What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2021 semi realistic sides

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Kerr needs to play prop. He simply needs to defend tighter in.

Some great carries tonight but needs to play middles...
Without question, and Fuimaono and Ford both added a bit when they come on too. For the time being I would start with Sims, Fuimaono, and Lawrie as the back row. Lawrie looked good to me. Good hard straight charges, some good kick pressure and tackles also. He was far from our worst forward. In fact it was just the whole defensive structure that was out. The middle was loose so when they spun it wide the wingers and centres had to slide and were caught out.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Round 1 based off tonight I would go;
1.Dufty
2.Ramsey
3.Feagai (I dont want to waste a bench spot for a centre, when we have to carry Clune also)
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6.Bird (Only for one week while Norman is suspended)
7.Hunt(only because I know he's a given)
8.Faamausuli
9.Macca
10.Vaughan
11.Fuimaono
12.Sims
13.Lawrie
14. Ford
15.Kerr
16.Alvaro
17.Clune (Will come on and fill in for Macca, then replace Bird when he needs a spell.)

On top of this I would also promote Jaiyden Hunt to the top 30 and he is definite option at 13, he looks very solid to me.

St Tangles

Bench
I have changed the side I would go with based on the trials

1 Dufty
2 Ramsey
3 Bird as his fitness lifts transition him to Lock and bring Max Fegai in
4 Lomax
5 Rava
6 Sullivan already shows more heart in defence than Norman
7 Hunt
8 Faamausili
9 AM
10 Vaughan
11 Sims
12 Fuiamaono
13 Lawrie

14 Clune
15 Ford
16 Kerr
17 Alvaro

We need to be looking for a couple of tough buggers a prop and a backrower

We need to hope that Vaughan and Sims recapture some form

George Sancti

Juniors
Following is the team that I would like to see selected for round 1:

1 Ramsey
2 Pereira
3 Bird
4 Lomax
5 Fegai
6 Dufty
7 Hunt
8 Kerr
9 McCullough
10 Vaughan
11 Ravalawa
12 Fuiamaono
13 Lawrie

14 Sims
15 Alvaro
16 Faamausili
17 Ford

I would see Jack Bird moving to the second row and Jayden Sullivan coming into the team at 5/8 by mid season.

Last edited:

hewi

Bench

1 Ramsey
2 Pereira
3 Bird
4 Lomax
5 Fegai
6 Dufty
7 Hunt
8 Kerr
9 McCullough
10 Vaughan
11 Ravalawa
12 Fuiamaono
13 Lawrie

14 Sims
15 Alvaro
16 Faamausili
17 Ford

I would see Jack Bird moving to the second row and Jayden Sullivan coming into the team at 5/8 by mid season.

Ilike it but don’t think there’s a chance in hell of it happening

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It will be interesting to see the final 'squad' of 29 (or 28 however you look at it) plus the DS.

Hopefully, we will also get the finalsed squads for CC and JF.
I believe the DS, CC and JF players become eligible to play in the NRL after round 12 (please correct me if i'm wrong here). If so, then these squads become integral to our season.

kit66

Bench
Last year we started the season with 4 losses then in round 5 on the back of great performances from Dufty, Rava, Kerr and McInnes we were able to get home over the Sharkies. The team list was one of Mary's brain farts with Hunt on the bench, Norman in the 1 jersey but playing 5/8 and Dufty called back into the team last minute after being dropped the week before when the Doggies wooped our sorry arses 22-0.
This time we'll be missing McInnes, Frizell, Aitken and Host but we'll have McC, Alvaro and Bird who should play well against his old team. We'll also have Po or Ellis or J.Hunt.
I think if we put Kerr back where he belongs and steady our defence out wide and get our kicking game back on track we'll put in a good performance after our humbling last Saturday. It's our first home game, we need to make a statement. We showed we have some great attacking capabilities which should hold us in good stead against a team that recently has trouble scoring points. It's the Sharkies ffs, we can do this !

1. Dufty
2. Rava
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ramsey
6. Clune
7. Hunt

8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Fuimaono
12. Sims
13. Lawrie

14. Ford
15. Alvaro
16. Merrin
17. Ellis

18. Sullivan

Go Saints !

Edit : Thanks FCD, I forgot Norman was a dick.... I mean suspended.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Last year we started the season with 4 losses then in round 5 on the back of great performances from Dufty, Rava, Kerr and McInnes we were able to get home over the Sharkies. The team list was one of Mary's brain farts with Hunt on the bench, Norman in the 1 jersey but playing 5/8 and Dufty called back into the team last minute after being dropped the week before when the Doggies wooped our sorry arses 22-0.
This time we'll be missing McInnes, Frizell, Aitken and Host but we'll have McC, Alvaro and Bird who should play well against his old team. We'll also have Po or Ellis or J.Hunt.
I think if we put Kerr back where he belongs and steady our defence out wide and get our kicking game back on track we'll put in a good performance after our humbling last Saturday. It's our first home game, we need to make a statement. We showed we have some great attacking capabilities which should hold us in good stead against a team that recently has trouble scoring points. It's the Sharkies ffs, we can do this !

