What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A win against the Sharks will give us a bit more confidence and improved attitude for the next few games. We have definitely got to tighten up our defence and not give too much possession to the Sharks. Boy we certainly were hit hard with the 6 agains in the trials and if we don't reduce this considerably, then a win result to us might not be forthcoming.
The dropped balls are our biggest concern, in every trial 6 again aside most of problems stemmed from a high error count. I would like to see us completely simplify our attack until we get in the red zone for now until we get our combos down.

kit66

Bench
The dropped balls are our biggest concern, in every trial 6 again aside most of problems stemmed from a high error count. I would like to see us completely simplify our attack until we get in the red zone for now until we get our combos down.

Poor defence and errors cost us any hope against the Bunnies. It resulted in them completing 15sets more than us not including the 6agains, that's massive. It would be hard to imagine us playing a worse game this year. Even so we still made 9 line breaks - many in the first half - scored 3 tries and bombed a couple more. I think we can put in a good showing next week. On paper us and the Sharkies are pretty evenly matched all things considered but Dufty's input will be the difference.

Saints by 8.

It's the second rowers and the hookers job to put pressure on the kickers and / or half back, if they're not then something's wrong.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I'd put Kerr back in the middle and try Vaughan on the edges his more athletic and has better lateral movement and motor
No they are props leave them in the middle. If you want to experiment that is for the trials too late now. Ford or Tariq and Fuimaono or the bloke from Roosters although thought he was a prop.

St Tangles

Bench
No they are props leave them in the middle. If you want to experiment that is for the trials too late now. Ford or Tariq and Fuimaono or the bloke from Roosters although thought he was a prop.
My comment was in response to suggesting Kerr remain in the backrow.
I was suggesting if they are going to do that you might aswell try Vaughan.
We currently only have 1 backrower of 1st grade standard in Sims and his form is questionable.

boardlumps62

Juniors
My comment was in response to suggesting Kerr remain in the backrow.
I was suggesting if they are going to do that you might aswell try Vaughan.
We currently only have 1 backrower of 1st grade standard in Sims and his form is questionable.
But why weaken one position especially when we need them in the guts. If we can't get the blokes I mentioned to fill the gaps in the edge we are well and truly screwed. Hooks will work out what we have and what we need this year. JDB will be back see how he goes.

St Tangles

Bench
But why weaken one position especially when we need them in the guts. If we can't get the blokes I mentioned to fill the gaps in the edge we are well and truly screwed. Hooks will work out what we have and what we need this year. JDB will be back see how he goes.

Possibly re read my post it was if he was choosing to play Kerr in the second row I think Vaughan would be a better option due to his better lateral movement not that's what I would do.

Have a nice day

kit66

Bench
I'd like to see Sullivan get a shot but I think Griffin will go with Clune for his consistency and defence.
Lawrie's work rate in defence should see him get the 13 jersey - he was often 2nd for tackles after Cam last year ( 3rd when Hunt played 9 and Cam 13 ).

possm

Coach
Possibly re read my post it was if he was choosing to play Kerr in the second row I think Vaughan would be a better option due to his better lateral movement not that's what I would do.

Have a nice day
I'd rather the following team for round 1:

Prop rotation
Vaughan
Kerr

Lock
Lawrie

Edge Forwards
Sims
Ford

Hookers
McCullough
Wishart

Fullback
Dufty

Wingers
JP
Ramsey

Centres
Lomax
Bird

Halves
B. Hunt (c)
Sullivan

Bench
Ravalawa
Alvaro
Faamausili
Hunt

getsmarty

Immortal
I'd rather the following team for round 1:

Prop rotation
Vaughan
Kerr

Lock
Lawrie

Edge Forwards
Sims
Ford

Hookers
McCullough
Wishart

Fullback
Dufty

Wingers
JP
Ramsey

Centres
Lomax
Bird

Halves
B. Hunt (c)
Sullivan

Bench
Ravalawa
Alvaro
Faamausili
Hunt

Pretty good side...Rava adds little value from the bench...would rather Sullivan on the bench with Hunt and Clune starting...Rava to replace J.P...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd like to see Sullivan get a shot but I think Griffin will go with Clune for his consistency and defence.
Lawrie's work rate in defence should see him get the 13 jersey - he was often 2nd for tackles after Cam last year ( 3rd when Hunt played 9 and Cam 13 ).
I reckon Sullivan will play 6 round 1 with Clune at 14. I don't think Macca is ready for 80 yet. Round 2 will be back to Norman/Hunt but lets hope Sullivan really kills it and makes that decision hard.

possm

Coach
Pretty good side...Rava adds little value from the bench...would rather Sullivan on the bench with Hunt and Clune starting...Rava to replace J.P...
I'd really like to see Ravalawa spend a little time on the right edge in place of Kerr.

We need our best props in the middle mainly because this is our biggest weakness. Give Ford and Ravalawa the task of puting all their aggression into the right edge. Ravalawa can also cover a wing or centre position if injury occurs in the backline.

At this stage in our team development, I feel we need big bodies on the bench.

Crush

Coach
Poor defence and errors cost us any hope against the Bunnies. It resulted in them completing 15sets more than us not including the 6agains, that's massive. It would be hard to imagine us playing a worse game this year. Even so we still made 9 line breaks - many in the first half - scored 3 tries and bombed a couple more. I think we can put in a good showing next week. On paper us and the Sharkies are pretty evenly matched all things considered but Dufty's input will be the difference.

Saints by 8.

It's the second rowers and the hookers job to put pressure on the kickers and / or half back, if they're not then something's wrong.
Dufty always plays well against the Sharks, I reckon he'll be trying to impress in this game too!

Juniors
I'd really like to see Ravalawa spend a little time on the right edge in place of Kerr.

We need our best props in the middle mainly because this is our biggest weakness. Give Ford and Ravalawa the task of puting all their aggression into the right edge. Ravalawa can also cover a wing or centre position if injury occurs in the backline.

At this stage in our team development, I feel we need big bodies on the bench.
I reckon due to our forward pack lacking punch we can’t afford to move rava away from the wing

Latest posts