What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

redv13

Bench
As a spectator I can’t stand A. Fifita. Comes across as a total tool, he’s now injury prone, a referee magnet and did I mention he seems like a dickhead?

If Hook and co are chasing him and Hunt seems keen well I need to (reluctantly) bow to their superior knowledge and judgement on this.
Welcome aboard mate. Dickhead yes, aggressive yes, game changer yes, point to prove everyone wrong yes, discounted price yes, trust Hook on this one. Definitely yes!!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Question: if cronulla pay 50% to get him off their books, does that remove any cap cost moving forward for them?
NAPLAN 2021:

Jimmy’s car fuel gauge shows he has a full tank of petrol after filling up at the service station at the shopping centre.

Whilst Jimmy is in the shops, Robert comes along with a hose & syphons out 50% of the petrol in the tank.

How much fuel does Jimmy still have left in his car?

The calm one

Juniors
  • Fifita is 31 years old (32 in June).
  • McCullough is 31 years old.
  • Both have (had) dodgy knees.
There's 2/3rd's of your front row (aside from subs etc).

Personally - I would have thrown a lot of muscle at getting Brandon Smith instead of McCullough. To me Smith is the future, McCullough has filled a gap. I've always liked Andrew Fifita despite some of the negativity that floats around about him. But at 32, 33 years old as a prop - he becomes a gap filler.

Jimmy Graham left us at 34. and in his last few games for us in 2020, he was a bench forward. There's not many players in the Red V i've loved more than James Graham but despite wanting him to play forever he was just simply behind the pace. And he never had the size or knee issues of Fifita. Props over 31/32 that are still firing on all cylinders are a rare breed. Graham was one - for a year or two. I dunno if Fifita can return to be one, and especially under the new rules (fatigue etc).

At a great price, then it becomes worth it. I haven't seen Fifita play anywhere near well consistently in over 2 seasons and so I wouldn't expect him to break all the shackles and become that brute force again week in week out.

I'd prefer they invest in getting targetting others.
You are right about there age but here is the problem. He needs forward to plug some holes for a couple of years for the simple reason there is just nothing in the lower grades coming through

Maddragon99

Juniors
Fifita exit could solve Sharks’ big problem; Broncos’ sticking point over young gun: Transfer Whispers
75d0eed72791050c5001bfa8e42c9ce0

Andrew Fifita’s exit could help Cronulla address a mjaor roster hole.l
The player market is as busy as ever with clubs looking to make immediate changes to their roster while it’s still early in the season.

One of those clubs is the Dragons. Coach Anthony Griffin has his eye on Sharks forward Andrew Fifita and the club has reportedly believes a Fifita move could benefit both parties.

Meanwhile, the manager of South Sydney star, Adam Reynolds has made an admission about the No.7’s future — and Bunnies fans won’t like it.

Read on for the latest Transfer Whispers.

Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand with No Ad-Breaks During Play. New to Kayo? > Get your 14-day free trial now & start streaming instantly >

denis preston

First Grade
The Fifita story is all over the media now and what concerns me is that some other team will snap him up before we get through " monitoring " his situation , as one news source put it. Doggies, Melb, Newcastle all love signing the biggest blokes they can find and it's the big packs that are winning the games right now.
Just hurry up and sign him. He could be playing for us in a couple of weeks.
There is that risk, but when rumours snowball like this , the decision has already been made and only the semantics are holding up an official announcement. Happened with Packer,Dugan & Graham so this looks the same.

Where there is smoke , there is fire.

2010Dragons

Bench
NAPLAN 2021:

Jimmy’s car fuel gauge shows he has a full tank of petrol after filling up at the service station at the shopping centre.

Whilst Jimmy is in the shops, Robert comes along with a hose & syphons out 50% of the petrol in the tank.

How much fuel does Jimmy still have left in his car?

muzby.... ya stooge.
You never cease to make me laugh. 15 years and you haven’t changed.
are you still Rick rolling the newbies?
:blush::wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
muzby.... ya stooge.
You never cease to make me laugh. 15 years and you haven’t changed.
are you still Rick rolling the newbies?
:blush::wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Cheers bro.. I haven’t done one of those in a while.. YouTube ads spoil the surprise..

Plus for a while there one of the developers had set it up that any time I posted that link I’d get automatically logged out..

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Griffin has the relationship and his respect. We will get the deal done.

Maybe a clean swap for 2021 - McInnes / Fifita. Contact for 2022 at 600k.
Lol.... that sounds like a good deal.... a guy out for the season with an ACL for a guy fighting fit and ready to go. It will cost you guys about 900k over 2 seasons to land Fifita but you won’t want to dawdle cause a return to the Tigers hasn’t be ruled out for Fifi.

Illusion

Bench
Lol.... that sounds like a good deal.... a guy out for the season with an ACL for a guy fighting fit and ready to go. It will cost you guys about 900k over 2 seasons to land Fifita but you won’t want to dawdle cause a return to the Tigers hasn’t be ruled out for Fifi.
Mate the Tigers have enough scattered Aces in their team ...... I guess another one won't hurt .....

Latest posts