What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

possm

Coach
Yes ? already knew all that.... If i remember correctly Mulholland gave the reason that he left he resided in Canberra or something alone those lines.
But when i prune all this down it just seems to indicate you think that Millward is worse than Young as a Recruitment Officer? Just putting a blanket tag of ‘Millward mess’ everytime Saints haven’t signed a player on the dotted line that fans wish for seems a bit too simplistic to me.
Mullholland was given the boot because a backroom deal was done and Millward was to be the benefactor.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Mullholland was given the boot because a backroom deal was done and Millward was to be the benefactor.
So you do know why Mulholland left; thought you said you didn’t know in your last post! So could the recruitment process itself be the core of your angst?

Dragon David

First Grade
Indeed, or even Jai Arrow. We are definitely short one of these blokes in our pack.

Really hoping that Jack Bird can stay injury free and give us the spark we need.
We can't just depend on Bird. Every player needs to show his merit. But, yes, Bird if fully fit and injury free will be great for us.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I really do hope we are still "interested" in dining out on some Cheese.

He would be the perfect starting hooker for us, with Macca as the bench hooker. If this is so, then the signing of Macca on a 3yr deal would make a lot more sense.

Twenty10

Juniors
I really do hope we are still "interested" in dining out on some Cheese.

He would be the perfect starting hooker for us, with Macca as the bench hooker. If this is so, then the signing of Macca on a 3yr deal would make a lot more sense.
He could play lock. Then shift to hooker to give macca a rest. JDB play in the middle (prop).

Dragon David

First Grade
And was he used as a battering ram?
We are certainly going to miss Tyson. Whilst the Knights won on Friday night, they did so against the perennial bottom of the table Bulldogs team. However, going from the reports from the game, Tyson was second best to Daniel Saifiti as per the stats from Dragonslayer. Steve Roach said at half time about Tyson -
“I like what he’s done, I like the way he’s mixed his game up in the first half,” Fox League’s Steve Roach said at half time.

“Some crushing runs, the pass out the back... you wouldn’t expect that from Tyson Frizell but he’s added it to his game.”

I can't recall seeing Tyson "pass out the back" and as Roach said "he's added it to his game". Something that Adam O'Brien has coached him to do no doubt and Mary just coaching him to be a battering ram.

It is absolutely terrible to see and read how many of our players, not all, who have left us seem to make massive improvements to the way they play under a different coach.

possm

Coach
SMH reporting today Brandon Smith wants out at the Storm.
We would take him, wouldn't we ... in a heart beat.
Come on ... make it happen.
I suppose it's a case of player manager doing his stuff to drive up interest and salary of B Smith. A good signing for 2022 if McCullough wants to retire. I doubt the Storm will release him for the 2021 season.

I really would like to see Wishart thrown on the bench as the replacement hooker in reserve grade this season. To me he seems to be the hooker in waiting if he can improve his defence.

SaintPeter

Juniors
Possm
The story is he wants out now.

Brandon Smith would become the first player in NRL history to buy his way out of a contract in a revolutionary proposal that has been put to the Melbourne Storm.

Smith is contracted to the Storm until the end of next year, but is frustrated that he still isn’t the first-choice hooker despite the retirement of Cameron Smith.

possm

Coach
Possm
The story is he wants out now.

Brandon Smith would become the first player in NRL history to buy his way out of a contract in a revolutionary proposal that has been put to the Melbourne Storm.

Smith is contracted to the Storm until the end of next year, but is frustrated that he still isn’t the first-choice hooker despite the retirement of Cameron Smith.
Yes but the Storm has to also want to do such a deal. They now have one of the best squads in the competition and losing B Smith would only weaken their squad.

In any case, I'd say the pressure to move fo another club is coming from either the Titans or the Broncos who are both in need of his services. I doubt the Dragons feature in his plans at the moment.

So, if this is the case, do we really want the Titans or Broncos to strengthen their 2021 squad?