What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Tigerm

First Grade
Didn’t he make some comment about never having played finals and wanting to go to a successful team (might have been someone else I am thinking of).
Worked out well for him if that was the case.
It may have been my imagination, but he looked big (fatty) last week against the chooks?
I think we will be playing finals before Manly.:sweat_smile::joy:

Tigerm

First Grade
upload_2021-3-18_18-39-7.jpeg

Look, he is a real good player, but look at LM in today’s fox league photo.

I can see why he didn’t want to come here, Madge would of made him work:joy:

I wish we had him, but glad we didn’t get him.

Tigerm

First Grade
We play Knights and Eels in rounds 3 & 4, both have had good wins against good sides, I had thought we may get one of these sides, but if we go down to Easts, we are a big chance 0 & 4 for the first 4 rounds?
IMO, not wrist slitting if it happens, as long as we don’t lose out shit in the next 3 games.

Pezz70

Juniors
We’re bottom 4 propositions this year fans. I had myself on last year about this time thinking we would be too right propositions. Being realistic this year

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I am a huge fan of Elliot Whitehead from the Raiders....does anyone else think Tuki Simpkins could be a similar player? I saw Simpkins stats for last week and I think he could be (even at the lesser level these stats come from).

Whitehead is very underrated in some ways and if Tuki could be 90% of Whitehead he'd solve a lot of our problems with edge forwards.

Just my thoughts on a wet morning.....

BrotherJim05

Bench
We play Knights and Eels in rounds 3 & 4, both have had good wins against good sides, I had thought we may get one of these sides, but if we go down to Easts, we are a big chance 0 & 4 for the first 4 rounds?
IMO, not wrist slitting if it happens, as long as we don’t lose out shit in the next 3 games.

I actually hope we go 0&4. It will be a massive slap in the face to all Tigers players that they aren't taking NRL seriously enough. Then we will start racking up wins, build confidence, then momentum, then a late charge to our much coveted 9th.

Its all about the 9th. Let's not pretend it's anything different

The Rosco

Bench
True, TM . . . but to be fair, surely we all knew that Owen 4 was a very likely outcome.
Hopefully we keep our heads up and keep improving as a team.

Vic Mackey

Referee

They will both be tough games, however we are certainly a chance. I haven’t been very impressed with the knights. They beat the dogs (lol) and then beat the warriors in a 3 tries all game when the warriors had a legit try taken off them.

The Eels would have lost to the Broncos if they didn’t lose 3 players to injury, then beat a Storm side who were missing 3 Origin players in torrential rain.

In short I think both have had a lot of luck in the opening 2 rounds, let’s hope we get some some too.

Losing is not great but sometimes it’s how you lose, when a team gives up or doesn’t compete, imo is more frustrating than say a bad call from a ref.

stryker

First Grade
Losing is not great but sometimes it’s how you lose, when a team gives up or doesn’t compete, imo is more frustrating than say a bad call from a ref.
It’s far more frustrating.
If you lose whilst busting your balls then you gave yourself every opportunity to seal the win and it was luck or bad circumstance that beat you.
When you don’t compete it’s all on you.

The bunnies should be in a genuine panic about this, they are dancing with the devil.

A great fear about sending Brooksy on his way is his replacement ...but Reynolds would be a fair upgrade.

oh yeah, source: 2gb.

Fordy20

Juniors
Since Brisbane and North Queensland both have busted caps, we are the only logical option, but this wouldn't be the first time a player used us as leverage to land a contract with the Bunnies.

Kinda sad that the best we are hoping for going 0-4 with narrow losses in Rounds 3 & 4

BrotherJim05

Bench
My worry with A Reynolds would be that he has only ever played in a good team with classy backs and monster forwards. Then again, his role has always been to implement coaches game plan with his kicking game, nothing more.

I actually reckon Reynolds at 7 and Brooks at 6 would make a good combo. Brooks should do a halves clinic with Matt John's and redevelop himself as a Munster style 5/8...or not and we develop AD or Laurie into 5/8

Latest posts