What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Edition 1, 2021

Windy70

Juniors
Good win in a bad way. Interesting to see how Morris and the team deal with the issues ahead of next week.

On the board, good start.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Both Centers got injured in the Jets game today and Jesse will not be playing for a few weeks due to his pending suspension. Talakai needed back next week for sure. Although they'll probably go with Horrible Hiroti.

Card Shark

Immortal
Williams and Magoo should never be allowed to play for the sharks ever again.

I don’t like the ‘never’ word.

Both of these 2 are quite inexperienced & could well end up accomplished first graders.

I for 1 think they will be good assets in time.

Quicksilver

Bench
The back three letting the ball bounce let the Dragons back in to the game multiple times.

Kennedy did some good things but still needs to work on his safety.

Chimp

Juniors
Today re-affirmed my thoughts on that bench selection - DREADFUL, zero impact, and that’s on Morris. Other teams are bringing blokes off the bench who has some punch, bring some impact. Tolman was what Tolman is, a steady workhorse, can’t complain about him or his effort, but if you’re benching Tolman, you HAVE to have some players with some impact alongside him. Magoo and Tracey were completely wasted spots. I get Tracey on the bench as cover, but not alongside Magoo, it’s got to be one or the other.
Thought Kennedy looked very good, looks to be a lot more athletic this year, lost a bit of natural spongyness and looks far more muscular.

Chimp

Juniors
Oh, and I thought Chad had one of his better games, controlled things nicely.
Even though he nailed the conversions, they do still look like a complete lottery as to how they come off his boot, and whilst we got lucky with a couple of dropped balls from Dufty, I’d hate to think what will happen if we hit Papenhuyzen or Tedesco on the chest without a bounce as often as we found the Dragons back 3 on our kicks.

Quigs

Immortal
21.32hrs Qld time and I just got back from North Korea with Michael Palin. (S.B.S tv) I am about to be entertained with this Edition 1 progressive match report. I shall venture back in time and digest the informative minute by minute idiots reports.

Wish me luck as this shall be fun..

roboshark

Coach
21.32hrs Qld time and I just got back from North Korea with Michael Palin. (S.B.S tv) I am about to be entertained with this Edition 1 progressive match report. I shall venture back in time and digest the informative minute by minute idiots reports.

Wish me luck as this shall be fun..
Its not as wrist slittable as normal old mate

Quigs

Immortal
Twas a good read.

First game, shit weather, we got a win. They went out there to hold the ball and keep possession. We did that pretty well until I reckon the old fatigue kicked in.

There was enough there for me to see that we might have a decent season.

ghoti

Bench
Today re-affirmed my thoughts on that bench selection - DREADFUL, zero impact, and that’s on Morris. Other teams are bringing blokes off the bench who has some punch, bring some impact. Tolman was what Tolman is, a steady workhorse, can’t complain about him or his effort, but if you’re benching Tolman, you HAVE to have some players with some impact alongside him. .

I don't think Tolman's there for impact, but solely to cover defensive fatigue in the back end of half, he's suppoooosed to be the defensive glue we've been missing, and he did really well I thought, but were a couple of dud moments.

Bomber's got a difficult job of balancing available forwards with the bench, and I think there's a few realities that need to be grappled with in balancing the interchanges, i'm sure he's sweating on Talakai's return

Latest posts