What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

flippikat

Bench
17,500? The game knows no limits to its ambitions lol.
It should be a condition of license that you play in a min 25k capacity stadium. When you have extra capacity you can do things like Eels are now doing with free kids memberships.

Yeah, my reaction too when I heard the proposal.

I mean, seriously.. is that all the ambition that some Sydney clubs have?

Omott91

Juniors
17.5k is embarrassingly small.

The A league stadium is about right for their competition. Competition averages around 8k for crowds so they are allowing themselves capacity for twice the average crowd size.

The Nrl averages 15k or so and this is what they are aiming for.

Perth Red

Post Whore
17.5k is embarrassingly small.

The A league stadium is about right for their competition. Competition averages around 8k for crowds so they are allowing themselves capacity for twice the average crowd size.

The Nrl averages 15k or so and this is what they are aiming for.

bulldogs have avg’d 20k and tigers 19k before. Hard to see them wanting to reduce their revenue and opportunity for fans to support them!

mongoose

Coach
yeah you need at least 25k if you want to average 17/18k, cause occasionally you might get a sellout or close to and then other games you might only get 9k so they average out.

MugaB

Coach
yeah you need at least 25k if you want to average 17/18k, cause occasionally you might get a sellout or close to and then other games you might only get 9k so they average out.
These stadiums aren't for the big match ups that would draw attendances over 20k, a good example is easter monday, you wouldn't schedule parra vs tigers at liverpool stadium, it would be at bankwest.
Gold Coast vs Bulldogs, Warriors vs Tigers, basically low attendance games would be a Liverpool game, blockbuster match ups at Bankwest/Homebush, keeping the illusion of packed house on tv

Marlins

Juniors
A 17K stadium in Liverpool isn’t the worst idea. Ideally the Dog’s/Tigpies could take half their games there, most notably against out of state teams. Use Homebush for games against their Sydney rivals. Realistically when are the Dogs or Tigpies ever going to average over 20k against the likes of the Titans, Storm etc.

siv

First Grade
These stadiums aren't for the big match ups that would draw attendances over 20k, a good example is easter monday, you wouldn't schedule parra vs tigers at liverpool stadium, it would be at bankwest.
Gold Coast vs Bulldogs, Warriors vs Tigers, basically low attendance games would be a Liverpool game, blockbuster match ups at Bankwest/Homebush, keeping the illusion of packed house on tv

Your right

Until we get requests to play finals in them

Easter Monday is @ ANZ.. not bankwest , because bankwest isn't big enough with over 40K expected .

flippikat

Bench
What canberra and Liverpool (and I’d argue shared southern Sydney clubs) should be aiming for:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/b...ntractor-for-new-christchurch-stadium-delayed

That's one of the things that's really missing from the NRL - some fully enclosed stadiums.

With one in Canberra & another in Sydney, we'd have a couple of grounds where players can show their skills without having to battle the elements.

Of course money prevents every team having a covered home ground - and to be honest, I'd never want it. Still, it'd be great to have some like that.

Suitman

Post Whore
From the SCG today. Photos taken by someone else.
Notice how close the stadium is now to the M. A. Noble stand.
Left click for larger images.

img_20210327_145449-jpg.1268348

img_20210327_145628-jpg.1268349

horrie hastings

First Grade

Was at the SCG yesterday and was looking it from ground level and yes was amazed how close it was to the back of the Noble Stand.

Better half does a bit of training at Moore Park a couple of days a week and always comments on how new things just pop up construction wise on the site every time when training.

Rooster8

Juniors

Do we know if they'll be connected in some way or another (i.e. bridge?). I doubt they will as it practically serves no functions between the 2 different grounds. However, i'm sure if the Trust had the opportunity to they would, just how spurs did a for the new stadium.
maxresdefault.jpg

interior-bridge-connecting-stadium-with-lilywhite-house-the-new-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-london-united-kingdom-architect-populous-2019-2B1TPA8.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
Do we know if they'll be connected in some way or another (i.e. bridge?). I doubt they will as it practically serves no functions between the 2 different grounds. However, i'm sure if the Trust had the opportunity to they would, just how spurs did a for the new stadium.
maxresdefault.jpg

interior-bridge-connecting-stadium-with-lilywhite-house-the-new-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-london-united-kingdom-architect-populous-2019-2B1TPA8.jpg

No plans to connect the two. There's no need to.
Who'd want to go to the f**king AFL anyway?
White Hart Lane connects two different facilities anyway.

Deacon

First Grade
No plans to connect the two. There's no need to.
Who'd want to go to the f**king AFL anyway?
White Hart Lane connects two different facilities anyway.
Potential to use more function rooms at the opposite ground, spurs stadium connection is their head office

Latest posts