laugh.

The NRL are making a rod for their own back.

This Year?

Immortal

I've thought a lot about it after my initial post about it being fair. Initially I thought maybe the attackers were aggravated in the bar or maybe one of them was an ex or a relation to of one of the girls or possibly there was more from the story. Nothing has been made public besides that IG post.

Being punished for defending yourself and your friends in a situation completely out of your control based solely on that footage is absolutely bullshit.

Crush

Coach

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'd love to see how these NRL decision makers would react if set upon by a group of men in the street at night.
It would be a conflict. Do I let this bloke punch me a third time? Hmmm... tough call.

@Banjo2014 , still looking forward to your response mate.

goldiesaintz

Juniors

True that, l ask for fairness but that seems a distance memory.
Some other teams seem to get the rub of the green but we seems to get anything but fair & just.

Whatever Norman may have portrayed himself as, we seem to to get fully shafted each and every time.
Other teams, duly get the benefit of the doubt but not us.

Again, as a league and Dragons supporter, l just want a fair go....

LINESPEED

Juniors
Some other teams seem to get the rub of the green but we seems to get anything but fair & just.

Whatever Norman may have portrayed himself as, we seem to to get fully shafted each and every time.

There’s an easy answer here my friend:

Our 11 titles in a row have stuck in the jealous craws of multiple Establishments across the years

.... bitterly & gnawingly longterm.

But smilingly
.... when you hear our kids speak
you know
they know
who they’re playing for

...and that brings a lump to my throat every time.

...the ringins these days don’t give a fu/ck about that cultural heritage

Last edited:

possm

Coach

The NRL and some Clubs within the NRL have an agenda; they want St George Illawarra to be fully located to the gong. The NRL want to reduce the number of Sydney clubs holding a licence and other clubs in close proximity to the St George district want to have access to our junior league (Canterbury, Cronulla, Souths and possibly the West Tigers).

It is high time our Board stood up and showed support for the only football club they own. WIN Corp has been shown to be a terrible partner and so I look forward to the day that St George bites the bullet and buys-out the WIN Corp shares. Instead they could have WIN as a major sponsor and TPA provider. This would leave St George to find a more suitable partner and hopefully a clean out of the Board plus a restructure of the way Board Members are appointed (maybe voted in by the club members).

BLM01

First Grade
So Corey had his fine halved and I suppose suspension halved by the way it was structured before he had a potential 2 week suspension hanging over his head, or am I misinterpreting that part?
So they deemed that worthy after he explained step by step what happened.

Oh and the chuckle..education and training into how to avoid a street fight when provacated or as they call it difficult situations off the field.
Lip service..think so. Really!. FMD NRL
Now you have just another snippet on how they waste some of the TV $$$ billions trying to find things to spend money on
And how NRL and club over loaded administrations are killing the game..
Yes I know NRL is not the only sport that is suffering from this crippling disease.