What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toby warned

snout

First Grade
I love the guy.
Would love to spend an arvo with the bloke drinking beers at northies.
What a hoot.

Imagine spending 2 minutes with the fun-hating culture cancellers who got offended...would deadset slit your wrists.

R-15-3

Bench
The NRL needs to step in and ban the Viking Clap!! Promoting thats it’s ok is not on.

Jesus you're really playing some mental gymnastics in here fellas...you know exactly what he was referring to when he meant when he said 'anything will do.' It's clear as day. I expected the forum to be all 'PC has gone mad,' but if you're gonna have that opinion have the balls to state that you know exactly what he was referring to instead of trying to pretend "he could have been referring to pulling beers," f**ken hell.

The offence is obviously not the 1000 beers comment, it's that he's referring to women as objects, he's saying that he'll f**k any "THING." And it's not even about 'offence' or 'comedy' it's about hurt. If a woman of any age, a middle age woman, a young one, a kid...if they watched the game and enjoyed it and like Rudolph and hear him turn around and suggest that shit... and then it stings to realise that's what he might think of them if he saw them at Northies that night, it's the beginning of them being lost to the game.

You shouldn't need an empathy consultant or have to think of your wife, or girlfriend, or relative or daughter to imagine what it's like to see them feel hurt by shit like this...and this just absolutely isn't in the same context as the absurd lengths you're reaching for to justify it or consider it overblown.

You want your edgelord comedy that's all out there and seeks to offend and f**k you if you're offended etc etc...then you have so many avenues for that naff shit. No one needs it on TV from their footy players in a time when we're trying to have the game seen as a healthy and safe cultural extension for people of all race and genders.

Of COURSE the NRL are gonna respond to that, like how dumb are you to think they wouldn't??? And yeah, of course it's the media and Matty John's in particular pushing players to say shit for clicks...but that doesn't make it passable in the year 2021 ffs. Rudolf will get some basic media training and told the difference between his comments and the Cheese's comments and he'll be a better man for it. That's good for the game as a whole and it's wild that you're all resisting it so hard
You fool
http://chng.it/Pw2cW7gn

R-15-3

Bench
TBH it could be a good thing, Toby is the type of guy who will love the attention and I bet he will put in a massive effort this week knowing more eyes are on him.
Can’t wait for the post match interview, he will be carful but I bet he has a honey badger bell ringer to go!!! Can’t wait!!

Quigs

Immortal
I'm gathering most of you here have heard how woman talk about going out and picking up???.

Yeah that really pissed me off. Nearly everynight I stepped out to have a social drink the chics would just hover around and inappropriately manhandle me.

It wore thin as I knew to me that I was a lot more than just a mere sex object.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Current case of sexual assault before the courts after the accused got pissed is still in people's minds. I have intel that this would have been let go if not for the flood of complaints about a player saying he have 1000 beers (get pissed) and then pick up "anything"

Bigger picture people.

The tunnel vision in here is sickening. The Ramien hit was OK. This is OK. Because they are Sharks? Wake up!!

Marchad

Juniors
The NRL needs to step in and ban the Viking Clap!! Promoting thats it’s ok is not on.
Yeah it’s cultural appropriation and it’s not on. Also no white guys should be allowed to have dreadlocks as well and Toby’s top knot should go as well.

R-15-3

Bench
Imagine if a shark account used :gorilla::gorilla::gorilla::gorilla: in reference to a player and we just offered an apology and not stand the person down etc
Edit Gorilla emoji

myrrh ken

First Grade
It’s been lost on nearly every ‘commentator’ that the context was in reference to Rudolph being referred to as an old school type player. That’s when he said the 1000 beers and pick up stuff....ie meaning that would have been done in the past.

He then very quickly said he’d actually be taking an ice bath.

To automatically suggest he’s a misogynist, or worse, is grossly unfair.
Yep he was taking the piss out of Matty Johns who is not exactly a cleanskin and the other drongos. It's called irony

Snoop Shark

First Grade
What a shambles of a world we live in. I know Toby personally and guess what? The guy has only grown up with women in his life. He came from a single parent family raised by his mum and grandmother who recently passed away. He has also grown up with his Aunty(also a single mother)and is a father figure to both her children. He was going to his Oma’s house every Sunday for pancakes up until her death. Why don’t we read about this?

Toby was taking the piss which was quite bloody evident and it’s time for all these do gooders to get a grip on life. Toby is one of the most respectful blokes you will ever meet. Get back to reporting on Adam Elliott you bloody flops

SharkShocked

Bench
What a shambles of a world we live in. I know Toby personally and guess what? The guy has only grown up with women in his life. He came from a single parent family raised by his mum and grandmother who recently passed away. He has also grown up with his Aunty(also a single mother)and is a father figure to both her children. He was going to his Oma’s house every Sunday for pancakes up until her death. Why don’t we read about this?

Toby was taking the piss which was quite bloody evident and it’s time for all these do gooders to get a grip on life. Toby is one of the most respectful blokes you will ever meet. Get back to reporting on Adam Elliott you bloody flops

None of that is relevant mate, because it is currently the 'in' thing to be offended by everything and virtue signal absolutely everything on behalf of everyone at all times, you shall not rest.

Current case of sexual assault before the courts after the accused got pissed is still in people's minds. I have intel that this would have been let go if not for the flood of complaints about a player saying he have 1000 beers (get pissed) and then pick up "anything"

Bigger picture people.

The tunnel vision in here is sickening. The Ramien hit was OK. This is OK. Because they are Sharks? Wake up!!
No it’s okay because it’s the okay. The Ramien hit was poor but there was absolutely nothing wring with what Rudolf said in the setting it was said!
How many times have the hosts of that show mentioned mistys R&T??