What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1. VS cheating Mexican merkins

T.S Quint

Coach
3. Gutherson - those try saves were absolutely huge and kept us in the game. If he misses even one of those we probably lose.

2. Mahoney - simply fantastic last night. Engaged the markers, had some nice switch plays, and put Paulo over for a try.

1. Sivo - was between either him or Moses. Went with the bloke who ended up scoring. That last try would not have been an easy catch on the run.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Paulo - 1 well targeted try, 12 runs, 91m, 2ish decoy runs, 4TBs, 32 tackles, 2 shit ones
Not a dominant display but there were times you could really see him working to get into a position especially in defence to take on their big men. And then of course got into position to run at their small men. I want to rewatch it because I think that try was actually signalled 2-3 tackles before.

Rheed - 6 runs, 42m, 1 TB, 1 LBA/TA, 2 kicks for 91m, 59 tackles, 10 shit ones
Stats say he had a shit game... 6 runs merkin!?!? Stats clearly don’t show the amount of times he got clear of the ruck. Joey warned everyone of Bmith going one way then turning it back to Papjdnrzen. Oh well fire with fire merkins. That period in first half where Rheed had us cranking them back up middle was sexy as f**k. And those kicks were superbly timed. Missed tackles came about because he was trying to tackle every Scummer.

RCG - 17 runs, 154m, 60PCM, 3 TBs, 39 tackles, 6 shit ones
I’m with hindy on this. Not enough praise for RCG in the votes. He struggled for traction in first half but I reckon all his post contact metres came in 2nd half. He coming back on was a f**ken ambush. Absolutely ripped them apart.

Lane - 12 runs, 104m, 50 PCM, 10ish support runs, 41 tackles, 7 shit ones
Much improved! Plays so much better when he doesn’t drop ball

Matto - won’t give his stats. They probably would’ve ended similar to Lane. It wasn’t an edge runners game

Nrown - 16 runs, 135m, 1 TB, 40 tackles, 10 shit ones, a six again conceded for abusing Katfusi
I thought we were living on edge with him steaming onto passes and then popping passes at the line, but can’t blame him for being risky if he doesn’t make a mistake. I mitigate his missed tackles because he was the only one to abuse Katfusi

The Non-Merkin Kaufusi - 7 runs, 58m, 4ish decoy runs, 26 tackles, 5 shit ones, 1 error
Thought he was called on against their starters more this week. We didn’t get horrendously worse with him on but I still feel he needs to go to another level.

Papali’i - 9 runs, 72 tackles, 2 TBs, 43 tackles, 2 shit ones
Merkin not putting in!! But seriously he didn’t need to do much. Reckon Matto will be out next week. Have zero qualms if Papali’i moves into start.

Hipgrave - brought energy but not stats. Did one cracking tackle on Bmith I think it was.

Billy Smith - condensing 80 mins of just running around terrorising tired forward into 10 mins is perfect for Smith. Nothing onerous, just run and dance through gaps. I think that in dry conditions with some heads up support runners will create heaps of opportunities

You forgot Smith's catch from a Storm offload, when we were on the back foot.

That was a huge momentum shift towards us, imo.

parra pete

Referee
He is a super sub. With a pack going forward he could be our x factor. Unsure if he has ever played constantly behind a strong pack or always behind weaker ones?

I am fan of Will Smith also..I know a lot of people on this site don't rate him...but he offers plenty when he gets his chance.. Excellent bench player who can cover plenty of spots....

Eelementary

Post Whore
He is a super sub. With a pack going forward he could be our x factor. Unsure if he has ever played constantly behind a strong pack or always behind weaker ones?

I agree.

Will Smith is a footballer - pardon the cliché, but it's true.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree.

Will Smith is a footballer - pardon the cliché, but it's true.

He will never be a starter unless injuries. But he is a great foil. Fast and elusive and has all the skills. Smart passing game, strong runner. But the best part is defenses do not target him or set a game plan to defend him. At 28 he has experience and a far smarter player.
I hope we persist with the guy for the utility role. He offers far more then Stone or Hipgrave

Eelementary

Post Whore
He will never be a starter unless injuries. But he is a great foil. Fast and elusive and has all the skills. Smart passing game, strong runner. But the best part is defenses do not target him or set a game plan to defend him. At 28 he has experience and a far smarter player.
I hope we persist with the guy for the utility role. He offers far more then Stone or Hipgrave

Completely agree.

I am really happy to have Will on the bench.

He can cover hooker, but he can also provide cover in the backs.

Latest posts