What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Funny that, i have a match worn penrith panthers jersey from the 90s, and the famous pub trivia question was "who made the licorice allsorts panthers jersey?" The general consensus goes Dahdah uniforms, obviously as they are the major sponsor, but they never made footy gear, just work gear, police uniforms etc... but it's actually peerless international.

The tag on the jumper has their phone number etched onto it.... extremely Australian! Peerless international
Now back then jerseys weren't as step to pay for, but the quality was extremely good, $160 sent on a peerless jersey is well worth it, better than the drivel that gets produced now
maybe it's time for the NRL to have a "made in Australia jersey" jersey policy ... support our local manufactures.

MugaB

Coach
maybe it's time for the NRL to have a "made in Australia jersey" jersey policy ... support our local manufactures.
I reckon any heritage jersey made for the clubs, should go thru them, and any new expansion club should be wearing a design made by them too, then after 5 years can change it up

ODC

Juniors
Funny that, i have a match worn penrith panthers jersey from the 90s, and the famous pub trivia question was "who made the licorice allsorts panthers jersey?" The general consensus goes Dahdah uniforms, obviously as they are the major sponsor, but they never made footy gear, just work gear, police uniforms etc... but it's actually peerless international.

The tag on the jumper has their phone number etched onto it.... extremely Australian! Peerless international
Now back then jerseys weren't as step to pay for, but the quality was extremely good, $160 sent on a peerless jersey is well worth it, better than the drivel that gets produced now

I have a feeling that Dahdah designed the jerseys, Peerless being the manufacturer.

DIEHARDTITAN

Juniors
Can we all combine our efforts and make a list of what 2021 club jerseys are made in Australia and where they are made?

Then make an info graphic and ask one of those big BUY AUSSIE fb pages to share it.

Nuke

Staff member

Good thing this didn't happen to the Roosters or Storm :joy:
Living in Perth, as I do, I saw one of the Castore polo shirts of that Eagles aussie rules team in a shop the other day. The major sponsors were on the right chest, and the Castore logo was on the left chest under the club logo ... but was about as large as the club logo. It pretty much overshadowed the club whose polo it is supposed to be for.
My thought was 'Why would a supporter buy a polo that's more about the manufacturer than the club you support?'.

I'm glad Newcastle aren't with them, if that's the sort of thing they're putting out.

flippikat

Bench
I hated these Dragons alternates when released, but they look great on field.

The navy stripes vs red stripes is visually appealing

While having the V outlined AND white stripes looks busy up close, from a distance it works somehow.

I hope they keep the idea of an 'outlined red V' when they do red alternate jerseys from now on.. whether it's accompanied with stripes or not, a red jersey with the red V outlined in white (or black if they wanna vary it up) makes a lot of sense & reinforces their "Red V" branding.

Saint Doc

Coach
While having the V outlined AND white stripes looks busy up close, from a distance it works somehow.

I hope they keep the idea of an 'outlined red V' when they do red alternate jerseys from now on.. whether it's accompanied with stripes or not, a red jersey with the red V outlined in white (or black if they wanna vary it up) makes a lot of sense & reinforces their "Red V" branding.

I think that’s been a common theme this year. Off the top of my head, I thought Dragons alternate, Parramatta alternate and Storm home were all disappointing up close. But on field I think they’ve all looked great.

I think that’s been a common theme this year. Off the top of my head, I thought Dragons alternate, Parramatta alternate and Storm home were all disappointing up close. But on field I think they’ve all looked great.

I agree on the dragons away kit. I nearly fell off my chair seeing it when released, looked like a puzzle.. but on the field I liked it. The puzzle on the front wasn’t that prominent in the run of play, and I liked the horizontal white lining. The sponsors integrate quite ok too.

We are the only club with a predominant red kit, glad we’ve played back to that strength. Especially after the “roadsign” of the last few years.

The only issue I have with the Dragons alternate is the numbers on the back - if the white lines are going to go all the way around, then the white numbers should have the "gap" filled in with either black or red (or black numbers with white or red trim). Otherwise the lines should stop around a box for the numbers. It just looks cheap with the white lines cutting through white numbers.

flippikat

Bench
The only issue I have with the Dragons alternate is the numbers on the back - if the white lines are going to go all the way around, then the white numbers should have the "gap" filled in with either black or red (or black numbers with white or red trim). Otherwise the lines should stop around a box for the numbers. It just looks cheap with the white lines cutting through white numbers.

Good call. A simple break in the stripes where the numbers go would work fine - having a big white or black box for the numbers kinda disrupts the "all red" vibe, and a black box would probably veer little too close to the Sharks jersey for some Dragons fans ;)