What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

horrie hastings

First Grade
Music entrepreneur and founder of Mushroom records Michael Gudinski has passed away aged 68.
I just watched him recently introduce Kylie Minogue at 2021 Sounds Better Together on stage in late January.

a68da7982cfcef2f6cc7b432b419d428632a35e1.jpg

soc123_au

Staff member
Her music isn't really my cup of tea, but there is no disputing Kylie is a legit star. She left the other Stock, Aitken & Waterman products flailing helplessly in her wake. One of the very few who has also managed to be way hotter at 50 than she was at 18.

horrie hastings

First Grade
She tried so hard to impersonate Madonna..

And is now so many miles in front of Madonna. In the early days neither Madonna or Kylie could even sing , Madonnas vocals were weak but she made a very successful brand for her self and yes i agree Kylie did copy it, but as of now Kylie is so far ahead of Madonna, Madonna now is almost an embarrassment but i will never diss her because of early work especially for sexual freedom and her fight during the HIV aids crisis and all the work she did there but Kylie now is so far removed from her singing budgie catergory and a megastar in her own right , i totally love both women and their work but Kylie is still in her prime commercially and Madonna has been washed up for a long while now.

And both of these amazing women i have in my CD music collection.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Her music isn't really my cup of tea, but there is no disputing Kylie is a legit star. She left the other Stock, Aitken & Waterman products flailing helplessly in her wake. One of the very few who has also managed to be way hotter at 50 than she was at 18.

Spot on.

Generalzod

Immortal
And is now so many miles in front of Madonna. In the early days neither Madonna or Kylie could even sing , Madonnas vocals were weak but she made a very successful brand for her self and yes i agree Kylie did copy it, but as of now Kylie is so far ahead of Madonna, Madonna now is almost an embarrassment but i will never diss her because of early work especially for sexual freedom and her fight during the HIV aids crisis and all the work she did there but Kylie now is so far removed from her singing budgie catergory and a megastar in her own right , i totally love both women and their work but Kylie is still in her prime commercially and Madonna has been washed up for a long while now.

And both of these amazing women i have in my CD music collection.
I agree don’t get me wrong i don’t mind Kylie but Madonna was better, I remember at school every w#g girl wanted to impersonate Madonna, I remember going to the Kazi club in the 80s at Kingsford on a Friday night it was Maddona song after another.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I agree don’t get me wrong i don’t mind Kylie but Madonna was better, I remember at school every w#g girl wanted to impersonate Madonna, I remember going to the Kazi club in the 80s at Kingsford on a Friday night it was Maddona song after another.

Yes Madonnas early songs were great, I love her first album and play it quite a lot, love Borderline and also off the album the song called I Know It, really came a Madonna fan with Burning Up. Kylie’s early work makes me cringe and I can’t listen to it but I really started listening to her with the Better the Devil You Know, What Do I Have To Do and Step Back in Time era in 1990, Kylie was starting to grow up.

Latest posts