What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Once a dickhead.....

_Johnsy

Referee
It is a big deal.

Its an extra erosion in the fight against the progressive SNOWFLAKES

Free speech is the most important thing we have and just because someone is offended is no reason to stop it

I'm just as offended by the topic name....

But no; the SNOWFLAKES can bag off anyone they want and then go and hide behind their mummies' aprons.

Society, as a whole, is worse off than it was when everyone could take a joke.

I think you have a base level of the understanding of what free speech actually is, which isn't that surprising.

Free speech exists, the difference being that if you are representing your employers (Cronulla/NRL) there can be & should be consequences if what you say crosses the line re: your employers expectations/standards. The NRL's stance (personally i don't agree with) as his employer didn't see his comments as aligning with their values. As a result there are consequences for those comments.

When it comes to someone taking offence to comments, it isn't up to you to determine if they are offensive to someone. If they are not offensive to you, cool, move on (again I didn't see them as offensive, I saw them as moronic, but not offensive to me). The fact you need to denigrate anyone who takes offence to a particular comment, well that speaks volumes.

"the SNOWFLAKES can bag off anyone they want" I hope you see the irony is this comment you made.

Free speech isn't the most important thing we have, if you think it is, you've set the bar way too low IMO.

martielang

Bench
It's weird the extreme tangents some are taking this on.

Toby, next time maybe don't talk about 'pulling anything' at 8pm on national TV? Seems pretty reasonable & simple to me. What professional organization in the world wouldn't have that view? He got a warning not an astronomical fine or suspension.

_Johnsy

Referee
He got a WARNING. Don't you get it. He is trying to be CONTROLLED

You Woke Snowflakes are horrid human beings....
An alternate, slightly more considered take could be. His employer is ensuring he sticks to the conditions of his employment, which he freely agreed to & signed a legally binding contract to that effect (in which he has obligations to adhere to).

I understand this premise might be difficult for some to grasp.

Craigshark

First Grade
It's weird the extreme tangents some are taking this on.

Toby, next time maybe don't talk about 'pulling anything' at 8pm on national TV? Seems pretty reasonable & simple to me. What professional organization in the world wouldn't have that view? He got a warning not an astronomical fine or suspension.

the very show he made the comment on says far worse a lot more often.

The employer has the right to tell him how to perform on the field. Thats it

We need to get HR people out of organisations. you are attempting to destroy the world.

Your job is to check on sick leave and that's it!!!

I think you have a base level of the understanding of what free speech actually is, which isn't that surprising.

Free speech exists, the difference being that if you are representing your employers (Cronulla/NRL) there can be & should be consequences if what you say crosses the line re: your employers expectations/standards. The NRL's stance (personally i don't agree with) as his employer didn't see his comments as aligning with their values. As a result there are consequences for those comments.

When it comes to someone taking offence to comments, it isn't up to you to determine if they are offensive to someone. If they are not offensive to you, cool, move on (again I didn't see them as offensive, I saw them as moronic, but not offensive to me). The fact you need to denigrate anyone who takes offence to a particular comment, well that speaks volumes.

"the SNOWFLAKES can bag off anyone they want" I hope you see the irony is this comment you made.

Free speech isn't the most important thing we have, if you think it is, you've set the bar way too low IMO.

I'm sorry you are horridly wrong.

FREE SPEECH is the No 1 thing in the world. That is why it is the FIRST amendment in the USA constitution.

Free speech doesn't exist in this context and you have explained why in your first paragraph. But it is not the NRLs right to tell individuals how they should or shouldn't behave especially when the people who pay the NRL the millions that it exists on, FOX are the ones who are part of the discussion. FOX could just as easily go to the NRL and say; hey; cut out trying to tell us how to run our programs and our interviews, we are paying you, the NRL and we are keeping you afloat.

It is a bunch of glorified elitists trying to keep the individual down.

One persons opinion vrs another persons opinion, that is all it is.

And your second paragraph explains what is wrong with society. If you find a joke not funny; then don't watch. FFs, its that easy. Don't try and spoil other people's fun. YOU and everyone else have NO RIGHT to do that, at all, ever!!!!

