What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Manly

SEAT 1A

Bench
Steady as we go and hoping for no errors in the first twenty.

Looking forward to see how "Sneaky Burger" AKA Josh Kerr and Tyrell without the best sponsors name go.

kit66

Bench
I was just looking back through some stats comparing Lawrie's efforts this year compared to last and noticed a big drop in metres and tackles from him when he's starting prop as opposed to starting lock or playing off the bench as he did much of last year. His best figures were at starting lock making well over 100 mtrs per game and often being our top or 2nd top tackler in the 35 - 45 range. He also played less minutes per game last year than this year under Hook. I wonder if Hook will notice that and maybe make some changes. I'd give Alvaro a shot at partnering Vaughan to start and maybe Lawrie to the bench. Could even put him back to starting lock but that's a big call given Fui is doing so well. His metres are well down - to around 75mpg as well as his work in defence even though he's playing longer minutes. Something to keep an eye on. This isn't a criticism just something I noticed. I'm a Lawrie fan.

Como Connection

First Grade
I was just looking back through some stats comparing Lawrie's efforts this year compared to last and noticed a big drop in metres and tackles from him when he's starting prop as opposed to starting lock or playing off the bench as he did much of last year. His best figures were at starting lock making well over 100 mtrs per game and often being our top or 2nd top tackler in the 35 - 45 range. He also played less minutes per game last year than this year under Hook. I wonder if Hook will notice that and maybe make some changes. I'd give Alvaro a shot at partnering Vaughan to start and maybe Lawrie to the bench. Could even put him back to starting lock but that's a big call given Fui is doing so well. His metres are well down - to around 75mpg as well as his work in defence even though he's playing longer minutes. Something to keep an eye on. This isn't a criticism just something I noticed. I'm a Lawrie fan.
I sure Hook is well aware of your stats.
Leave it to him.
CC

Maddragon99

Juniors
St George Illawarra Knock On Effect Cup team: Round 3 v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles –
1. Sitiveni Moceidreke
2. Sam McCann
3. Mathew Feagai
4. Max Feagai
5. Shaun Sauni-Esau
6. Tyran Wishart
7. Zeik Foster
8. Jaiyden Hunt
9. Billy Brittain
10. Luke Chalker
11. Josh Carr
12. Charly Runciman
13. Hayden Lomax

Interchange:
14. Luke Gale
15. Matthew Delbanco
16. Lachlan Peachey
24. Pio Sokobalavu

St George Illawarra Jersey Flegg team: Round 3 v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles –
1. Treigh Stewart
2. Ryan Papas
3. James Schiller
4. Kaylen Miller
5. Billy Hayburn
6. Sam Hooper
7. Braxton Wallace
8. Hudson Spicer
9. Connor Muhleisen
10. Matthew Nicholson (c)
11. Bailey Antrobus
12. Shalom O'Ofou
13. Ben Arandt

Interchange:
14. Harris Georgopoulos
15. Blake Dowel
16. Hayden Budd
17. Zach Herring
18. Dallas Collins
20. Aaron Johnson

Some interesting selections, Jackson Ford omitted, Runciman picked in the second row again a possible first grade player later this year? Feagai’s both starting, Shalom who I have huge wraps on starting second row & Schiller picked in the centre’s. Blacker’s suspension is a hassle he needs game time to work his way into first grade.

kit66

Bench

Some interesting selections, Jackson Ford omitted, Runciman picked in the second row again a possible first grade player later this year? Feagai’s both starting, Shalom who I have huge wraps on starting second row & Schiller picked in the centre’s. Blacker’s suspension is a hassle he needs game time to work his way into first grade.

I think Ford, Ellis and Clune have been named on the extended bench for 1st grade, so likely to play in reggies you'd think, unless the games are in totally different locations of course. They need to keep up their match fitness.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think Ford, Ellis and Clune have been named on the extended bench for 1st grade, so likely to play in reggies you'd think, unless the games are in totally different locations of course. They need to keep up their match fitness.
I thought the rationale was Ford would be working his way back through the reggies so hope that’s the case

George Dragon

Juniors
St George Illawarra Knock On Effect Cup team: Round 3 v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles –
1. Sitiveni Moceidreke
2. Sam McCann
3. Mathew Feagai
4. Max Feagai
5. Shaun Sauni-Esau
6. Tyran Wishart
7. Zeik Foster
8. Jaiyden Hunt
9. Billy Brittain
10. Luke Chalker
11. Josh Carr
12. Charly Runciman
13. Hayden Lomax

Interchange:
14. Luke Gale
15. Matthew Delbanco
16. Lachlan Peachey
24. Pio Sokobalavu

St George Illawarra Jersey Flegg team: Round 3 v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles –
1. Treigh Stewart
2. Ryan Papas
3. James Schiller
4. Kaylen Miller
5. Billy Hayburn
6. Sam Hooper
7. Braxton Wallace
8. Hudson Spicer
9. Connor Muhleisen
10. Matthew Nicholson (c)
11. Bailey Antrobus
12. Shalom O'Ofou
13. Ben Arandt

Interchange:
14. Harris Georgopoulos
15. Blake Dowel
16. Hayden Budd
17. Zach Herring
18. Dallas Collins
20. Aaron Johnson

The games are played 2 days after FG so players will drop back.
JP to wing Sam out
Clune half Zeik out.
Ellis and Ford start Lomax and Chalker to bench.
Gale is out injured and Peachy will drop out. Wouldn't surprise me to see Wiliame get a run if he plays small minutes.

No surprise for Shalom and Schiller they played all the trials there and had a good combination.
Schiller missed first game with a hammy and Shalom played well in the first round.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Said before even with players we have lost , Hook will show up Mary......
One noticeable difference is all of Hook’s signing are younger & still with plenty of potential. Alvaro, Faamausili & Bird all mid 20’s. Whereas McGubber preferred older journeyman past their prime & still on good money. Graham, Norman, Latimore, Luke, Williame & Merrin even though Merrin has lifted under Hook.

TruSaint

Referee
One noticeable difference is all of Hook’s signing are younger & still with plenty of potential. Alvaro, Faamausili & Bird all mid 20’s. Whereas McGubber preferred older journeyman past their prime & still on good money. Graham, Norman, Latimore, Luke, Williame & Merrin even though Merrin has lifted under Hook.

McCullough says hi. :)

redv13

Bench
I’m not sold on this Fifita rumour I hope there’s nothing to it.
I’d say it’s worth the risk for an 18 month contract on 2 provisos:
1: He is medically cleared by our Doctors and
2: Sharks are tipping in some $$$.
Yeah he’s a shit f**k but when he’s on he can turn a game single handedly. We haven’t had an enforcer like him since 2009/2010. Roll the dice Hook

Maddragon99

Juniors
I’d say it’s worth the risk for an 18 month contract on 2 provisos:
1: He is medically cleared by our Doctors and
2: Sharks are tipping in some $$$.
Yeah he’s a shit f**k but when he’s on he can turn a game single handedly. We haven’t had an enforcer like him since 2009/2010. Roll the dice Hook
Assuming we get a win against Manly this week with the same team, who’d you drop to fit him in? Williame I guess but that makes a 4 forward rotation.

Latest posts