1. Dufty
2. Rava
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ramsey
6. Norman
7. Hunt

8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Fuimaono
12. Sims
13. Lawrie

14. Ford
15. Alvaro
16. Merrin
17. Ellis

18. Sullivan

Go Saints !
Norman is suspended, no way he’s getting off. Right or wrong with his history I’d just cop the week off and zip it up if I were him.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors

1. Dufty
2. Rava
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ramsey
6. Clune
7. Hunt

8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Fuimaono
12. Sims
13. Lawrie

14. Ford
15. Alvaro
16. Merrin
17. Ellis

18. Sullivan

Go Saints !

Did Poasa kick ur dog.
I'd have him in b4 at least 4 of the forwards named.

Old Timer

Coach
Don’t expect many early wins but let this side play and gel together in the first month and take stock after then:

1. Dufty
2. Ramsay
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Clune
7. Hunt (c)
8. Faamausili
9. McCullough
10. Kerr
11. Ford
12. Sims
13. Bird

14. Norman
15. Vaughan
16. Lawrie
17. Merrin
You have the correct attitude to the issues facing us.

No doubt the "duds" and the "were good a few years ago" will remain exactly that way and maybe have a few good moments here and there however the new blood will learn to gel with other newbies and start to form some combinations which is a great thing for our future.

As the old contracts expire and some cash frees up then we stand a better chance of luring a few good players to help settle / balance the roster especially if our younger players are showing promising signs.

1. Dufty
2. Rava
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ramsey
6. Clune
7. Hunt

8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Fuimaono
12. Sims
13. Lawrie

14. Ford
15. Alvaro
16. Merrin
17. Ellis

18. Sullivan

Go Saints !

If it is going to be Hunt and Clune in the halves it needs to be Hunt -6, Clune -7 and A.M needs strick instructions that Clune is the organiser. Hunt couldn't organise a smoko for council workers.

kit66

Bench
Did Poasa kick ur dog.
I'd have him in b4 at least 4 of the forwards named.

J.Hunt did more in his stints than either Poasa or Ellis but I only picked Ellis because I think that's what Hook will do - I'd be happy with any one of those 3 guys tbh, see how they go. Merrin played well I thought and is more dangerous than anyone else in the pack with some ball skills and a good off load. Alvaro is a more willing defender than Po and Ellis beating those guys in tackles made, hit ups and metres. Ford is a great young player when he's "on" and despite poor form in the trials I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - I also know he trains harder than just about anyone so that could have caused his mini slump, he should be right by round 1.
I don't have a dog, they smell.

Last edited:

Kylez3

Juniors
If it is going to be Hunt and Clune in the halves it needs to be Hunt -6, Clune -7 and A.M needs strick instructions that Clune is the organiser. Hunt couldn't organise a smoko for council workers.

Hunt can't help himself unfortuantely. If you put a number 6 jersey on his back, he'll still try and play as the dominant half especially with his best mate McCulloch now at hooker. Basically what we witnessed last season except probably even worse.

Poor Cluney.

Hunt can't help himself unfortuantely. If you put a number 6 jersey on his back, he'll still try and play as the dominant half especially with his best mate McCulloch now at hooker. Basically what we witnessed last season except probably even worse.

Poor Cluney.
I agree, he would do that. If only we had a person who could tell our players what to do and hold them accountable.

thebigredv

First Grade
I've said this prior to the beginning of the last two seasons... we need a new player to really step up and make their mark on first grade. Someone who will get a buzz about the place going again and translate their impact into points, whether they be bending the defensive line or simply bursting through. Then other players can feed off this player's confidence and influence.

I'm looking at the young guys in particular as the others have been mostly let downs. This hasnt really happened the last few seasons other than a couple of players in spits and spurts.

Who will it be?

I'm looking at Ramsey, Feagai and Sullivan but who really knows.

Dragons2020

Juniors
1. Dufty
2.Rava
3.Bird
4.Lomax
5. Pereira
6. Clune
7. Hunt
8. Fuma
9. McCullough
10. Kerr
11. Sims
12. Fumo
13. Ford

14. Sullivan
15-17 Pick 3 forwards out of a hat

unfortunately it is probably going to be a tough season

thebigredv

First Grade

1 Ramsey
2 Pereira
3 Bird
4 Lomax
5 Fegai
6 Dufty
7 Hunt
8 Kerr
9 McCullough
10 Vaughan
11 Ravalawa
12 Fuiamaono
13 Lawrie

14 Sims
15 Alvaro
16 Faamausili
17 Ford

It's a 'yes' from me in regards to moving Rava to the backline. Its a bit of a desperate move but I guess we are in a desperate state. He has the power and he seems to me like a player who actually wants to get involved in the rough stuff which is what has really been missing by the players who are picked there constantly.

I have enough faith in the new centre wing pairings and Dufty out the back but Rava and Lomax also works nicely should say a Bird go down injured during a game.

Dufty to 6 I am less convinced on because that means reinvention of him and Ramsey and I think we just need those two to play in their regular position. Dufty can chime in with his passing game in a less predictable way for the opposition to prepare for.

Sullivan and Hunt should be the halves paring.

I've said this prior to the beginning of the last two seasons... we need a new player to really step up and make their mark on first grade. Someone who will get a buzz about the place going again and translate their impact into points, whether they be bending the defensive line or simply bursting through. Then other players can feed off this player's confidence and influence.

I'm looking at the young guys in particular as the others have been mostly let downs. This hasnt really happened the last few seasons other than a couple of players in spits and spurts.

Who will it be?

I'm looking at Ramsey, Feagai and Sullivan but who really knows.
I actually believe Clune is that person. Looking at who played halfback for all our wins and losses last year supports this.