What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me about the Jets?

ghoti

Bench
Think we need to bring back a sharks reserve grade team. Need to have full control over the team, who plays where and how they play. Bomber not happy with a few positions already.

half our NRL side has come through winning NSW Cup Jets teams so can't see why you'd change a functioning system..

2019 NSW Cup Grand Final Side
1. Will Kennedy
2. Katoa
4. Mulitalo
7. Trindall
8. Rudolph
9. Blake Brailey
13. Magoulis
14. Wilton
15. Talakai
16. Vasquez

Ads

First Grade
half our NRL side has come through winning NSW Cup Jets teams so can't see why you'd change a functioning system..

2019 NSW Cup Grand Final Side
1. Will Kennedy
2. Katoa
4. Mulitalo
7. Trindall
8. Rudolph
9. Blake Brailey
13. Magoulis
14. Wilton
15. Talakai
16. Vasquez
Ideally you’d have players practising exactly what you want so they can work on or fulfill the needs of the nrl team. Can’t do that when your in a half baked team. Most of those guys came through juniors at the sharks anyways. There’s a player who this week was not played where the club would like. That’s a problem IMO. Reserve grade should be function purely to serve the nrl squad.

Ads

First Grade
Also, IF we are going the Bellamy coaching director route (or any other person in that role), you’d want a streamline path to the nrl team. Create club wide patterns of play etc so they can step into their positions in the nrl squad knowing what is expected.

R-15-3

Juniors
Think we need to bring back a sharks reserve grade team. Need to have full control over the team, who plays where and how they play. Bomber not happy with a few positions already.
They will stick with the jets for the money it saves them. The club have said how they have got operations down as slim as they can and talking up how low we have our running costs. This day and age every dollar counts.

Tiger Shark

Bench

You know that for a fact he's not happy with a few positions ?

ghoti

Bench
Also, IF we are going the Bellamy coaching director route (or any other person in that role), you’d want a streamline path to the nrl team. Create club wide patterns of play etc so they can step into their positions in the nrl squad knowing what is expected.

you mean Craig Bellamy, coach of the most successful franchise in the 21st Century with that famous Melbourne Storm reserve grade side? the Storm have happily split their reserves across multiple teams in the QRL and NSWRL so i've never understood this notion that clubs need to have totally branded integrated NSW Cup sides.. i think Cronulla has actually benefitted more from the Jets association than that talking points gives it credit for, both on and off field.

just because the NSW Cup side wears a Jets jersey doesn't mean their systems aren't integrated, the Jets clearly play a style similar to the Sharks and do as all reserve grade sides do and balance the goal of winning games with the goal of development of those outside the NRL 17. this holds true for the Magpies, Bears, Blacktown, Mounties, etc in NSW Cup...their issues aren't with the jersey the reserve grade side turns out in

ftr i'm a huge fan of a strong NSW Cup as a local competition with a distinct appeal to the NRL, so am against suggestions to weaken its value as an expression of the game for the sake of the NRL clubs.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Interesting stats coming out of Jets game, always hard tell by stats alone.
Looks like Fifita had good game.
I notice Hazeltons figures look very good, we could do worse then retain him, as he would be on nothing.
Hamlins figures looked good as well.

I will watch the sharks game tonight but from reading the thread a lot of negative towards Williams and Magoo, maybe we have two ready made replacement

shaggs

Coach
Interesting stats coming out of Jets game, always hard tell by stats alone.
Looks like Fifita had good game.
I notice Hazeltons figures look very good, we could do worse then retain him, as he would be on nothing.
Hamlins figures looked good as well.

I will watch the sharks game tonight but from reading the thread a lot of negative towards Williams and Magoo, maybe we have two ready made replacement
Both unlikely to be in the top 30

Stake Removed

First Grade
any idea why metcalf didn’t play? Injured?
Trindall was dropped back into the team.
I would have thought Metcalf would have been moved to fullback, can only assume injured.

Kayle Milne was a reserve he has dropped so far down pecking order now

shaggs

Coach
Trindall was dropped back into the team.
I would have thought Metcalf would have been moved to fullback, can only assume injured.

Kayle Milne was a reserve he has dropped so far down pecking order now
Milne was never in the pecking order. They live in hope that his desire catches his physical strengths

Jets side this weekend vs the Knights

NEWTOWN JETS TEAM: ROUND 2 V NEWCASTLE

1. Luke Metcalf (Kris Gale & Brasco)
2. Edward Aiono (Golden Barley Hotel)
3. Jonah Ngaronoa (Charles Bailey Urbane Property Inner West)
4. Kayal Iro (John Cahill & Jennifer Malone)
5. Honeti Tuha (Golden Barley Hotel)
6. Jack A Williams (Adam Whyte)
7. Manaia Rudolph (The Daaboul Family)
8. Thomas Hazelton (Mark Dewar)
9. Zac Woolford (Glen Archibald)
10. Daniel Vasquez (Dave Nelson & Steven Helmich)
11. Kayleb Milne (Manoosh Pizzeria)
12. Bronson Garlick (Nifty Foods)
13. Gabe Hamlin (Loudon & Vaughan Private Wealth)

Interchange:
14. Monty Raper (BRI Ferrier & Label Plus)
15. Kyle Paterson (Wayne Leong & Kim Fuller)
16. Brock Gray (Good Fellows Sports & Socks)
22. Dylan O’Connor (SMI – Sports Medicine

https://www.newtownjets.com/round-2...MCORPopb5I0tjGnyKYbR8UgZl8YDoF2lwJCkkEjJzlCu0

Latest posts