What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secondrowers Wanted Urgently

boardlumps62

Juniors
It’s a sad sign of how far we’ve fallen when I’m a voice of reason in this discussion..
You are good but more will comment in this thread I'm hoping. Does Hook follow this forum. We need secondrowers and a lock or two. Hi want backrowers who are not filling frontrowers. We can start a frontrowers thread after we get some backrowers. Why didn't I call tbis thread "Backrowers Wanted Urgently".

Jersey No 14

Juniors
We need a Hardgraves style prop.
One who won't take any S%&T and may even get suspended for a few weeks
When he shows the opposition who is BOSS.
THen
Has a great repore with the media.
Any takers?

boardlumps62

Juniors
Do we have to wait until another club releases a Secondrowers can't we identify and go after him. What's in England?

possm

Coach
In seasons past when we didn't have enough centres, we used second rowers instead. Surely all we have to do now is put one or two of our excess centres into the second row?
We have a few wingers as well. With Sloan and Schiller coming through as well, it might be wise to put Ravalawa on the right edge. He certainly is big enough and fast enough.

Gippsy

Bench
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/6c7d077362469bdffaa5b29970369580

DOGS LEAD PACK FOR RISING NRL STAR

The Bulldogs still appear in the box seat to sign one of the NRL’s best emerging talents in backrower Brendan Piakura.

After a couple of false starts, the Brisbane Broncos rookie is believed to be headed to Sydney this weekend for a guided tour of Canterbury-Bankstown’s Belmore facility. Good judges reason Piakura is the best up-and-coming backrower in the game.

The teenager had interest from nine NRL clubs but has narrowed it down to his existing club the Broncos or the Bulldogs. The Gold Coast are also an outside chance.

If this kid is truly one of the best up and coming backrowers in the game you would've thought we would have identified him and gone hard for him as well.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/6c7d077362469bdffaa5b29970369580

The Bulldogs still appear in the box seat to sign one of the NRL’s best emerging talents in backrower Brendan Piakura.

After a couple of false starts, the Brisbane Broncos rookie is believed to be headed to Sydney this weekend for a guided tour of Canterbury-Bankstown’s Belmore facility. Good judges reason Piakura is the best up-and-coming backrower in the game.

The teenager had interest from nine NRL clubs but has narrowed it down to his existing club the Broncos or the Bulldogs. The Gold Coast are also an outside chance.

If this kid is truly one of the best up and coming backrowers in the game you would've thought we would have identified him and gone hard for him as well.
The Dogs are racking up a suspiciously expensive line of talent.

Dragon David

First Grade

As I said in another thread, we could have been one of the nine clubs vying for his signature, but he is either staying at the Broncos or going to either the Dogs or Titans. I think he will stay at the Broncos.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Jesus Banjo
It’s true..

images

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yeah, and if they get lapped all year and get the spoon it’ll be a massive underachievement.
Time will tell.
I would not be happy with the spoon but with our squad, on paper and trial form, you would have to say the bottom four seems about a par finish. A pass mark for me with this squad is avoiding the spoon and showing some promise moving forward. I certainly wont be happy with it but he doesn't have a lot work with. Mary never had a such an inexperienced/out of form squad in his whole reign of terror. In my opinion this is the most promising set of juniors we have had since the Morris boys, Cooper, Gasnier but will take time. Lomax is well on his way to Gasnier territory but probably gets more involved, he just needs to get the odd error out. The rest of the boys will take a year or two just like he did. He never looked as good as Ramsey when he first come in and was also pretty skinny. Give these blokes full time training and not balancing work, training and no-doze and it wont be long before we are challenging for the 8 again and attracting the missing pieces with ease. I would be chasing country boys, and Kiwis if possible who would prefer living in the Gong.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
How is it that the Bulldogs keep looking for players to add to their squad and we do SFA?

The Bulldogs are reported to be front runners in securing a Broncos second rower as per excerpt from Foxsports as follows:-

"The Bulldogs still appear in the box seat to sign one of the NRL’s best emerging talents in backrower Brendan Piakura. After a couple of false starts, the Brisbane Broncos rookie is believed to be headed to Sydney this weekend for a guided tour of Canterbury-Bankstown’s Belmore facility. Good judges reason Piakura is the best up-and-coming backrower in the game. The teenager had interest from nine NRL clubs but has narrowed it down to his existing club the Broncos or the Bulldogs. The Gold Coast are also an outside chance."

Maybe we were one of the 9 NRL clubs showing interest but as the statement says the guy has narrowed it down to staying at the Broncos or shifting to the Bulldogs and possibly the Titans, who have also been building up their squad.

From my observation, most of the other clubs have big, dynamic forwards and quite athletic as well so that they can vie each week for dominance. Our bunch will feel the brunt of the force from the other bigger men so we need to search high and wide for even bigger guys.
Dont watch the Piakura highlights, you will cry. He looks lethal, the Dogs with Corey Allen, Fox, Burton, Flanno, Piakura and the rest are going to absolutely kill it.