What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

murraymob

Coach
Bit off topic but in general l discussion .just got a email from panthers about the pledge wall that is being built .Pretty excited as my father who passed away will get his name with me up there as I have continued to buy his season ticket every year.this has made keeping his ticket going well worth every cent

MugaB

Coach
Bit off topic but in general l discussion .just got a email from panthers about the pledge wall that is being built .Pretty excited as my father who passed away will get his name with me up there as I have continued to buy his season ticket every year.this has made keeping his ticket going well worth every cent
That is a great idea, kudos to whoever thought of that

Kilkenny

Coach
Foxsports has an article on there website today where certain media pundits talk about or rate the chances of all NRL sides. Interesting to note Cooper Cronk seemed to talk down our chances, not for the first time recently and even last season I seemed to recall he never seemed to give us the credit we deserved. Just expressing his opinion I guess, maybe just still pissed off we put his former side out of contention after beating them in last seasons playoffs. Don’t know.

MugaB

Coach
Foxsports has an article on there website today where certain media pundits talk about or rate the chances of all NRL sides. Interesting to note Cooper Cronk seemed to talk down our chances, not for the first time recently and even last season I seemed to recall he never seemed to give us the credit we deserved. Just expressing his opinion I guess, maybe just still pissed off we put his former side out of contention after beating them in last seasons playoffs. Don’t know.
Yeah, the fox sports opener at bankwest, he basically forgot penrith in his top 4 predictions, and just talked about, souths, easts and storm making top4 again, he seems focused on easts a lot simply coz of his history there, but don't see them back in the running, with that aging roster and extremely young halves, at least billy slater backed us in every game bar the last one, (of course)

Last edited:

betcats

Referee

Nice little story on Critta, To'o and Luai from seven news in case you missed, its a video not article. They really are great young guys, the three of these guys are very heavily involved in a community group. They are often at ovals with a bunch kids doing things that aren't organised or required by the club(I see this on their instagrams, they post in on there and invite anyone down who'd like play touch footy etc). It gets briefly mentioned.

The reported also mentions that our 20 juniors in the top squad is an NRL first.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach

Nice little story on Critta, To'o and Luai from seven news in case you missed, its a video not article. They really are great young guys, the three of these guys are very heavily involved in a community group. They are often at ovals with a bunch kids doing things that aren't organised or required by the club(I see this on their instagrams, they post in on there and invite anyone down who'd like play touch footy etc). It gets briefly mentioned.

The reported also mentions that our 20 juniors in the top squad is an NRL first.

The top 20 juniors in our squad is an amazing achievement. Something to be very proud of.

Blade23

Juniors

Good on you Murray.

betcats

Referee
The top 20 juniors in our squad is an amazing achievement. Something to be very proud of.

Its Goulds vision come to life. When he first took over he said he wanted to get the community connection back and the strong junior base back. He spoke about making a club that produces roughly 80 percent of our own players and making it a place the players wanted be at. Many have contributed to it no doubt but the vision was Goulds he put us on this path. Whether we get a premiership in the next few years or not its hard to argue that Gus pulled off the rebuild pretty well.

Edit: That little two minute story highlights almost all of that I think.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Its Goulds vision come to life. When he first took over he said he wanted to get the community connection back and the strong junior base back. He spoke about making a club that produces roughly 80 percent of our own players and making it a place the players wanted be at. Many have contributed to it no doubt but the vision was Goulds he put us on this path. Whether we get a premiership in the next few years or not its hard to argue that Gus pulled off the rebuild pretty well.

Edit: That little two minute story highlights almost all of that I think.

100%. Turned the club around, as you say pointed us in the right path, but it is a bit of a shame he left us with a legacy in RCG and Waqa Blake who we are still paying for. In his defence most at the time were happy with the re-signings but clearly it didn’t turn out quite as expected.

betcats

Referee
100%. Turned the club around, as you say pointed us in the right path, but it is a bit of a shame he left us with a legacy in RCG and Waqa Blake who we are still paying for. In his defence most at the time were happy with the re-signings but clearly it didn’t turn out quite as expected.

It happens. I read that the roosters were paying 200k of Latrells contract last season, take that with a grain of salt.

No one gets every decision right in the end he got enough right though to get us to what he envisioned even if it meant him leaving. From what I can tell Gus just got a little to close to some of these guys that we brought through, emotion can cloud anyones judgement.

Crashtest

Juniors

It actually said there are 22 local juniors in the top squad, so even more amazing!!

There are so many fluff piece media stories about players over the off season, but that has to be one of the best good news stories thus this preseason.

Bloody Danny Weidler even tried to spin that there was player unrest at Penrith over letting Mansour go, well that news storey just proves how full shit Weidler is.

betcats

Referee
It actually said there are 22 local juniors in the top squad, so even more amazing!!

There are so many fluff piece media stories about players over the off season, but that has to be one of the best good news stories thus this preseason.

Bloody Danny Weidler even tried to spin that there was player unrest at Penrith over letting Mansour go, well that news storey just proves how full shit Weidler is.

22! How good is that.

Yeah I really enjoyed that little piece.

Kilkenny

Coach

Fan unrest (Kilkenny) maybe. Player unrest, not a chance. At the St Mary’s trial the comradeship amongst all the players was plain to see. He’ll be missed by everybody, gone but not forgotten, time to move on, Josh has. All good. (Even if we do miss his metres)

Jane Murray

Bench
I like the way the highlights flow seamlessly into last weeks trial with the intensity apparently maintained. Good editing.
Also I couldn't help noticing that Kurt looks up after the word "glory".
I don't think Kurt will re-sign at seasons end. If he does, he does, if he doesn't we have adequate coverage. This year is the year of the Panther. Only 9 days to go.

Latest posts