What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

Mickthedragon

Juniors
That hurts but at least they got back into it (then got a dodgy call that changed the game). Not good enough overall though and Dufty is always rocks and diamonds with more rocks at present. I hope Ramsay isn't too injured cause i'd like to see him given a go at fb. Kerr needs to go back to prop not 2nd row and Laurie/Vaughan were pretty good. Its a loss but there were some positives in the 2nd half at least.

We beat ourselves.

they had more go forward than us in the first 20 minutes.

Townsend put us under pressure with a couple of grubber sand we failed to clear the ball.

Second half we played much better with several forwards having a go.

Much more enthusiasm in the after half time.

Sharks handled the conditions better.

We are a couple of quality players away from being competitive.

redv13

Bench
Tonight sums up Dufty to a tee. Ordinary 1st half, out of position for a try. 2nd half scores a scintillating try, absolutely fantastic try. Then drops a kick with no one within 30 meters of him then drops another and tries to push the blame on Wiliame. Rocks and diamonds this bloke

possm

Coach
I don’t care what anyone says we can’t afford to have Dufty at FB..one great thing six nightmare mistakes
Yes he scored one great try but could have done that from five-eighth or from the wing. He should have taken those high balls and been in position to gather balls or stop tries. For me Dufty needs to be dropped.

I thought Vaughan was the standout prop for me tonight and Lawrie tried hard all game. All the rest of the forwards looked very ordinary. McCullough takled his heart out however, I did not see that 'special communication' with Hunt at all.

Our halves were poor tonight and most of the night, their kicking game was off.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Big improvement on the charity shield but Hook has a lot of work to do.

I didn't watch all the other games but Tigers and Dogs were at least as poor as us.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That hurts but at least they got back into it (then got a dodgy call that changed the game). Not good enough overall though and Dufty is always rocks and diamonds with more rocks at present. I hope Ramsay isn't too injured cause i'd like to see him given a go at fb. Kerr needs to go back to prop not 2nd row and Laurie/Vaughan were pretty good. Its a loss but there were some positives in the 2nd half at least.
The very slightest of tweaks and we win that game. Dufty needed to be moved in to 6, Ramsey to 1 and Wiliame on the wing.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
3 initial observations:

1. Bird is not a centre.
2. You put Kerr on the edge to challenge the line in attack but dont give him the ball, especially close to the line.
3. Each player needs to eat, sleep, crap and shower with a football in their hands. It neefs to become an extension of themselves.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That was disappointing - got drenched and more importantly watched a team have a good go but way too many mistakes to win an NRL game.

Good news:
Vaughan
Lawrie
Hunt (put a big effort in )

Bad News:
No Back Row whatsoever
Simms
Kerr
Fuimaono all not up to scratch

Further Bad News;
No options to cover them.
plus Clune is just a passenger
Vaughan great in the second half, Lawrie great all game, Hunt picked his kicking game up by halftime. Fuimaono nothing special at lock, looked dangerous when he replaced Sims. Dufty was terrible as a fullback. We would be better off with someone like Corey Thompson tbh who isn't flashy but gets the job done.

kit66

Bench
As much as I’m a Saints man I can’t see that. Gummies handled the conditions better than us, showed more guile and also had a lot of bloody luck...grrrrr.

They say you make your own luck and Cronulla did simply by holding the ball and completing their sets, everything else flowed from that. In contrast we make 15 errors and miss 42 tackles, completing just 23 / 35 sets, no-one wins doing that.

I listened to this game on ABC radio which meant listening to the commentators basically laugh at us for most of the game, incredulous at our ridiculous errors. It was embarrassing.
I'll make no further comment until I watch the replay but I'm pretty pissed off with that effort.

Heavy D

Juniors
I haven't read the thread, but seemed much better than last yr, 2 shit errors in goal, down by 14. Come roaring back, bird decks someone and ramsey scores, we are ahead and with all the momentum. They take the try back, sharks get all the luck and i'm not feeling as hopeless as last years (most of mary era).

thebigredv

First Grade
Scoreline was a fair reflection of the game. You cannot make that many errors and expect any different. Regardless of the bunker decision, we deserved to lose.

I can’t see us beating any team. I think it’d be easier to swallow if it were the young kids getting beat, similar to how the Knights were in 2016.

The no dummy half incident is cannot describe the team any better lol.

The fact we were still competing until the end, trying to force errors, trying our hand with the ball a bit was promising for mine.

Same result but if we can shift the curse of the 50/50 calls always going against us we might win a game or two this year.

We are about 4 players short of a decent side.

thebigredv

First Grade
I haven't read the thread, but seemed much better than last yr, 2 shit errors in goal, down by 14. Come roaring back, bird decks someone and ramsey scores, we are ahead and with all the momentum. They take the try back, sharks get all the luck and i'm not feeling as hopeless as last years (most of mary era).

Sums it up pretty well.

On a separate matter think I prefer the try or no try approach at this stage. Don't like having the points stripped in that fashion.

Como Connection

First Grade
3 initial observations:

1. Bird is not a centre.
2. You put Kerr on the edge to challenge the line in attack but dont give him the ball, especially close to the line.
3. Each player needs to eat, sleep, crap and shower with a football in their hands. It neefs to become an extension of themselves.
Bird needs more ball.
Has to play closer or fullback.
CC

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
They say you make your own luck and Cronulla did simply by holding the ball and completing their sets, everything else flowed from that. In contrast we make 15 errors and miss 42 tackles, completing just 23 / 35 sets, no-one wins doing that.

I listened to this game on ABC radio which meant listening to the commentators basically laugh at us for most of the game, incredulous at our ridiculous errors. It was embarrassing.
I'll make no further comment until I watch the replay but I'm pretty pissed off with that effort.
Well dont listen to Smiths as usual anti Dragons rubbish...fair dinkim that bloke death rides us at every opportunity...lucky his sidekick Alexander wasnt with him

Latest posts