What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

The Great Dane

First Grade
A. The Steelers don't play in the NRL, so why would there be a Steelers jersey in NRL?
Though that may be true in practice, in theory they are still meant to be part of the NRL, and it's a bit of a shame that the Dragons have been slowly whitewashing their history from the club when considering that their colours and jersey fit in well with the Dragons brand.

But you know whatever, if the Steelers wanted a say they should have held onto control of their end of the merger.
B. The Phoenix jersey looks nothing like a Steelers jersey
The Hawks however did a jersey that was inspired by the Steelers, and was about as good as you could expect for a jersey without sleeves.

DwQ_xDIU0AAB8iE

GAZF

First Grade
I thought he meant that we couldn't have two teams under the name "New York" on account of the population disparity.

I did love the commentators in the 90s screaming “Sydney City!!!”

I actually liked it too. Much preferred it. Made it distinct and rolled off the tongue brilliantly.

Sydney City Roosters.

As it is now they are the only side that you can’t refer to only by their “location” (with the possible exception of Wests Tigers).

Eg you never hear “Canberra versus Sydney”... it automatically sounds like the Raiders are playing the Swans..

But with Sydney City it was very different. They’re not my club but as a rugby league fan it’s a shame they didn’t stick with it.

hrundi99

First Grade
I actually liked it too. Much preferred it. Made it distinct and rolled off the tongue brilliantly.

Sydney City Roosters.

As it is now they are the only side that you can’t refer to only by their “location” (with the possible exception of Wests Tigers).

Eg you never hear “Canberra versus Sydney”... it automatically sounds like the Raiders are playing the Swans..

But with Sydney City it was very different. They’re not my club but as a rugby league fan it’s a shame they didn’t stick with it.

As a former Roosters Merch Manager I can tell you they sold a decent amount of merch to tourists who just wanted something with Sydney on it.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Thought I’d have a play around with an online jersey designer to have a crack at the new Brisbane teams kit

Option 1: Brisbane Jets Version A
68EC4018-2DF6-4CB4-9062-30A77BEB2784.jpeg

Option 2: Brisbane Jets Version B
4A3B8BC7-A982-4DBE-9F61-C800FD110A12.jpeg

Option 3: East Coast Dolphins / Brisbane Dolphins
DB828E49-1C1C-49B8-8835-281F0D99389C.jpeg

I like option 1 the most

toomuchsoup

Juniors
A few more while I’m at it

West Coast Pirates - The obvious choice for the 18th team in my opinion
4F54ABE5-BEC5-4DE6-89BE-0A1A2FD7CA40.jpeg

Auckland Orcas / Christchurch Orcas
Either Auckland2 or a southern team, I think black yellow would be good unique colourway. Orcas would also be a pretty unique sporting team mascot
D23F2FFA-59A4-4EA2-A98B-77AE49CEB230.jpeg

Brisbane Firehawks. If you had to come with the worst name for a new NRL team, Firehawks would be up there. Besides the name they seem to have a pretty good bid. I’d imagine their colours would be something like this
1080286A-0E0F-4E9B-962A-1443272D35B6.jpeg

MugaB

Coach
As a former Roosters Merch Manager I can tell you they sold a decent amount of merch to tourists who just wanted something with Sydney on it.
Good for business, but not for stable crowds, how many Japanese tourists are tuning in onto the NRL after picking up a sydney roosters polo? They'd do better if they had a city to themselves not sharing it with another 8 clubs, go to Adelaide and grow the game in Australia, not flogg off navy polos to irish backpackers

Last edited:

Latest posts