So yes, thanks' for agreeing with me and proving my point.

_Johnsy

Referee

FREE SPEECH is the No 1 thing in the world. That is why it is the FIRST amendment in the USA constitution.

Free speech doesn't exist in this context and you have explained why in your first paragraph. But it is not the NRLs right to tell individuals how they should or shouldn't behave especially when the people who pay the NRL the millions that it exists on, FOX are the ones who are part of the discussion. FOX could just as easily go to the NRL and say; hey; cut out trying to tell us how to run our programs and our interviews, we are paying you, the NRL and we are keeping you afloat.

And your second paragraph explains what is wrong with society. If you find a joke not funny; then don't watch. FFs, its that easy. Don't try and spoil other people's fun. YOU and everyone else have NO RIGHT to do that, at all, ever!!!!

I dumbed it down for you & you still missed the point I made & that's ok. I do find it amusing that you're telling me I am wrong when I actually agreed with parts of your post (which you stated).
"The NRL's stance (personally i don't agree with)"
"If they are not offensive to you, cool, move on (again I didn't see them as offensive, I saw them as moronic, but not offensive to me)."

On which point I made am I wrong. Comprehension doesn't seem to isn't a strong suit of yours, please re-read what I typed and inform me where I am wrong.

So how am i spoiling other peoples fun? By offering an alternate view? FFS grow up.

If you want to chat with the adults, try and engage your grey matter more, you won't appear as daft as you do.

edited

The first amendment protects your right to free speech, it doesn't protect you from the consequences of those words you choose to use. If you honestly fail to see the difference between the two, you are beyond help.

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade

Hey what's the weather like in 1982?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is a big deal.

Its an extra erosion in the fight against the progressive SNOWFLAKES

Free speech is the most important thing we have and just because someone is offended is no reason to stop it

I'm just as offended by the topic name....

But no; the SNOWFLAKES can bag off anyone they want and then go and hide behind their mummies' aprons.

Society, as a whole, is worse off than it was when everyone could take a joke.

you seem to be the one having the meltdown lol

And here we go with the whole GET WOKE and GO BROKE ideology.

Yes, you guys want to take all the entertainment out of the game and kill it

Look at the Grammys, went Woke, record low ratings.

Look at the Superbowl, went Woke, record low raitngs

Look at the NBA, went Woke, record low ratings..

and now you Woke weaklings want to come for NRL..

Leave our glorious game alone and go and play pixies with your LGBQT partners.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
And here we go with the whole GET WOKE and GO BROKE ideology.

Yes, you guys want to take all the entertainment out of the game and kill it

Look at the Grammys, went Woke, record low ratings.

Look at the Superbowl, went Woke, record low raitngs

Look at the NBA, went Woke, record low ratings..

and now you Woke weaklings want to come for NRL..

Leave our glorious game alone and go and play pixies with your LGBQT partners.
For a homophobe your username sounds like something that you probably insert into your anus.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
This right here highlights the exact problem society has. Not interested in fixing the issue at home, with mates, where 99% of the problems lie and spread. You are worried about a comment from a person in front of a camera in jest taken out of context.

Meanwhile your mate swinging his dick, getting stoned, rooting anything he wants is probably likely to become the next statistic of violence against women or his offspring will.

When you actually care about the problem let's talk until then you can go on crying about the public image of the NRL.

You know what the problem with society is? Parenting. If you want to go down that rabbit hole, more than happy to. The issues at home are either attributable to parenting or influence from others who are poorly parented. By and large. There are more shit parents around than ever before.

Andrew Abdo can't be the parent of every child in society, so he controls what he can - which is the image of the game he's in charge of. And so he should.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If we are getting rid of perceived latent misogyny, then ban the Canberra Raiders as well IE people renowned for pillaging and raping. It's not just the Viking people that are being promoted but the actual raiding parties themselves. Ban em

No, that would be dumb. No one associates it with that. You're being silly.

Latest posts