What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramsey No Try

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The ball did go backwards. They just didn't bother to look for whatever reason. Sharks had all the calls go their way and were also able to create more luck for themselves by playing the conditions and respecting the ball more.

I just find it difficult given that in July last year two refs lost their position for handing the Sharks a try that wasn't when Dufty had grounded the ball. Lost the game by 4 points. It completely turned the game yesterday. Heaven forbid it were to happen to the Storm or Roosters but we just cop it, twice.

It's embarrassing for the game and majorly costly for us.
From what I saw even if it was a no try at very least it was a double knock on, Sharks first meaning we should have got the ball back. On another note though Ramsey is an absolute ripper.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
How about Wood’s try. Clearly pulled down short of the line, sent up no try with ref believing it was short of the line, his momentum is stopped then a sneaky little lift to get the ball on the line and video ref says momentum got him to the line. Pleeeaaassseee. The video ref screwed us multiple times last night
Yep and Im pretty sure Wood said to their trainer no try

Last edited:

Gippsy

Bench
I think the rule has merit, but only for the howlers. Not for the ones that you have to watch 20 times, in slow motion, and it is still indecisive.

kit66

Bench
How about Wood’s try. Clearly pulled down short of the line, sent up no try with ref believing it was short of the line, his momentum is stopped then a sneaky little lift to get the ball on the line and video ref says momentum got him to the line. Pleeeaaassseee. The video ref screwed us multiple times last night

The commentators on ABC radio both said double movement as soon as that was scored.

If we keep getting the Bunker overruling awarded tries as in the Ramsey case the fans will stop cheering when a team scores because it night be overturned. It would be a bit embarrassing screaming your head off then they say aaah no try. Stupid, stupid rule. Any uncertainty and it should be sent to the Bunker before any try is awarded.

Wade Graham is almost as bad as Cam Smith at getting in the refs ear all game too.

SnowDragon

Juniors
The commentators on ABC radio both said double movement as soon as that was scored.

If we keep getting the Bunker overruling awarded tries as in the Ramsey case the fans will stop cheering when a team scores because it night be overturned. It would be a bit embarrassing screaming your head off then they say aaah no try. Stupid, stupid rule. Any uncertainty and it should be sent to the Bunker before any try is awarded.

Wade Graham is almost as bad as Cam Smith at getting in the refs ear all game too.

Yeah, I kinda get pissed off with the “chummy” behaviour between Wade Graham and the ref. Clearly last night it could be argued that it influenced the refs decisions.

I happened to make the same comment to a mate during the match

redv13

Bench

Thanks for confirming what I thought. 1st we’re screwed for the Ramsey try, bunker overturns refs on field decision then the same again with Woods, sent up short no try and over turned again. f**k off Steve Chiddy ya muppet

Dragon David

First Grade
I think even Woodsy was surprised the try was awarded going by his shock look on his face. So many dud and unfair calls went against us last night and with so many other calls over years and years - maybe I'm being over exaggerating but it seems that way.

kit66

Bench
Anyone know how J.Hunt, Ford and Ellis went in reserves ?
I wasn't impressed with Poasa's turn out. It might be good to carry 4 forwards on the bench for the trip to NQ, they're a big side with plenty of grunt off the bench.

2010Dragons

Bench
The interesting part of that try / no try is I thought the ball went backwards off Birds forearm so play on for me.
Also I thought that Bird got the ball down quickly in the corner but for some reason they were only showing footage from the far side of the ground.
Maybe I’m one eyed so please correct me if I’m speaking utter sh!t.
You are 100 % correct. I was only 2 metres away on the fence where Ramsey scored.
the ball went BACKWARDS from bird, it was a legit try.
But once again we get ripped off by the dodge incompetent referees.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I noticed than none of the 'contentious" bunker decisions made it on to Annesley's weekly review.
You would have thought that given the impact they had on the game they would have been front and centre.
Instead we got:

Tupouniua's try which became a no try by the bunker, which should have been a try, with the explanation of being too technical. This situation had little impact on the game btw with the Roosters winning 46 - 4

Mimorovsky's try which became no try. Fair enough, but pretty clear cut decision. Also had little impact as Panthers won 24 - blot

Captains challenge which was overruled by the bunker which shouldn't have been. Again no impact on the game.

Pretty poor selection of videos tbh, yes decisions highlighted how they get things wrong and occasionally right but these weren't highly contentious ehich severely impacted the result of a game.
Maybe 3 blatant errors was too much to explain and would have the Dragons fans breathing more fire at the NRL.
It will be interesting which game/s Chiddy bunkers down on this coming round.

redv13

Bench
I noticed than none of the 'contentious" bunker decisions made it on to Annesley's weekly review.
You would have thought that given the impact they had on the game they would have been front and centre.
Instead we got:

Tupouniua's try which became a no try by the bunker, which should have been a try, with the explanation of being too technical. This situation had little impact on the game btw with the Roosters winning 46 - 4

Mimorovsky's try which became no try. Fair enough, but pretty clear cut decision. Also had little impact as Panthers won 24 - blot

Captains challenge which was overruled by the bunker which shouldn't have been. Again no impact on the game.

Pretty poor selection of videos tbh, yes decisions highlighted how they get things wrong and occasionally right but these weren't highly contentious ehich severely impacted the result of a game.
Maybe 3 blatant errors was too much to explain and would have the Dragons fans breathing more fire at the NRL.
It will be interesting which game/s Chiddy bunkers down on this coming round.

The annoying part in the Ramsey debacle was
1. Gough ruled a try on field
2. Badger the sideline official would have been in line with the play and obviously had no issue with it or Gough would have sent it up no try
3. Fox commentary said backwards off bird
4. The camera angle replay that Chiddy was talking his decision through was BEHIND the try line and in no way a reliable angle to say that the ball travelled forward off Birds arm.
Huge moment in the game and we had the Sharks down and out at that point of the game. Huge momentum killer.

boardlumps62

Juniors
The interesting part of that try / no try is I thought the ball went backwards off Birds forearm so play on for me.
Also I thought that Bird got the ball down quickly in the corner but for some reason they were only showing footage from the far side of the ground.
Maybe I’m one eyed so please correct me if I’m speaking utter sh!t.
I haven't replayed but watching it tonight on Fox commentators said Birds hand knocked the ball out of defenders arms with his hand ball going forward that's it what happens after that irrelevant.
PS and I bleed Red and White.

Latest posts