What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R2 Thu - Parramatta 16-12 Melbourne @ Bankwest

Round 2: Parramatta v Melbourne

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBD82

Coach
Not sure why folks still give RCG shit, he was shit towards the end at Penrith but he's been very good for us.

Gutho is the King
I think he’s been great for you, plays his role very well. But he’s just not a pack leader.

Gutho is a total Gutho.

Someguy

First Grade
It’s completely legal to smash a bloke lying on the ground who isn’t held. Next time someone tries that, the biggest prop on the other team should come screaming in and absolutely flatten the prick.

nope! Sam burgees got charged for putting a big hit on a voluntarily prone player

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Geez if your takeaway from this game is that voluntary tackles in the dying minutes is the issue then you missed most the game. Storm chucked 800 forward passes and literally dropped an elbow on a blokes skull.

Complain about that rather than gamesmanship in the last five.

Wizardman

First Grade
There is no rule, it's a wives tale.
I saw St Helens lose an ESL final (I don't remember if it was a semi or gf) due to a voluntary tackle. Chris Joynt gave away the penalty, the opposition kicked the goal to win the game.

JohnDoe

Juniors
It’s completely legal to smash a bloke lying on the ground who isn’t held. Next time someone tries that, the biggest prop on the other team should come screaming in and absolutely flatten the prick.

Would players voluntarily lay on the ground as they do knowing that they will be a target for the defensive team to be as you smashed, or are they more likely to actually attempt to stay on their feet and attempt to run the ball towards the defence. I would think that it would more than liekly be the latter

myrrh ken

First Grade
Would players voluntarily lay on the ground as they do knowing that they will be a target for the defensive team to be as you smashed, or are they more likely to actually attempt to stay on their feet and attempt to run the ball towards the defence. I would think that it would more than liekly be the latter

They could always run backwards Tony iron style

Bazal

Post Whore
Geez if your takeaway from this game is that voluntary tackles in the dying minutes is the issue then you missed most the game. Storm chucked 800 forward passes and literally dropped an elbow on a blokes skull.

Complain about that rather than gamesmanship in the last five.

Particularly because, if the Storm had been in front, they'd have been doing from the 65th minute...it's always happened in the last minute or so and probably always will

Eelementary

Post Whore
The rules are f**ked - that cowardly piece of shit thug takes out one of our players, so we are a man down, and he gets to stay on the field.

Panthers fans - please tell James Fisher-Harris to make Kaufusi his batch next week.

shear_joy9

Coach
Such arrogance from Bellamy thinking he could turn a career spud in Gennings into a first grade player.

and doesn’t Olam supposedly have a degree in physics or something? I assume it’s one of those degrees awarded while in international waters because he makes some complete bone head decisions in games

This Year?

Immortal
That was a very gritty win from the Eels. Lane, Niukore, Moses and Gutherson were absolutely outstanding. RCG, Sivo and Mahoney were excellent as well. That defence esp on their line reminded me of the Eels of the early rounds from last year.

The Storm needed much more from Hughes in that game and I felt they played too much 1 out especially in the 1st half. Papenhuyzen had a great game though. Olam done fantastic before he threw the game away with that kick. Smith had a really tough night but he kept soldiering on.
I rarely praise the refs, but I thought Klein done really well tonight.

Latest posts