What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Got to give it to the Dragons. The last 2 signings no evidence of any rumours leading up to the signing at all. They keep it tight.
As per what I said on the Signings thread -
"We fans are kept in the dark for a good reason as to what is going on behind the scenes with recruitment etc. Any leak can destroy negotiations particularly as the player and the club want the best deal going forward and another club comes in with a better offer."

Inisai Toga

Juniors
As per what I said on the Signings thread -
"We fans are kept in the dark for a good reason as to what is going on behind the scenes with recruitment etc. Any leak can destroy negotiations particularly as the player and the club want the best deal going forward and another club comes in with a better offer."
Agreed

Dragon David

First Grade
Logical one yes, but keeps everyone on their toes. Can’t think of any forward that i’d classify as a certain upgrade. Way it should be!
This is definitely it Inisai. The forwards we have for 2021 are on notice that if they do not perform, they will end up in reserves and not be re-signed for 2022 now that Molo is on our books starting in 2022.

It is good to see that the recruitment department care of Ben Haran is looking at the long term future for new signings as well as retention bearing in mind we could also have JDB with us in 2021 which will be a bonus and the other clubs will be fearing us with our big hitters.

RedVDave

First Grade
Pretty good upgrade on Merrin & probably on similar money. Merrin likely to retire at the end of the season.

Rumoured to be $500K a season realty is we have to pay overs for players (thanks Mary) to attract them here remember when Bennett took over he said Brown didn't leave this in a basket case when Griffin got here he probably just said 2 words loudly.

Drakon

Juniors
Rumoured to be $500K a season realty is we have to pay overs for players (thanks Mary) to attract them here remember when Bennett took over he said Brown didn't leave this in a basket case when Griffin got here he probably just said 2 words loudly.
David Riccio on NRL Tonight quoted $1.6m to $1.8m for 3 years

BLM01

First Grade
David Riccio on NRL Tonight quoted $1.6m to $1.8m for 3 years
Sounds like he is guessing and rounding up a little.
If he knows the value then why the range?
Stretching it up sounds better though!
In saying all that Klemmer $1 mill, AFB 800 + Vaughan 600k
if we paid about 500 for this guy then we probably paid about 100 K a year too much but that is where we are as a club I don’t mind it we need a body and an effort player like him even if he is not one of the best props in the game

Latest posts