What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday vs Dragqueens 2021

Special K

Coach
Billy is on his last shot with us. Small, ball playing 13's are all the rage. I'm willing to see how he goes. I prefer some creativity in the middle over dick fingers Williams f**king a play the ball after a 15m great hit up.

Chimp

Juniors
My view on Magoo is that he’s really unfortunate to be around in this era - he’s got all the skills, is a throwback to the proper ball playing lock days, I just feel he’s not naturally athletic enough for the modern game. You’ve either got to be big and powerful, or smaller with speed, strength and dynamism. Billy is really skilful, but is a plodder in the current game.
Not big and strong enough to burst the line or win collisions through sheer size and brute strength, and not quick, muscly nor nuggety enough to win collisions through speed and impact.
He’s just not got those natural physical attributes needed in today’s game. At NRL level, he gets dominated when he has the ball, and he gets left flat footed or grabbing at air in defence.
Shame, because I like his style of play.

Craigshark

First Grade
Billy is on his last shot with us. Small, ball playing 13's are all the rage. I'm willing to see how he goes. I prefer some creativity in the middle over dick fingers Williams f**king a play the ball after a 15m great hit up.

or when he does get put in to space, hold the ball and not pass to an unmarked player :face_palm_tone2:♂️

Weaponhead

Coach
Agree. Billy has the natural skill but hasn't translated it to NRL level. Williams has the physical attributes but no skill and is a diabolical goal line defender. Billy as a link works, especially on left long shifts with Chad playing left half to get quicker ball to Wade. Toby in 13 is another prop.

R-15-3

Juniors
Billy always seems to do everything at 80% whether it’s a fitness or mental thing, he turns his back, doesn’t push for the extra tackle, gives up to easy on his hit ups. It’s like he just doesn’t give a f**k out there sometimes. Other times he is on lifts his game and those around him and really looks a footballer.
If he can be switched on and give 100% then he will cement a spot in the 17 but we have been waiting 2-3 years now with no improvement if anything has gone backwards.
He can make it if he wants, time will tell if he is willing to! Might be 1 of those players that really does need a new club to work that out.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I always liked Billy but he does seem to have stagnated the last couple of years (not that last year was his fault). He’s probably in the same boat as Kennedy in that he needs a good year to earn that new contract. I’m hopeful both these guys go to that next level this year.

ghoti

Bench
Billy was very good in the trial I thought. Agreed that this will have to be a big year for him, but he's been a Jets guy for a reason. Dunno if he'll kick on but worth keeping around imo.

Stake Removed

First Grade
If feef is injured...or if there is some diabolical discipline issue then I’ll allow him not being in the squad.

If bomber has left him out for footy reasons, then fugg him off now and being back flanno.
Maybe he started running sideways at training

Tiger Shark

Bench
Billy was very good in the trial I thought. Agreed that this will have to be a big year for him, but he's been a Jets guy for a reason. Dunno if he'll kick on but worth keeping around imo.

I didn't think he was very good at all.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Jack Williams, I would prefer him to play prop, just run hard hit up, no offloading I think if he is going to make it that's where it is.

He reminds me complete different position but of a Beau Scott rocks and diamonds, when he left us he came good.
I do think Jack give him go there

Tiger Shark

Bench
Jack Williams, I would prefer him to play prop, just run hard hit up, no offloading I think if he is going to make it that's where it is.

He reminds me complete different position but of a Beau Scott rocks and diamonds, when he left us he came good.
I do think Jack give him go there

You think they'll be pressure on him to perform with Fifita not in the 17 and Talakai and Hunt to come in at some point. Talakai might come straight in on an edge but think Bomber will give Nikora time to lose that spot so Talakai off the bench makes most sense.

Quicksilver

Bench
My view on Magoo is that he’s really unfortunate to be around in this era - he’s got all the skills, is a throwback to the proper ball playing lock days, I just feel he’s not naturally athletic enough for the modern game. You’ve either got to be big and powerful, or smaller with speed, strength and dynamism. Billy is really skilful, but is a plodder in the current game.
Not big and strong enough to burst the line or win collisions through sheer size and brute strength, and not quick, muscly nor nuggety enough to win collisions through speed and impact.
He’s just not got those natural physical attributes needed in today’s game. At NRL level, he gets dominated when he has the ball, and he gets left flat footed or grabbing at air in defence.
Shame, because I like his style of play.

That description sounds like he has the potential to be good all rounder.

I dislike it when the job description for a position gets too prescriptive. It’s a matter of using the good attributes in the right way.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I look forward to us getting lots of hand outs. Free penalties for all Sharkies. f**k the imperialist Dragons.

Well may they say God save the NRL because nothing can save Peter V'Landys.
Just need a forum sing song of “it’s time” - Quigs you got that one high rotation on your set list?

coolumsharkie

Referee
tenor.gif

I didn't think he was very good at all.

Latest posts