What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think Dufty has improved this year even taking some dumny half runs. A review come round 13 or 14 is a better indicator of how he's progressed, regressed or just remained the same. The first half of the season appears to be his re-signing window, until then he's our fullback.

If he's not re-signed, then who becomes our fullback?

The options are:
Ramsey - who I believe should stay on the wing and not play fullback. We've been pining for a flyer and we finally have one.
Moceidreke - current fullback in KOE Cup, but has as many errors as Dufty and is only on a PT contract.
Schiller - out injured atm and playing centre in JF. Big wraps on this kid
Sloan - out injured atm and playing fullback in SG Ball. Was preferred fullback in the 1st trial game. Absolute gun who floats when he runs and has a great combo with Bud and Jr.

I'm sure this will become clearer as the season progresses.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
We need our fullback to compete with the high ball at most times. Dufty too many times leaves it to others. This will and does lead to disastrous consequences. A major problem for Griffen to fix.:(

Old Timer

Coach
Don’t back away from your comments now that you realise how silly there were..

Own them like a badge of pride!

And I’d appreciate it if you give a shout out to Larry & Curly next time..
If you tell yourself often enough you just might believe your own bullshit.

Little chance of you owning your mistakes, lies and stupidity like a badge of pride that's for sure.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Two 80 min performances and last night he was fantastic. His kicking game from dummy half was on point don’t you think??
I didn’t see any kicks from Lawrie from dummy half.

But under OT’s rules he gets the 80 mins against his name as he spent some time on the field and the rest on the bench.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If you tell yourself often enough you just might believe your own bullshit.

Little chance of you owning your mistakes, lies and stupidity like a badge of pride that's for sure.
I think you’ll find you only need to look under my name to see that I revel in absurdity.

Lighten up you cranky old fart.

You’ll give yourself another hernia.

Tuddy

Juniors
Everyone in here is bitching about Dufty again..

This observation infers that the bitching stopped at some point.....he hasn’t earnt that yet. I’ll be sure to let you know if it does stop but I’m not entirely sure it will.

What I am sure of is that he is running out of time. His only chance in my view is that we move him into the halves as others have said. He’s already been given a lot of time to learn how to catch a ball and put his body on the line .....you know, like all the other fullbacks in the nrl do.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This observation infers that the bitching stopped at some point.....
This is true.. There are a lot of whingers on here..

I’ll be sure to let you know if it does stop
Hit me up on MySpace

What I am sure of is that he is running out of time.
In the philosophical sense, we all are. Each sunset brings us one day closer to our deaths.

His only chance in my view is that we move him into the halves as others have said.
Stupidity is not the answer.

He’s already been given a lot of time to learn how to catch a ball and put his body on the line .....you know, like all the other fullbacks in the nrl do.
He didn’t drop a ball last night & stopped a couple of tries. Oh, and we won.

I feel you need to watch other team’s fullbacks with the same negative view you watch our own.

They do exactly the same things Dufty does..

dragon thomo

Juniors
Dufty did let one bomb bounce that could have gone either way. He did not drop a bomb but he looked very edgy under the high ball.
Not convinced with him.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dufty did let one bomb bounce that could have gone either way. He did not drop a bomb but he looked very edgy under the high ball.
Not convinced with him.
Lomax let a bomb bounce too.

The cowboys scored off that error.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I’m a Dufty fan but he needs to do things at a faster rate. Picks up a ball at the back and does a hop skip and a jump into a slight jog into the defence, hence why he gets dragged back.With the speed he possesses he should hit the accelerator button and run back on a zig zag where he may be able to gain ground or cut through if it is a staggered defence and relieve us from having to start sets on our line. I don’t know why he runs back the way he does it makes me want to smash my tv. Just last night my mate said to me why the hell does he not watch how slater use to fly across field watching the ball when in defence so as to help out the front line

possm

Coach
This observation infers that the bitching stopped at some point.....he hasn’t earnt that yet. I’ll be sure to let you know if it does stop but I’m not entirely sure it will.

What I am sure of is that he is running out of time. His only chance in my view is that we move him into the halves as others have said. He’s already been given a lot of time to learn how to catch a ball and put his body on the line .....you know, like all the other fullbacks in the nrl do.
Dufty would be on 200k-300k looking for an extetion at 500k-600k (fullback money). Frankly he is not worth that money.

We have 3 other young players also wanting to play fullback who would most probably be glad to do the job for 200k on a 3 year deal. Ramsey, Sloan and Schiller would all jump at a first grade fullback opportunity. What is even more relevant is that they all seem to have what it takes, but of course we won't know that until they are put into that position for a period.

Norman should be let go and Sullivan given his chance at 6. Duty should be let go and Ramsey given his chance. So, Griffin has some decisions to make and I trust he will make the one that is best for the club and the team. In my view both Norman and Dufty have failed to perform at first grade level in their positions.

Spazer

Juniors
Lomax let a bomb bounce too.

The cowboys scored off that error.
Lomax should be dropped for Bird and Feagai as his defence and ball handling are worse than Dufty's. We gotta get rid of our best attacking weapons if they can't catch.