What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
Even so, you’d rather have last season in the suitcase than not.

People said the run was lucky, injury wise etc, but it was great footy, great prep and all support work and sure, without getting carried away, for most of it, good coaching.

You have to be right in the moment to keep delivering like that.

But new season, fresh challenges.

The smug title was funny yet fully earned!
videotogif_2020.11.20_13.56.15.gif
Smug!

murraymob

First Grade
Back to rumours are we still chasing a prop or happy with our roster.the NRL have helped so there is no extra rush with the date for needing 30 pushed back

franklin2323

Immortal
Back to rumours are we still chasing a prop or happy with our roster.the NRL have helped so there is no extra rush with the date for needing 30 pushed back

Not at this moment. It becomes urgent if we get injuries up front or the new rules don't make teams go smaller

Kilkenny

Coach

I tend to think we probably are still exploring opportunities, and will continue to do so.

Whether we actually sign someone, time will tell.

betcats

Referee
I really liked what I saw of J’Maine Hopgood in the Mounties trial and again on the weekend. He looked like the sort of player who could make the step up to NRL.

I would bet the house on him debuting at some point this year after that performance tbh

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I really liked what I saw of J’Maine Hopgood in the Mounties trial and again on the weekend. He looked like the sort of player who could make the step up to NRL.

I loved what I saw, but I think he needs significant reserve grade time before he’s ready to be a regular NRL player. Very promising start though.

kinghippo

Juniors
Prop is the one position I have always felt experience shines through.
The best ones tend to develop a bit later and I have always noticed that the young ones develop quicker when there is a older stand out amongst the group. Tamou has been an obvious example of it, Civoniceva is another.
I think we need one more good older player in reserve grade to help the rest progress.

franklin2323

Immortal
What sort of prop we going to get, if Tetevano was on around $300-$350k? Our budget must be around $250k or less??

$250k can get us a $500-$600k prop from Nov.

Given we are almost 6 months in by the time we get one. That knocks the price right down and will get a handy prop with that