What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Once a dickhead.....

The_Frog

First Grade
If this type of ‘joke’ or innuendo is worthy of a warning note, the Matty John’s show is in big trouble moving forward
The difference is, Matty Johns and his goons are no longer NRL players, and in fact the NRL is as dependent on them and their employer for its livelihood as current players are on the NRL. You don't upset someone who could f**k you up.

Ret

Juniors
Nope, no problem outside of that. Young people go out, get wasted and f**k. They always will. I don't think he said anything offensive outside of that - but I do think it was revealing as an off-the-cuff remark.

I'm not a puratin - I just do have an issue with people treating or thinking of anyone as sub-human. Once you get to that point, it's much easier to justify bad behaviour - and at the risk of triggering the f**k out of a bunch of alpha males in here - it's not hard to link this way of thinking to what a feminist would call "rape culture". Language is really important - it shapes the way culture and society thinks. This particular issue definitely affects women much higher proportionally than men, which is why it's generally a womens/feminist issue - but the rule is a blanket rule. Every human deserves the respect and rights of being a human being and treated as such by those around them. I'm not particularly supportive of any group of people that reduces another group to objects/sub-human.

At the end of the day, it was a dumb thing to say and a little unmasking for him personally for mine... but I don't want to sit here and whinge about it or blow it up out of proportion either. Depending on the interpretation the dude might have some problematic views on women - and I hope he gets a tap on the shoulder to that effect - and that the NRL have active programs to educate this out of the ranks. That's pretty much it for mine, you move on.

This. I’m not “triggered” by the fact that Rudolph has been educated. Best option available.
I believe that your average NRL level player is way better behaved than the average male of the same age. Young blokes are learning all the time.
The hysteria from many here is both amusing and disappointing.

Cactus

Juniors
With that haircut i'd say he probably swings either way, and may be open to the odd sheep or two.

Odd ?

Sheep everywhere....just like this fella here are mightily triggered by this over the top offensive slur on our good name as sheep

sheep.jpg

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Society has the issue, not just the game. Next time your mate mentions how toey he is for a tinder date to breeze through pull him up on it eh?

Otherwise it's just virtue signaling, which as mentioned is the snowflake thing to do in recent times with nothing else important on their plate.

Not triggered by the warning, just have a good old chuckle at those who are offended.

My mate isn't a professional rugby league player in a TV interview. He can say he wants to get stoned, root anything, swing his dick in public, whatever.

Why is that so hard to understand. What Rudolf did wasn't a big deal. I'm not triggered, I'm not a snowflake, I'm not offended. Wasn't funny either, mind you.

The game has an issue with the treatment of women which is why Andrew Abdo isn't going to be seen to be condoning it. Rudolf got a warning. There's no need to be worried about that. It was just a reminder that you shouldn't, as an NRL player that the public (rightly or wrongly) scrutinise the behaviour of, talk about wanting to f**k any standard of person (he meant women but let's all pretend we're woke for the sake of this) on a night out.

Chimp

Bench
My mate isn't a professional rugby league player in a TV interview. He can say he wants to get stoned, root anything, swing his dick in public, whatever.

Why is that so hard to understand. What Rudolf did wasn't a big deal. I'm not triggered, I'm not a snowflake, I'm not offended. Wasn't funny either, mind you.

The game has an issue with the treatment of women which is why Andrew Abdo isn't going to be seen to be condoning it. Rudolf got a warning. There's no need to be worried about that. It was just a reminder that you shouldn't, as an NRL player that the public (rightly or wrongly) scrutinise the behaviour of, talk about wanting to f**k any standard of person (he meant women but let's all pretend we're woke for the sake of this) on a night out.
And counselling.... counselling for making innuendo, taking the piss out of yourself....

myrrh ken

First Grade

Just because the nrl has an image problem doesn't mean they should penalise a nothing comment.

He was actually saying the opposite and taking the piss out of someone who got caught enjoying a bun.

the progressive SNOWFLAKES don't understand or recognise Humour.

