What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round three vs The Storm

Jane Murray

Bench
where? There are only 13 players allowed on the field.
We will probably disagree, maybe give Mom a rest, or move Yeo to the back row and play him there. Another note, with Penrith literally underwater and more rain to come, I wonder if the game will proceed?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We will probably disagree, maybe give Mom a rest, or move Yeo to the back row and play him there. Another note, with Penrith literally underwater and more rain to come, I wonder if the game will proceed?

Correct, we definitely disagree on that. Particularly moving Yeo, that’s madness.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Correct, we definitely disagree on that. Particularly moving Yeo, that’s madness.

panthersam

Juniors

Yeo is currently the best 13 in the competition so it would be impossible to find a good reason to move him

The_Frog

First Grade
The team might have to train away from the Academy, at Panthers stadium perhaps, but for the stadium to flood Mulgoa Road would have to be underwater and that doesn't seem likely. It'll be over in a couple of days.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think May covers too many positions so would keep him. Burton as already said by many on here only if there is an injury to Nathan or Jerome. Anyway I have my doubts if the game will be played at Penrith. Would it be transferred to another ground in Sydney?

May has fitted in so well at 14 (super sub) covered seemlessly when Nathan went off. If Nathan can't play on Thursday bring Burton in.

theinsideman

Juniors
1 Dylan Edwards
2 Charlie Staines
3 Paul Momirovski
4 Stephen Crichton (gk)
5 Brian To'o
6 Matt Burton
7 Jarome Luai
8 Moses Leota
9 Mitch Kenny
10 James Fisher-Harris
11 Viliame Kikau
12 Kurt Capewell
13 Isaah Yeo (c)

14 Tyrone May
15 Spencer Leniu
16 Matthew Eisenhuth
17 Liam Martin

18 Nathan Cleary (pending concussion) (c)

Kilkenny

Coach
Nathan Cleary will be fine, by all accounts he passed all post game cognitive tests, so he will be good to go on Thursday night assuming our stadium isn’t under water by then.

I’m sure he was just taken off as a precaution, if the game had been in the balance, he would have been cleared to play on.

DWZ will probably get a week or so, it was careless, lazy but there was no intent on his part. Looked far worse than it probably was in my opinion.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Nathan Cleary will be fine, by all accounts he passed all post game cognitive tests, so he will be good to go on Thursday night assuming our stadium isn’t under water by then.

I’m sure he was just taken off as a precaution, if the game had been in the balance, he would have been cleared to play on.

DWZ will probably get a week or so, it was careless, lazy but there was no intent on his part. Looked far worse than it probably was in my opinion.

Nah mate, he went of for a HIA, he didn’t pass the test until 5 or 6 mins after full time. Not saying he won’t play, but he’s definitely bound by the HIA protocol.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nah mate, he went of for a HIA, he didn’t pass the test until 5 or 6 mins after full time. Not saying he won’t play, but he’s definitely bound by the HIA protocol.

Players leave the field, pass the HIA protocols and return to the field during the course of the same game.

Nathan left the field at the end of the Bulldogs game, couldn’t return and I suspect given the state of the game we basically just gave him an early mark.

I’ll be very, very surprised if he is not declared fit for Thursday night, it was not as if he was knocked senseless it really wasn’t that bad.

Let’s not be naive here, all clubs take advantage of the HIA protocols to get a free interchange, particularly around subbing front rowers at convenient times. It is just the way it is. We see it each and every game, week in week out.

WestyLife

First Grade
Players leave the field, pass the HIA protocols and return to the field during the course of the same game.

Nathan left the field at the end of the Bulldogs game, couldn’t return and I suspect given the state of the game we basically just gave him an early mark.

I’ll be very, very surprised if he is not declared fit for Thursday night, it was not as if he was knocked senseless it really wasn’t that bad.

Let’s not be naive here, all clubs take advantage of the HIA protocols to get a free interchange, particularly around subbing front rowers at convenient times. It is just the way it is. We see it each and every game, week in week out.
Cleary definitely would've been forced off regardless by the independent doctor after that hit.

It's also mandatory 15 mins.

Jane Murray

Bench
why would you do that? May has been excellent and is needed to cover Mitch.

Without injury, there is no reason to play Burton. He doesn’t improve the team.
Cleary was heavily targeted in the grand final, therefore blunting his game. With Burton there, that could provide another point of attack, and could prove critical.

franklin2323

Immortal
If Burton could play 9 then you could make the agument. He will get plenty of gametime throughout the year

WestyLife

First Grade
Cleary was heavily targeted in the grand final, therefore blunting his game. With Burton there, that could provide another point of attack, and could prove critical.

I like the idea in principle it's just difficult to do practically when taking roster balance and interchange into account.

If Burton could play 9 then you could make the agument. He will get plenty of gametime throughout the year

This. May has the utility spot taken for good reason.

Jane Murray

Bench
I like the idea in principle it's just difficult to do practically when taking roster balance and interchange into account.

This. May has the utility spot taken for good reason.
It would shock me if Nathan plays. Oh well it's great that the powers to be have not buckled to Landry.