What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial #2 2021 vs. North Queensland Cowboys

Big Pete

Referee
Trial #2
Brisbane Broncos vs. North Queensland Cowboys
Dolphin Stadium, Saturday 27 February 2021
Kick Off: 7:00pm​

TL-BRI20a.png

1. Jamayne Isaako 2. Xavier Coates 3. Jesse Arthars 4. Tesi Niu 5. David Mead 6. Brodie Croft 7. Tom Dearden 8. Patrick Carrigan 9. Jake Turpin 10. Matthew Lodge 11. Alex Glenn 12. Jordan Riki 13. Tevita Pangai Junior

Interchange: 14. John Asiata 15. Thomas Flegler 16. Corey Oates 17. Ben Te'o 18. Cory Paix 19. Tyson Gamble 20. Richard Kennar

TL-NQL20a.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Michael Morgan 7. Jake Clifford 8. Francis Molo 9. Reece Robson 10. Jordan McLean 11. Mitchell Dunn 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange: 14. Jake Granville 15. Lachlan Burr 16. Peter Hola 17. Corey Jensen 18. Shane Wright 19. Ben Hampton 20. Murray Taulagi 21. Reuben Cotter 22. Esan Marsters

Big Pete

Referee
With the exceptions of Herbie Farnworth (chest) and Anthony Milford (hand) this will likely be the 21 Man Squad come Round 1.

I thought Bullemor was hard done by after the Wynnum trial. He was one of the Broncos best on the night and he is on an NRL deal so he's eligible to play before June 30.

Otherwise it's as expected. Riki has been the big bolter this season and he will have a lot of expectations on his shoulders trying to fill the void left by the $1.3 Million Man, Fifita.

Around the grounds and Issac Luke, Keenan Palasia, Selwyn Cobbo and TC Robati will line-up for the Wynnum Manly Seagulls for their trial. Reece Walsh, Ethan Bullemor and Rhys Kennedy will suit up for the Devils. Souths Logan also have a trial game, but they haven't announced any Broncos affiliates. It would not shock me to see Kobe Hetherington, Isaiah Tass among others line-up for them.

Nerd

Bench
Game of two halves. We looked ok in the first half then fell back into the old habits of unforced error after unforced error in the second half. Our defence lacked any line speed and on more than one occasion our younger players were caught out by the more experienced Cow players.

Lodge still doesn't look fit and Kevvie may have to give him a short stint at the start of games and another at the end with Flegler doing the middle stint. Neither half looked to take control of the team and the forwards looked to be over calling them with constant one up rucks that were easily picked off.

At least Dearden looks to have put on a bit of weight in the off season so his defence should be more solid but it normally takes a halfback 3-4 seasons in first grade before they really hit their straps and I hope i'm wrong but don't know that Croft has the game to carry the team for a season or two till Dearden gets enough experience.

At least Dearden looks to have put on a bit of weight in the off season so his defence should be more solid but it normally takes a halfback 3-4 seasons in first grade before they really hit their straps and I hope i'm wrong but don't know that Croft has the game to carry the team for a season or two till Dearden gets enough experience.

Dearden came up to Townsville to see the Cowboys facilities. Don't be surprised if he makes the move north.

Nerd

Bench
And it will work too. The Broncos are experts at paying overs for potential/overrated players.
Maybe so but I'm hoping they've turned the corner by refusing to pay overs for Fifita and I can't see the Cowboys wanting to pay silly money for a 19 year old kid who's played a handful of games..

Showtime

Juniors
Maybe so but I'm hoping they've turned the corner by refusing to pay overs for Fifita and I can't see the Cowboys wanting to pay silly money for a 19 year old kid who's played a handful of games..

I wouldn’t be so sure, they’ve invested big money into Holmes who’s best position might be on the wing and Morgan who’s injury prone and had one great run 2017. Let’s not forget about Josh McGuire who’s best years are well behind him.

Latest posts