What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

_Johnsy

Referee
There is the problem . Recriutment and Retention. What are they going to do about it.
Simple fix, get people in with foresight and willingness to put the club first, and make the tough decision. it's a given you are going to get one or two wrong, and you can live with that, if it was for the betterment of the club, and it just didn't pan out.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We always knew that the Dragons would rue the day when they released Luciano - similar to Jacob Host who had a smashing game again us in the Charity Shield .

But there’s no point carrying on about it , as they have both gone and the chances of either returning are Buckley’s.
I agree....2 big losses imo especially when you consider whats left....but as I said yesterday it is what it is and now Hook just has to tweak what hes got

George Dragon

Juniors
I saw something completely different, a big, skillful and very dangerous 2nd rower with the potential to be another Beetson ( actually watching Latrell the other night he might take that mantle ). Letting Luch go was just stupid as was Mary putting him on at lock or prop. I was as unhappy about his release as I was with McInnes, Frizell, and B.Morris. All the work we put in just to benefit some other team.
I was talking to Luch and Joey the other day.
He is looking fit and committed.
They have a tigers young gun living with them that they are mentoring.
This seems to be a great arrangement for Luchs attitude and getting the best out of him.
Time will tell if he is consistent.

As others have said . . he had potential but wasn't fit, was a poor defender and lazy but all these can be coached out if the player is willing and with the right coaching. He wasn't willing and we didn't have the ability amongst our coaching squad over a couple of years. We offered him his worth and the Tigers offered him his potential worth. Let's see how he progresses hey!

Based on the form displayed by our forward pack during the charity shield, Leilua and Host would walk straight into our starting side

Both players under achieved under the worst coach to ever coach the club.

It’s about time we accept that the selection and development process of our juniors is piss poor.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Stop banging on about a player who our staff (coaches or retention manager) didn't want. Or maybe he dhdnt want us hopped on the first bus outta there.
It makes me cry I could see his potential like you all say just need to be pulled in line.
Time to move on if we want a good forward we just will see what happens with Jackie Boy if he is free to play we keep him or buy something new with spare money.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He was one of the Tigers' best players last year outside of David Nofo.

There are just some players (Beetson was probably the first- Luch and Latrell are more recent examples) who are labelled overweight, unfit, lazy, overrated and that killer of all labels MERCURIAL. However, while they may never meet the standards of the purists, they are matchwinners- a commodity the Dragons are sadly lacking in the forwards these days.

TruSaint

Referee
There are just some players (Beetson was probably the first- Luch and Latrell are more recent examples) who are labelled overweight, unfit, lazy, overrated and that killer of all labels MERCURIAL. However, while they may never meet the standards of the purists, they are matchwinners- a commodity the Dragons are sadly lacking in the forwards these days.

Good post.

Gareth67

First Grade

I picked it after watching Lucianos first few games - his off loads reminded me of Beetson ever so much - just that slight turn of the head and the big arm slipping the ball away almost unnoticed , but the young chap is gone now .

Wizardman

First Grade
I consider myself a realistic Tiger supporter and am not afraid to give them a kick up the bum when they deserve it. But, Luciano was by far our biggest success story of 2020, even more so than Harry Grant because of what we inherited from you guys. Our fans looked at him as a huge risk when he first got to Concord but certainly achieved more than I thought he would. He had a few quiet ones towards the end of the season but he wasn't alone in that regard. For the majority of the year, he played really well and was well worth recruiting.
Sometimes, a player just needs a change of scenery to get going. Heaps of players left Tigers and kicked on in new surroundings....more than I care to admit....lol.

thebigredv

First Grade
I consider myself a realistic Tiger supporter and am not afraid to give them a kick up the bum when they deserve it. But, Luciano was by far our biggest success story of 2020, even more so than Harry Grant because of what we inherited from you guys. Our fans looked at him as a huge risk when he first got to Concord but certainly achieved more than I thought he would. He had a few quiet ones towards the end of the season but he wasn't alone in that regard. For the majority of the year, he played really well and was well worth recruiting.
Sometimes, a player just needs a change of scenery to get going. Heaps of players left Tigers and kicked on in new surroundings....more than I care to admit....lol.

Hope he doesn't follow the same trajectory as Tariq Sims and Paul Vaughn. Great initially and fading horrendously.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The bright idiot who let Leilua & Host depart the Dragons, should be shot by cannon straight out of the club. These 2 young backrowers are far better than what we have been left with.
I seriously question our “Pathways” when they send them straight out the gate to another home.

Last edited:
The bright idiot who let Leila & Host depart the Dragons, should be shot by cannon straight out of the club. These 2 young backrowers are far better than what we have been left with.
I seriously question our “Pathways” when they send them straight out the gate to another home.

I actually can’t remember a time over the past 40 years where our second row and lock stocks have been worse.
Perhaps the late 80’s but even then we still had some old timers in Graeme Wynn and Billy Noke.
SOS to our next Chris Walsh, Scott Gourley, David Barnhill, Wayne Bartrim, Ben Creagh or Tyson Frizell. We need u desperately now.

Wizardman

First Grade
Im not sure if Jackson Ford is any good....but he has had wraps for a lot of years. In a season like this one where your pack will struggle most weeks, it is worth giving him an extended run.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I actually can’t remember a time over the past 40 years where our second row and lock stocks have been worse.
Perhaps the late 80’s but even then we still had some old timers in Graeme Wynn and Billy Noke.
SOS to our next Chris Walsh, Scott Gourley, David Barnhill, Wayne Bartrim, Ben Creagh or Tyson Frizell. We need u desperately now.
EHD I totally agree and also struggle to think of a worse back row than our 2021 model.
Oh for some that tackled like Beau Scott, Brad Mackay, Jeremy Smith.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
...and even Wally Fullerton Smith; agree never seen the second row stocks weaker than it is now. Maybe Griffin agrees with you ? Doesn’t he want Bird to play in the second row?