They are poor people and the rest pf us are stuck with them because their stupid ideology has infested schools and now big corporations.

The human race is a lot poorer than it used to be in the 80s and 90s when people understood nuance and satire.

The matty johns cast are not representing the NRL or a club. News ltd has no morals so they are safe!
TBF he could still be funny, a character, a larrikin etc etc without the derogatory remarks (as some may see them), the cheese seems to be doing ok in that dept. Personally I didn't think it was warranting such attention but I can see given whats happening in UK with the woman's murder and here with the rape allegation that we are in a sensitive time. The daily death of a woman from DV also is pretty damning for our country and our men of this country and it starts somewhere. Objectification of women isnt ok, players better wise up quickly.
Is this the first time you've agreed with Vlandys??
Im so proud that it took a Sharks player to bring you two together!

SharkShocked

Bench

This right here highlights the exact problem society has. Not interested in fixing the issue at home, with mates, where 99% of the problems lie and spread. You are worried about a comment from a person in front of a camera in jest taken out of context.

Meanwhile your mate swinging his dick, getting stoned, rooting anything he wants is probably likely to become the next statistic of violence against women or his offspring will.

When you actually care about the problem let's talk until then you can go on crying about the public image of the NRL.

betcats

Referee
This right here highlights the exact problem society has. Not interested in fixing the issue at home, with mates, where 99% of the problems lie and spread. You are worried about a comment from a person in front of a camera in jest taken out of context.

Meanwhile your mate swinging his dick, getting stoned, rooting anything he wants is probably likely to become the next statistic of violence against women or his offspring will.

When you actually care about the problem let's talk until then you can go on crying about the public image of the NRL.

Abdo isnt there to fix society's problems that isnt part of his job description. Protecting the NRLs public image certainly is though, its not rocket science. Rudolfs comments were harmless but at the same time it would not be good for the NRL if footy players started joking about trying to "pull something" in every interview. The bloke got a warning its not a big deal.

It is a big deal.

Its an extra erosion in the fight against the progressive SNOWFLAKES

Free speech is the most important thing we have and just because someone is offended is no reason to stop it

I'm just as offended by the topic name....

But no; the SNOWFLAKES can bag off anyone they want and then go and hide behind their mummies' aprons.

Society, as a whole, is worse off than it was when everyone could take a joke.

NewySteel

Juniors
It is a big deal.

Its an extra erosion in the fight against the progressive SNOWFLAKES

Free speech is the most important thing we have and just because someone is offended is no reason to stop it

I'm just as offended by the topic name....

But no; the SNOWFLAKES can bag off anyone they want and then go and hide behind their mummies' aprons.

Society, as a whole, is worse off than it was when everyone could take a joke.

I didn’t realise Paul Murray had a LU account

SharkShocked

Bench
Abdo isnt there to fix society's problems that isnt part of his job description. Protecting the NRLs public image certainly is though, its not rocket science. Rudolfs comments were harmless but at the same time it would not be good for the NRL if footy players started joking about trying to "pull something" in every interview. The bloke got a warning its not a big deal.

I'll worry when there's more videos leaking of blokes putting their feet on women's heads when 'getting laid' as opposed to a bloke having a harmless joke as you so accurately put it. I know which one is more degrading and offensive to women.

But each to their own.

myrrh ken

First Grade
If we are getting rid of perceived latent misogyny, then ban the Canberra Raiders as well IE people renowned for pillaging and raping. It's not just the Viking people that are being promoted but the actual raiding parties themselves. Ban em

We need to ban the name Roosters as a team logo. That is a total male name and doesn't belong in todays' progressive "woke" society.

We need to recall the team, the Sydney Fowl Birds.

JamesRustle

First Grade
If we are getting rid of perceived latent misogyny, then ban the Canberra Raiders as well IE people renowned for pillaging and raping. It's not just the Viking people that are being promoted but the actual raiding parties themselves. Ban em
And every team that absolutely rogered the Broncos without consent last year... we all sat back and enjoyed it, some even laughed and called for more of the same this year.