What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

T-Boon

Coach
As an Eels supporter since 1979, the dude is in our top 20 players of all time.

He was definitly top 10 probably top 5.
Sterlo, Kenny, Price, Cronin, Hayne, Hindmarsh. Throw in some old timers.
I have to concede his career is over. His appeal will take 6 months and if he wins that (highly unlikely) he will be too old even for England.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Good to see a majority of people aren't absolute pigs like a couple of the dumb merkins in here...

f**k Boon mate... You've gone from village idiot to a victim blaming merkin... Don't know what's happened, but seek help mate.

My ignore list is sooooo f**king long now

Tiger5150

Bench
Good to see a majority of people aren't absolute pigs like a couple of the dumb merkins in here...

f**k Boon mate... You've gone from village idiot to a victim blaming merkin... Don't know what's happened, but seek help mate.

I always assumed TBoon was a troll but now I think he is legit, which is terrifying.

Gardenia

Juniors
As an Eels supporter since 1979, the dude is in our top 20 players of all time. He did stink the place up in 2018 though. But looking at the whole sordid situation I cannot in good faith offer any type of excuse or attempt to brush over his conviction. Massive fall from Grace and if his appeal goes belly up he goes to jail. That simple.
Im assuming he is only out on bail while waiting for sentencing early May. I do not think they will let him still be out on bail pending an appeal? id say he is headed to jail.

Maybe he’s secretly Eric Abetz

Mark B

Juniors
Im assuming he is only out on bail while waiting for sentencing early May. I do not think they will let him still be out on bail pending an appeal? id say he is headed to jail.
Can get bail even if already sentenced after his conviction. Pretty rare but can happen.

T-Boon

Coach

Hey dopey, every time I school you over in the cave threads you do the same emotional melt down and start talking ignore list. Just do it.

@fourplay
@T-Boon

Hayne has been found guilty after the case has been through exhaustive checks and balances in our legal system that are designed to ensure that innocent people are not found guilty,

But you don’t believe it. And that has nothing to do with your exposure to the culture wars on social media, and everything to do with the influence that social media has had on 12 independent Jurors, who have been heavily scrutinised during the selection process for the jury.

Seriously?
Linda Chamberlain was wrongfully convicted when a dingo ate her baby because the media put her on trial. This shit happens all the time.

betcats

Referee
Whether or not he was invited over or not for sex was well covered in the trials. Hayne's highly educated and highly paid lawyer made that argument and it failed twice.

betcats

Referee
You mean the case of Hayne travelling a long distance in an Uber/Taxi to meet a stranger at her mother's house late one night, then going home after they went into her bedroom?

What part of that have I gotten wrong?

Just look at the trial notes. Of course he went there, that doesnt mean she invited him over and it certainly doesnt mean she invited him over for sex. You just want to assume that because it suits your stance on this. This was covered in the trial.