What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Don't know, but I reckon he is a WT guy, taking jis pets out for a walk:cool:

2aec17ad958e0682ef5e4ac684e13f85

BrotherJim05

Bench
Heard on westlife podcast that reason JAC went off us was that we wouldn't budge on releasing Talau. Adding how good Momo is playing at Panthers it really makes you wonder what our attack would look like with JAC/Momo on the left edge vs. the brain trust we currently have.

May have been more things going on but still... Very frustrating

WA Tiger

Bench
Heard on westlife podcast that reason JAC went off us was that we wouldn't budge on releasing Talau. Adding how good Momo is playing at Panthers it really makes you wonder what our attack would look like with JAC/Momo on the left edge vs. the brain trust we currently have.

May have been more things going on but still... Very frustrating
I think someone mentioned that on here about Talau a bit back. Anyway Someone fked up with the swap that’s for sure. The worse case scenario is whoever from WT made the decision not to go ahead thought “OK if Melbourne want Talau maybe he is better than we thought”.Instead of “OK we know he’s got limitations. maybe Melbourne don’t know about them”
Which is the bigger tragedy We let him go or we had an easy solution to get him back and ignored it. I think the latter.
Too late now move on.

Last edited:
Laurie> Momo.
Harry> Momo.

Don’t forget Momo whinged on to us about a release and then ultimately ratted on us when he showed up at Penrith. All unnecessary, running us down.

Bjs problem is that he’s running his own race with all his stupidity and largess. He needs as big a game as Brooksy imho to stay in the run on squad.

if we can beat the roosters we will get some respect.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Momo doing well, good on him,I felt he never let us down without ever being given a fair go at establishing himself, in all honesty he is probably better value than both BJ and JTJ at this stage of their careers.
I hope he kills it and makes us look even more stupid than usual

gordsy

Juniors
If we can get Hastings for less money than Brooks eh it's worth a shot. We have no one coming through that can fill the breach and good luck trying to buy a half, Newcastle has to re-sign Pearce.

The interesting question is for how long do you sign Jackson ?

in all seriousness the rumour I’ve heard is it’s been driven by Payten, who coached him in the 20s, so may think he can get the best of him
well Payten did have a good name as a mentor of the 18's & 20's.

Well the 3-way trade is better than just a swap for a season.
If Hastings is the guy that saves their season, they better get him on the 1st flight out because he'll still have to do his 14 day quarantine.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
If we can get Hastings for less money than Brooks eh it's worth a shot. We have no one coming through that can fill the breach and good luck trying to buy a half, Newcastle has to re-sign Pearce.

The interesting question is for how long do you sign Jackson ?

Hastings has a very extroverted personality, sometimes for his own good (there’s a reason why he’s been booted by 2 NRL clubs). I know him personally , through footy and his mum from before he left for England.

But maybe it’s what the club needs. He’s the complete opposite of Brooks who seems quiet, and reserved. For once I just want our chief playmaker to pull players into line and direct our troops around the field

I reckon 1 year effective immediately club option for next year and beyond but I have no idea about the contract implications in place now

Tigerm

First Grade
Hastings has a very extroverted personality, sometimes for his own good (there’s a reason why he’s been booted by 2 NRL clubs). I know him personally , through footy and his mum from before he left for England.

But maybe it’s what the club needs. He’s the complete opposite of Brooks who seems quiet, and reserved. For once I just want our chief playmaker to pull players into line and direct our troops around the field

I reckon 1 year effective immediately club option for next year and beyond but I have no idea about the contract implications in place now

what ever he is like, if he is more imposing than Brooks, then he can’t be any worse for us atm?

Latest posts